Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news and information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Illinois, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 06-07-2020, 05:17 PM

Default Dixon, whats going on?

This is my first post ever, Hope this is correct! Im wondering if anyone can advise me of whats currently happening at Dixon? I have a friend there who I usually hear from daily via gtl however I havent heard anything since the 24th may... Im just hoping everything is fine. His family have also not heard from
Him since. Any info helps, thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,988 Times in 13,766 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Sarah. Dixon prison in Illinois? Be sure to check the Illinois prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1704
Old 06-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah10 View Post
This is my first post ever, Hope this is correct! Im wondering if anyone can advise me of whats currently happening at Dixon? I have a friend there who I usually hear from daily via gtl however I havent heard anything since the 24th may... Im just hoping everything is fine. His family have also not heard from
Him since. Any info helps, thanks guys
They e been running about 7 days behind on approving the gtl messages. They arent auto approved there, its done by staff Monday thru Friday during the day only. They also just came off full lockdown for another covid case, so If hes using the dayroom tablet that may be an issue too.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessesgirl1111 View Post
They e been running about 7 days behind on approving the gtl messages. They arent auto approved there, its done by staff Monday thru Friday during the day only. They also just came off full lockdown for another covid case, so If hes using the dayroom tablet that may be an issue too.
Thanks, he has a tablet so hes using that. Its just been 2 weeks now
And no calls to his family either. Thanks for your help
Old 06-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah10 View Post
Thanks, he has a tablet so hes using that. Its just been 2 weeks now
And no calls to his family either. Thanks for your help
Have you called his counselor? Maybe he went to seg??

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 06-15-2020, 04:01 AM

Not sure you if you got your update but as of the 9th Dixon had a staff member test positive this would’ve put them into a full lock down rather than administrative quarantine. If you go to the ILDOC webpage and click the COVID-19 update number 4 it will give you this information. You can also follow lock down information on that page and it will tell you once they update it what level of lockdown the facility is under. Best of wishes hopefully you got your answer before now but just in case!
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting21 For This Useful Post:
Julia Grant (09-03-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting21 View Post
Not sure you if you got your update but as of the 9th Dixon had a staff member test positive this would’ve put them into a full lock down rather than administrative quarantine. If you go to the ILDOC webpage and click the COVID-19 update number 4 it will give you this information. You can also follow lock down information on that page and it will tell you once they update it what level of lockdown the facility is under. Best of wishes hopefully you got your answer before now but just in case!
Thank you so much, I didn’t know this. I just put it down to slow mail! ����Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2020, 09:31 PM

My friend is currently in Hill Correctional in Illinois and I'm experiencing the same thing. I am confused though because I know he has a tablet and his messages are usually approved through an automated system. Do they not allow them to send tablet messages under lockdown?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:33 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccb2020 View Post
My friend is currently in Hill Correctional in Illinois and I'm experiencing the same thing. I am confused though because I know he has a tablet and his messages are usually approved through an automated system. Do they not allow them to send tablet messages under lockdown?
Yes they do. Unless hes in seg

Old 07-14-2020, 04:07 PM

Dixon email has been TERRIBLE since they locked down during Memorial Day weekend. It’s currently running 10-14 days behind for the guys to receive emails from the outside. For us on the outside, it’s running ~1-7 days behind. I do not know wtf is going on, but snail mail is quicker.