Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
traviesita's Avatar
traviesita traviesita is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Califas...
Posts: 3,285
Thanks: 3,122
Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default ISP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread

Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
__________________
Site Moderator:
Cali What you Need to Know ~
Arizona ~ Arkansas~ KVSP ~ Loving a Lifer
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 AM
mzldyjenn84 mzldyjenn84 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there another way to send money besides joan.com or sending in an actual check?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
pipsqueak's Avatar
pipsqueak pipsqueak is offline
missin sexyface xo
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South County, CA, USA
Posts: 95
Thanks: 11
Thanked 50 Times in 30 Posts
Default

you can put money on his books on http://jpay.com/

very fast, he'll have access to it rather quickly
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pipsqueak For This Useful Post:
143tripps637 (02-05-2013)
  #4  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM
31310Mrs.V 31310Mrs.V is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ORANGE COUNTY,CA(GARDEN GROVE)
Posts: 543
Thanks: 4
Thanked 152 Times in 104 Posts
Default ace cashing,$5 flat fee

You can find local one to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzldyjenn84 View Post
Is there another way to send money besides joan.com or sending in an actual check?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1360180246137234.jpg (190.3 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2015, 12:26 AM
Benjaminsbaby's Avatar
Benjaminsbaby Benjaminsbaby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CA/ USA
Posts: 553
Thanks: 734
Thanked 450 Times in 179 Posts
Thumbs down 2013 ISP sending packages / money /book/mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqueak View Post
you can put money on his books on http://jpay.com/

very fast, he'll have access to it rather quickly
I have used jpay once. It was one thing to send money this way, but they charge you 6.95 to send it. Don't think I will do this again, even though he wrote me a letter and wants 50.00 per month. His dad and I agree, he has clothes, food, a roof over his head, and I have bills and children to take care of. I will wait till 4th quarter to send a Xmas package, and maybe some stamps. But I can't afford the extra 50 bucks a month, that takes food out of our kids mouths, and other things.....grrrrrr...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

I just ordered a package yesterday for my honey. do any of you ladies know how long it takes for them to receive it??
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintagebabe For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (09-24-2015)
  #7  
Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Benjaminsbaby's Avatar
Benjaminsbaby Benjaminsbaby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CA/ USA
Posts: 553
Thanks: 734
Thanked 450 Times in 179 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagebabe View Post
I just ordered a package yesterday for my honey. do any of you ladies know how long it takes for them to receive it??
I think it all depends maybe on the mail room? I don't know yet where the packages go in the prison. My hubby GRRRR traded his 4th quarter package, which really pissed me off, as our kids were excited about sending their father a nice package for Xmas........He told me to wait till 1st quarter in Jan 16........Well by Jan 2016 quarter I may not have the funds to send a package. Very annoying.......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
I think it all depends maybe on the mail room? I don't know yet where the packages go in the prison. My hubby GRRRR traded his 4th quarter package, which really pissed me off, as our kids were excited about sending their father a nice package for Xmas........He told me to wait till 1st quarter in Jan 16........Well by Jan 2016 quarter I may not have the funds to send a package. Very annoying.......
I spoke to my guy, he let me know he received it. He recieved like a week after I placed and purchased the order online. He told me that he would be good until the end of the year which made me happy and somewhat relived. I spent $160 and he told me he helped out and traded and even gave some stuff to other guys there. I did get a bit annoyed by that too. BUT he did mentioned that the only reason he did that was because when he first got there which was bearly in June he had nothing, and he basically just paid back the guys that helped him out once he got there. So that made me feel better. So maybe your guy had to trade his package for a similar reason? what ever his reasonings are for doing that I hope it doesn't become a habit for him to keep doing since your the once putting out the $.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintagebabe For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (02-28-2016)
  #9  
Old 09-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Sorry for my horrible spelling. I never re read my posts before I actually post lol and when I re read my post after its send I feel like a dummy for not correcting my misspelled words lol :/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintagebabe For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (10-11-2015)
  #10  
Old 09-26-2015, 07:59 AM
My3Mommies's Avatar
My3Mommies My3Mommies is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: illinois
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Jacksonville Prison in Illinois-Sending Items

Hello,
My family is upset with our loved one inside Jacksonville Prison in Illinois. Nobody wants to sent them anything, but I decided that I would. I found our loved one online for Jacksonville Prison in Illinois, but I do not know what and where I can send money and letters. Can you give me some direction?




Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Icelollie Icelollie is offline
Skin ~ on ~ Skin
 

Join Date: May 2014
Location: London - UK
Posts: 49
Thanks: 11
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Mommies View Post
Hello,
My family is upset with our loved one inside Jacksonville Prison in Illinois. Nobody wants to sent them anything, but I decided that I would. I found our loved one online for Jacksonville Prison in Illinois, but I do not know what and where I can send money and letters. Can you give me some direction?
Hi! Welcome to PTO!
If you look on the very first page of threads under "Prison Talk", down the very bottom you will find a specific forum for Illinois which has lots of useful information for you. Once there, on the main page, down the bottom you will find Jacksonville Prison, for even more specific details! I can't post the links for you as I haven't done enough posts myself yet to "earn" that facility, otherwise I would! Hope this helps! Hugs - Icelollie x
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icelollie For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (10-11-2015)
  #12  
Old 02-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Benjaminsbaby's Avatar
Benjaminsbaby Benjaminsbaby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CA/ USA
Posts: 553
Thanks: 734
Thanked 450 Times in 179 Posts
Post Magazines, books etc....

I just sent 4 magazines all free from a website I located by just searching for freebies for the kids. I sent my hubby, sports ills. , runner as in fitness, field and stream, men's health. Wish I could remember what the site was called. It didn't have anything to do with Inmate mags. But he will get 12 months for free. He started school too, business and communication class's. The welding class I guess is still on hold. So the reading material should keep him busy. just saying.....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

ordered his package on 2/10/2017 and I still haven't received a confirmation email that its been shipped, it didn't take this long the last time I sent a package (last year) anyone having the same problem?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Benjaminsbaby's Avatar
Benjaminsbaby Benjaminsbaby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CA/ USA
Posts: 553
Thanks: 734
Thanked 450 Times in 179 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagebabe View Post
ordered his package on 2/10/2017 and I still haven't received a confirmation email that its been shipped, it didn't take this long the last time I sent a package (last year) anyone having the same problem?
Who did you use for the vendor? I heard Access Secure was having issues, so the package that was meant for him which he said in his most recent letter was going to someone else, grrr, under his name tho, I used Union Supply. Call who ever the vendor is. I always copy the entire order so if it doesn't get to him you have your own invoice. With the confirmation # on it. That's the best advice I can give you. Best of luck......
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
Who did you use for the vendor? I heard Access Secure was having issues, so the package that was meant for him which he said in his most recent letter was going to someone else, grrr, under his name tho, I used Union Supply. Call who ever the vendor is. I always copy the entire order so if it doesn't get to him you have your own invoice. With the confirmation # on it. That's the best advice I can give you. Best of luck......

I used Access Secure, I never got a confirmation email, but I went on their website to track it and it says shipped, and I never got an email (smh). It's been on "shipped" for a week now. I just got off the phone with my loved one and he told he still has not received anything. And it's almost going to be a month since I ordered it. Ugh next I'm definitely going with a different vendor.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Benjaminsbaby's Avatar
Benjaminsbaby Benjaminsbaby is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: CA/ USA
Posts: 553
Thanks: 734
Thanked 450 Times in 179 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagebabe View Post
I used Access Secure, I never got a confirmation email, but I went on their website to track it and it says shipped, and I never got an email (smh). It's been on "shipped" for a week now. I just got off the phone with my loved one and he told he still has not received anything. And it's almost going to be a month since I ordered it. Ugh next I'm definitely going with a different vendor.
I'd be raising hell if that happened to his dad or from our youngest daughter. Drop Access Secure, but call them with his CDC #, yard, bed etc, and see what the hold up is. If anything call your bank and dispute this. Then go to Union Supply, far better with better perks, they are really good with sending you a confirmation via email. Also when you place your order copy it. That way they can't say it wasn't received.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Vintagebabe Vintagebabe is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 79
Thanks: 4
Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Just when I was going to call and make a complaint, my loved one called me and told me he had received it, he got it the first week of March. It took them a month to finally deliver. The thing that sucks is that my loved one told me that the prison told them that if they received their package after the first quarter it was going to be counted as the second quarter which I think is dumb since I ordered it well before the first quarter deadline.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RJD Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread traviesita R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility at Rock Mountain (RJD) - California 21 09-09-2018 07:01 PM
WSP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread traviesita Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California 46 06-04-2018 10:28 AM
SCC Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread traviesita Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California 28 12-25-2016 12:40 AM
SVSP Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread traviesita Salinas Valley State Prisons (SVSP) - California 22 06-04-2016 03:12 AM
Corcoran State Prison (COR) Sending Packages/Money/Books/Mags Info Thread traviesita Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California 29 03-05-2013 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics