Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,049 Times in 6,852 Posts
Default Moving Level 3 back, shipping out Level 1 & 2?

I am NOT trying to stir a rumor, but rather asking for clarification, boots on the ground information.

I was told that they are moving Level 3s back in state and shipping out 1s and 2s.

I'm curious if anyone has a loved one that has been a part of this. How big is it? Is this a facility flip? Meaning are the OOS facilities all going 1 and 2? Is this happening on GP and SNY?

If this is an unfounded rumor, then I'm looking to squash it. Part of Prop 57 was the (thin) promise to end the use of contracted facilities in AZ and Miss. so I'm wondering what this is about.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-13-2018), Strength&Loyalty (05-24-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Wow, I thought they were mandated by the 3 judge federal panel to have everyone who is out of state back by a designated time. It seems like that was part of the stipulations if my memory serves me right. The numbers have been going down - I think there are like 42 or 4500 presently out of state.

Wonder how they are gonna stay under the 137.5 radar - having to bring them back and with the early parole approval is at approx 20% - down from 45% since P57 passed. Gonna be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I am NOT trying to stir a rumor, but rather asking for clarification, boots on the ground information.

I was told that they are moving Level 3s back in state and shipping out 1s and 2s.

I'm curious if anyone has a loved one that has been a part of this. How big is it? Is this a facility flip? Meaning are the OOS facilities all going 1 and 2? Is this happening on GP and SNY?

If this is an unfounded rumor, then I'm looking to squash it. Part of Prop 57 was the (thin) promise to end the use of contracted facilities in AZ and Miss. so I'm wondering what this is about.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jilkenma For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-17-2018), Sarianna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,977 Times in 1,742 Posts

I have a friend's husband who was just moved from Mississippi to La Palma, Eloy, AZ and now a CO friend of mine at La Palma has said that they lost their California contract and that California is taking the inmates back. She didn't give a time frame but this is the word on the wire from both sides.
jilkenma (05-17-2018), miamac (05-17-2018), Sarianna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilkenma View Post
The numbers have been going down - I think there are like 42 or 4500 presently out of state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
...a CO friend of mine at La Palma has said that they lost their California contract and that California is taking the inmates back. She didn't give a time frame but this is the word on the wire from both sides.
Well, maybe this is a good sign!! Yes, they did have a stipulation to bring all OOS inmates back in, but I guess I'm of the mind that says if they can wiggle out of it, they will. But if these things are happening then perhaps it's the chain of events we've been hoping for.

I'd love to see folks back in-state so that folks can reconnect with their loved ones. I know if mine were shipped out, even to AZ, it would drastically affect our ability to spend time together.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-17-2018), jilkenma (05-17-2018), Sarianna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM

I just went back to the Jan ‘18 Status Report report they have to submit to the judges and the OOS population was 4269. The May ‘18 Status Report states there are now 3261 OOS. That’s roughly 1000 in 5 months - I think everyone has to be back by 2019. Wonder what they are gonna do - because I read a report from the LAO office(I think) and it doesn’t appear they want to put another dime into CRC and need/want to close it. Said it’s not worth the money to rehab it. What a pickle they’ve backed themselves into.

On another note - when I see Sen Kamala Harris’s name as an advocate for criminal justice reform - it troubles me. I know we all change our minds from time to time - but I think of how hard both she(AG) and Gov. Brown fought against lowering the population in such inhuman conditions here in CA. But it’s still troubling. However, it’s great if she has indeed changed her mind.

Quote:
Well, maybe this is a good sign!! Yes, they did have a stipulation to bring all OOS inmates back in, but I guess I'm of the mind that says if they can wiggle out of it, they will. But if these things are happening then perhaps it's the chain of events we've been hoping for.

I'd love to see folks back in-state so that folks can reconnect with their loved ones. I know if mine were shipped out, even to AZ, it would drastically affect our ability to spend time together.
The Following User Says Thank You to jilkenma For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
On another note - when I see Sen Kamala Harris’s name as an advocate for criminal justice reform - it troubles me. I know we all change our minds from time to time - but I think of how hard both she(AG) and Gov. Brown fought against lowering the population in such inhuman conditions here in CA. But it’s still troubling. However, it’s great if she has indeed changed her mind.
Oh my gosh, thank you!! I thought I had bumped my head when I saw the headlines praising her for all her hard work and championing of reform. I do not understand where this came from and while you're right, a person can change their mind, it sure makes it a lot easier to do when you've already made your nest egg off of it. Brown and Harris are two of a kind. Makes my skin crawl.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
jilkenma (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:57 PM

Someone on a FB page I follow said something about one of the candidates for governor. She basically said he wants to be the President one day and although he’s an advocate today - he perhaps wouldn’t do the “right” thing when it comes to political pressure as Governor. Those are my sentiments about her - it’s a hot topic but if given the pressure to do the”right” thing AGAIN - history would repeat itself.

My thoughts of Brown coupled with P57 in hindsight is he was clear about getting rid of the 3 judge panel oversight - but doesn’t want to harm his party so he put it in the hands of a department who doesn’t have to answer to anyone on the ballot and there you have it...

There was one important word that many of us overlooked w/P57 and was POSSIBLE not guaranteed. I think a lot of voters believe non violence early release made common sense - clearly there’s no such thing.

Quote:
Oh my gosh, thank you!! I thought I had bumped my head when I saw the headlines praising her for all her hard work and championing of reform. I do not understand where this came from and while you're right, a person can change their mind, it sure makes it a lot easier to do when you've already made your nest egg off of it. Brown and Harris are two of a kind. Makes my skin crawl.

Last edited by jilkenma; 05-17-2018 at 02:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to jilkenma For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-17-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 01:22 PM

My Loved one was in Mississippi and just left on monday and he said everyone was getting shipped out of MS. they were down to one building to CA inmates.
He is now in Arizona not sure if this will be temporary or not yet.
He is a level 3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strength&Loyalty For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (06-05-2018), miamac (05-24-2018), Sarianna (05-25-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Someone on a FB page I follow said something about one of the candidates for governor. She basically said he wants to be the President one day and although he’s an advocate today - he perhaps wouldn’t do the “right” thing when it comes to political pressure as Governor. Those are my sentiments about her - it’s a hot topic but if given the pressure to do the”right” thing AGAIN - history would repeat itself.

My thoughts of Brown coupled with P57 in hindsight is he was clear about getting rid of the 3 judge panel oversight - but doesn’t want to harm his party so he put it in the hands of a department who doesn’t have to answer to anyone on the ballot and there you have it...

There was one important word that many of us overlooked w/P57 and was POSSIBLE not guaranteed. I think a lot of voters believe non violence early release made common sense - clearly there’s no such thing.
Was the candidate Gavin Newsom? I was hoping that he would be a reformer. I know the Republicans will try to undo any reform possible. At least Jerry Brown did sign bills.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:00 AM

Yes, that’s who she was talking about. Isn’t that the truth. I was watching the DA races in Alameda, SanD and Contra County. Sadly, none of the progressives won. We say we want change, but do we really? Geez. What will it take for people to get out and vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post
Was the candidate Gavin Newsom? I was hoping that he would be a reformer. I know the Republicans will try to undo any reform possible. At least Jerry Brown did sign bills.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:10 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Yes, that’s who she was talking about. Isn’t that the truth. I was watching the DA races in Alameda, SanD and Contra County. Sadly, none of the progressives won. We say we want change, but do we really? Geez. What will it take for people to get out and vote?
I don't think that most people realize that former DA'S and Prosectors don't make good District Attorneys or judges. I know I didn't until my son's situation. The judge was a former Prosecutor and he hands out very tough sentences. I'm going to start writing about the things we have all run into on the justice system. It's time that the public knows.