Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 06-27-2020, 05:12 PM

Default Housing recommendations

Can anyone make any recommendations for SO friendly housing in Bucks, Montco, Lehigh or Nothampton counties? Craigslist is a waste of time because of all the scams. PO and CCC are only helpful if I want to stay in Philly. Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated. I am also a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2020, 02:17 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,841 Times in 13,684 Posts

If you check the Pennsylvania Megan's law sex offender registry, the "view public report" includes residence addresses. Some members have said they located housing for SOs by seeing where other SOs are currently living.
https://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/
Old 06-29-2020, 04:57 AM

When I was released on parole I lived in a boarding house with about 5 other guys in the same house. We each had our own private rooms but had to share the kitchen, bathroom and other common areas of the house. Paid one flat fee per month which included everything including cable and electric, and heat etc (except for food). This was back in 2010-2014. I paid around $540 per month. Not the greatest living arrangements but being a SO it was much easier to find a room at a boarding house to rent because you are dealing with an individual owner and not an apartment complex management company.

My PO liked it because besides me there were two other guys as his parolees living there so it made his visits easier. The landlord (owner) also owned a few more buildings just like it. The landlord was very friendly towards "SOs". Unfortunately he sold all his properties a few years back and has retired and moved south.

Besides looking on Megans list check out "rooms for rent". That may help you.