Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:04 PM
TinysWifey

Default Need info on Visiting Tallahatchie for the first time

I wanna get any info anyone knows about visiting at Tallahatchi in Mississippi I want to visit my hubby for the first time in May I'm from San Diego California thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 10:16 PM

Unhappy Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12roanoke29 View Post
I wanna get any info anyone knows about visiting at Tallahatchi in Mississippi I want to visit my hubby for the first time in May I'm from San Diego California thanks
Hi my husband just recently was transfer to this facility from California, I came across this prison talk website and I think I'm going to find lots of help here haha. I'm planning on visiting soon, please let me know if you have any information on the traveling process. Thank you, God bless you!
Old 07-18-2016, 09:22 PM

are there any active woman visiting this location still? I am in need of information.

Thank you
Old 07-18-2016, 10:52 PM

My husband still in Tallahatchie/ Mississippi and I can't get any information on how the transportation to go visit him, all I know is that I have to flight to Jackson and get a rental car or take a bus to Twuiler 😟. Nobody answered my question here so I guess there's not too many active visitors. God bless you
Old 07-18-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Rub View Post
are there any active woman visiting this location still? I am in need of information.

Thank you

Seems like theirs not too many active ppl on here. I can try and answer hour questions based on info from my husband but I haven't been up their plan on it end of year or early next.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:11 PM

Thank you for your reply we have been in here like 7 months now and i hate it no lie. Did you ever go visit im going in 2 weeks have no idea which hotels are good and bad for not too much... What building was your husband in? Thank God that ur husband is getting back closer will save a lot of money i pray i dont have to do 4 years out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
Hey. My husband just left Mississippi this week on Monday. Supposed to be back in Cali because he is a level one, but I checked online today and saw that he's back at La Palma. We were there for 9 Months before he went to Mississippi. He was in Mississippi for 3 1/2 almost 4 years. It wasn't bad. New facility and new rules of course, but overall you'll make it through. Let me know if you have any questions about being there. They do family visits there now too. We were scheduled for the 27th of this month and they moved him. Total bummer!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 03:50 AM

I forgot exactly what building because he moved around a few times. He was the head rec porter in the gym though. He made sure all the basketball tournaments ran smoothly. Personally, I would fly into memphis & stay in Southhaven or Batesville. I'm more comfortable staying at a Hilton Brand hotel, Holiday Inn, or Marriott. I never stayed in Clarksdale b/c I can't do motels. Peace of mind is everything. If i wanted to see the city & shop a little bit, I would just stay in Southhaven & drive an hr & a half to and frm visit. If I wanted to just go visit & chill, I would stay in Batesville and drive the hour or so. Sign up for rewards with the hotels now so you can start gaining points. I barely ever paid & my rental cars were super cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalkane54 View Post
Thank you for your reply we have been in here like 7 months now and i hate it no lie. Did you ever go visit im going in 2 weeks have no idea which hotels are good and bad for not too much... What building was your husband in? Thank God that ur husband is getting back closer will save a lot of money i pray i dont have to do 4 years out there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dachosen1 For This Useful Post:
lolafolana22 (10-25-2016), Sykegirl (12-29-2017)
Old 10-14-2016, 09:08 AM

First of all allow me to thank God for sending you and thank you for having the kind heart to reply you are a blessing. This message was very helpful I booked a room at Comfort in and Suites in Clarksdale through the choice rewards app that was one of the best they showed me that wasn't too far from the prison this will be my first time going down there. I am a member of a couple of rewards programs which ones were you apart of? What the average cost of your trip? Yeah my husband still doesn't have a job they have him school its just their ways out there are not humane in my opinion. As far as shopping and such I don't plan to do much of that at least not on my first trip down I will more than likely just use the time to relax. What company did you get your rental cars through? Right now I have one reserved with Enterprise... When was the last time that you visited how were they with the dress code? How strict were they with physical contacts during your visit? Did you get married while he was out there? Sorry if I am asking too many questions but really I just have so many anyway thank you in advance for all your assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
I forgot exactly what building because he moved around a few times. He was the head rec porter in the gym though. He made sure all the basketball tournaments ran smoothly. Personally, I would fly into memphis & stay in Southhaven or Batesville. I'm more comfortable staying at a Hilton Brand hotel, Holiday Inn, or Marriott. I never stayed in Clarksdale b/c I can't do motels. Peace of mind is everything. If i wanted to see the city & shop a little bit, I would just stay in Southhaven & drive an hr & a half to and frm visit. If I wanted to just go visit & chill, I would stay in Batesville and drive the hour or so. Sign up for rewards with the hotels now so you can start gaining points. I barely ever paid & my rental cars were super cheap.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenyxT View Post
Seems like theirs not too many active ppl on here. I can try and answer hour questions based on info from my husband but I haven't been up their plan on it end of year or early next.
I live in jackson and my husband is comming to the prison from ca. If you ladys need help or car pull pr place to stay let me no we can ride together
Old 10-15-2016, 10:05 PM

I am clueless on whats out there i could use help will be coming n two weeks