Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default ISP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread

Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 AM

Is there another way to send money besides joan.com or sending in an actual check?
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
missin sexyface xo

you can put money on his books on http://jpay.com/

very fast, he'll have access to it rather quickly
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

Default ace cashing,$5 flat fee

You can find local one to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzldyjenn84 View Post
Is there another way to send money besides joan.com or sending in an actual check?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1360180246137234.jpg (190.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-16-2015, 12:26 AM

Thumbs down 2013 ISP sending packages / money /book/mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
you can put money on his books on http://jpay.com/

very fast, he'll have access to it rather quickly
I have used jpay once. It was one thing to send money this way, but they charge you 6.95 to send it. Don't think I will do this again, even though he wrote me a letter and wants 50.00 per month. His dad and I agree, he has clothes, food, a roof over his head, and I have bills and children to take care of. I will wait till 4th quarter to send a Xmas package, and maybe some stamps. But I can't afford the extra 50 bucks a month, that takes food out of our kids mouths, and other things.....grrrrrr...
Old 09-10-2015, 11:54 AM

I just ordered a package yesterday for my honey. do any of you ladies know how long it takes for them to receive it??
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintagebabe For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagebabe View Post
I just ordered a package yesterday for my honey. do any of you ladies know how long it takes for them to receive it??
I think it all depends maybe on the mail room? I don't know yet where the packages go in the prison. My hubby GRRRR traded his 4th quarter package, which really pissed me off, as our kids were excited about sending their father a nice package for Xmas........He told me to wait till 1st quarter in Jan 16........Well by Jan 2016 quarter I may not have the funds to send a package. Very annoying.......
Old 09-25-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
I think it all depends maybe on the mail room? I don't know yet where the packages go in the prison. My hubby GRRRR traded his 4th quarter package, which really pissed me off, as our kids were excited about sending their father a nice package for Xmas........He told me to wait till 1st quarter in Jan 16........Well by Jan 2016 quarter I may not have the funds to send a package. Very annoying.......
I spoke to my guy, he let me know he received it. He recieved like a week after I placed and purchased the order online. He told me that he would be good until the end of the year which made me happy and somewhat relived. I spent $160 and he told me he helped out and traded and even gave some stuff to other guys there. I did get a bit annoyed by that too. BUT he did mentioned that the only reason he did that was because when he first got there which was bearly in June he had nothing, and he basically just paid back the guys that helped him out once he got there. So that made me feel better. So maybe your guy had to trade his package for a similar reason? what ever his reasonings are for doing that I hope it doesn't become a habit for him to keep doing since your the once putting out the $.
Benjaminsbaby (02-28-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 12:23 AM

Sorry for my horrible spelling. I never re read my posts before I actually post lol and when I re read my post after its send I feel like a dummy for not correcting my misspelled words lol :/
Benjaminsbaby (10-11-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 07:59 AM

Default Jacksonville Prison in Illinois-Sending Items

Hello,
My family is upset with our loved one inside Jacksonville Prison in Illinois. Nobody wants to sent them anything, but I decided that I would. I found our loved one online for Jacksonville Prison in Illinois, but I do not know what and where I can send money and letters. Can you give me some direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Skin ~ on ~ Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Mommies View Post
Hello,
My family is upset with our loved one inside Jacksonville Prison in Illinois. Nobody wants to sent them anything, but I decided that I would. I found our loved one online for Jacksonville Prison in Illinois, but I do not know what and where I can send money and letters. Can you give me some direction?
Hi! Welcome to PTO!
If you look on the very first page of threads under "Prison Talk", down the very bottom you will find a specific forum for Illinois which has lots of useful information for you. Once there, on the main page, down the bottom you will find Jacksonville Prison, for even more specific details! I can't post the links for you as I haven't done enough posts myself yet to "earn" that facility, otherwise I would! Hope this helps! Hugs - Icelollie x
The Following User Says Thank You to Icelollie For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (10-11-2015)
Old 02-28-2016, 09:14 PM

Post Magazines, books etc....

I just sent 4 magazines all free from a website I located by just searching for freebies for the kids. I sent my hubby, sports ills. , runner as in fitness, field and stream, men's health. Wish I could remember what the site was called. It didn't have anything to do with Inmate mags. But he will get 12 months for free. He started school too, business and communication class's. The welding class I guess is still on hold. So the reading material should keep him busy. just saying.....
Old 02-18-2017, 12:51 PM

ordered his package on 2/10/2017 and I still haven't received a confirmation email that its been shipped, it didn't take this long the last time I sent a package (last year) anyone having the same problem?
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
ordered his package on 2/10/2017 and I still haven't received a confirmation email that its been shipped, it didn't take this long the last time I sent a package (last year) anyone having the same problem?
Who did you use for the vendor? I heard Access Secure was having issues, so the package that was meant for him which he said in his most recent letter was going to someone else, grrr, under his name tho, I used Union Supply. Call who ever the vendor is. I always copy the entire order so if it doesn't get to him you have your own invoice. With the confirmation # on it. That's the best advice I can give you. Best of luck......
Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
Who did you use for the vendor? I heard Access Secure was having issues, so the package that was meant for him which he said in his most recent letter was going to someone else, grrr, under his name tho, I used Union Supply. Call who ever the vendor is. I always copy the entire order so if it doesn't get to him you have your own invoice. With the confirmation # on it. That's the best advice I can give you. Best of luck......

I used Access Secure, I never got a confirmation email, but I went on their website to track it and it says shipped, and I never got an email (smh). It's been on "shipped" for a week now. I just got off the phone with my loved one and he told he still has not received anything. And it's almost going to be a month since I ordered it. Ugh next I'm definitely going with a different vendor.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I used Access Secure, I never got a confirmation email, but I went on their website to track it and it says shipped, and I never got an email (smh). It's been on "shipped" for a week now. I just got off the phone with my loved one and he told he still has not received anything. And it's almost going to be a month since I ordered it. Ugh next I'm definitely going with a different vendor.
I'd be raising hell if that happened to his dad or from our youngest daughter. Drop Access Secure, but call them with his CDC #, yard, bed etc, and see what the hold up is. If anything call your bank and dispute this. Then go to Union Supply, far better with better perks, they are really good with sending you a confirmation via email. Also when you place your order copy it. That way they can't say it wasn't received.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:31 AM

Just when I was going to call and make a complaint, my loved one called me and told me he had received it, he got it the first week of March. It took them a month to finally deliver. The thing that sucks is that my loved one told me that the prison told them that if they received their package after the first quarter it was going to be counted as the second quarter which I think is dumb since I ordered it well before the first quarter deadline.