Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - East Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - East Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Camp Koehler CF, Camp Lehman CF, Chippewa CF, Hiawatha CF, Kinross CF, Newberry CF, Oaks CF, Pugsley CF, Saginaw CF, Standish Maximum CF, Straits CF

Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Always His

Default Carpool / Ride Share Thread

Hey guys, well I know its been a minute since I posted.. but I just wanted to see if anybody was making it up to Newberry anytime soon? They transfered my hubby up there and it would be nice to be able to split the cost of going up there with some one. Im from Grand Rapids, but I could meet somebody somewhere.. maybe along I-75 somewhere? Anyways, hope to hear from ya soon!!

Always His BabyGirl
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Default I am north bound to Newberry This Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris'z_girl View Post
Hey guys, well I know its been a minute since I posted.. but I just wanted to see if anybody was making it up to Newberry anytime soon? They transfered my hubby up there and it would be nice to be able to split the cost of going up there with some one. Im from Grand Rapids, but I could meet somebody somewhere.. maybe along I-75 somewhere? Anyways, hope to hear from ya soon!!
I can do that. I have a $35 room just down the street from the prison for Friday night and maybe Saturday too. I go up 127 to I75 comming from Indiana.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Always His

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJacksgirl View Post
I can do that. I have a $35 room just down the street from the prison for Friday night and maybe Saturday too. I go up 127 to I75 comming from Indiana.
that would really cool to do. Send me a PM so we can figure it out!

Always His BabyGirl
Old 04-09-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gris'z_girl View Post
Man I am jealous!!! I made several posts in February begging to go Newberry. I even offered to pay for everything gas+hotel for the weekend and got no takers. You got a ride right away first post. I still haven't got up to Newberry to see my hubby. We missed Valentines Day, his birthday and now our anniversary is in 20 days. You sure are a lucky one!!! God must be smiling on you.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal'sQueen View Post
Man I am jealous!!! I made several posts in February begging to go Newberry. I even offered to pay for everything gas+hotel for the weekend and got no takers. You got a ride right away first post. I still haven't got up to Newberry to see my hubby. We missed Valentines Day, his birthday and now our anniversary is in 20 days. You sure are a lucky one!!! God must be smiling on you.
Hey ladies
I have good news, I am being sent to northern Michigan for work this means the boss is buying and I have to make some extra stops but I am going to Newberry. I have been told to expect to leave this Tueday evening get up that way work and visit on Wednesday then return either Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Its a very short trip for me I have never only stayed 1 day before but its a free trip so I look at this as a bonus. My company is sending me 80 miles from my man its time to slip in a visit. So I say share the bonus if anyone cares to join me and wont mind my work being involved let me know soon so we can make our plans! Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Patiently waiting!!!

Default Carpool / Ride Share Thread

My husband is currently at the Newberry facility and I was wondering if there is anyone who like to carpool with me there. I live in wayne county pls inbox me if you would like to carpool.

Last edited by shannameek; 03-26-2012 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 PM

my hubby just got moved there from Jackson and I havent attempted to take the visit yet, im unsure how to inbox you, could you please contact me. thanks!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm near detroit area, macomb twp, trying to find a ride to go visit my hubby, anyone interested inbox me... ladys lets stick together,,

anyone hear they might be closing that prison? i read it somewhere, but dont seem to find any information on it?
Old 09-27-2012, 02:40 AM

Default Car-pooling to Newberry?

My husband just got transferred to Newberry yesterday from the Handlon Correctional Facility in Ionia. He went from being 45 min away from me to an estimated 5 1/2 hours away, as I am in Grand Rapids.

I'm terrified of the travel costs and having to rent out a room. If anyone would be willing to split the costs with me, I would be incredibly thankful.

We have two daughters together, a two-year-old and a one-month-old that he's only been able to see once 4 days after she was born.

Or if anyone knows the cheapest place to stay up there, any bit of information is helpful.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Susick View Post
My husband just got transferred to Newberry yesterday from the Handlon Correctional Facility in Ionia. He went from being 45 min away from me to an estimated 5 1/2 hours away, as I am in Grand Rapids.

I'm terrified of the travel costs and having to rent out a room. If anyone would be willing to split the costs with me, I would be incredibly thankful.

We have two daughters together, a two-year-old and a one-month-old that he's only been able to see once 4 days after she was born.

Or if anyone knows the cheapest place to stay up there, any bit of information is helpful.
Hi Mrs. Susick,
My loved one is at Chippewa, which is about an hour from Newberry. Have you been able to figure something out with carpooling? If not, maybe we could work something out.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 AM

im 24 an my dads in newberry ...im near the mackinaw bridge an would be willing to split the cost
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM

My Love one has been moved to Kinross Correctional Facility, I do have a car and I am in the Detroit area. If anyone would like to split the cost on gas and hotel stay that would be great.. I am thinking about going the end of March or the beginning of April.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 PM

Default Travel Buddy to Oaks Facility Needed

Hello.. My Friend and I travel to Oaks facility once a month and we were looking to do a ride share. I'm the driver, I rent the car and we split the cost of everything. Our next visit is scheduled for September 14th. Neither of us smoke in the car. It's a 4 hour trip from Detroit to Manistee. I would be willing to pick u up from Metro Detroit. I like to be on the road by 9:45-10am.. any takers let me know.. also no children
The Following User Says Thank You to epicsakia For This Useful Post:
QueenGeneral (06-29-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Lj's Wife

Exclamation Oaks Correctiona Facility Manistee, MI carpool?

Well my boyfriendhas recently been moved to Oaks correctional facility and I no longer have a car. so I was wondering if anyone here is in or near Saginaw, MI and would be interested in carpooling. He is in level 4....
Old 06-29-2014, 11:46 AM
Lj's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicsakia View Post
Hello.. My Friend and I travel to Oaks facility once a month and we were looking to do a ride share. I'm the driver, I rent the car and we split the cost of everything. Our next visit is scheduled for September 14th. Neither of us smoke in the car. It's a 4 hour trip from Detroit to Manistee. I would be willing to pick u up from Metro Detroit. I like to be on the road by 9:45-10am.. any takers let me know.. also no children

Didn't read the previous posts...do you go for level 4 visits? if so I am very much interested, how much would I have to pitch in?
Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM

Default ***ride share***chippewa - kinross***

Hi, I am new to this website. My boyfriend was transferred to Chippewa, across from Kinross. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in car pooling? Since it's along drive I would like to stay the night up there and visit for 2 days, preferably visit Saturday & half day on Sunday. If the funds are okay I would like to leave Friday after work....

If you have a loved one that is up that way and are interested please email me. I live in a suburb about 10 minutes from Detroit.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:10 AM

I am living in Grand Rapids and My Love is in Kinross. I will be making the trip this weekend. Anyone else close that maybe for future trips can tag along?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM

Default Rideshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieMarie View Post
I am living in Grand Rapids and My Love is in Kinross. I will be making the trip this weekend. Anyone else close that maybe for future trips can tag along?

Thanks!

Hello, I visit my LO in Chippewa. I am planning a visit in late July, like the weekend of 7/22. I would be very open to working out a shared trip. PM me! Thanks
Old 04-14-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieMarie View Post

Thanks!
My loved one is in Kinross! I live in Coldwater which is in southern Michigan. Looking for someone to carpool with and split the costs! Wanting to spend the weekend up there and visiting on Saturday and half of Sunday! Just PM me if interested!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Anybody going to Chippewa Correctional?

My love was transferred to Chippewa its 3 hours away from Me was wondering if anybody else was driving hay way & maybe we can car pool ?
Old 10-21-2019, 05:03 PM

Looking for someone to travel to kinross with from Detroit