Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÍveuse View Post
Thank you for letting me know! As far as I know his mail is not watched by investigative people. In which case would they do that? He's waiting for his CD's since May??? Wow, I keep my fingers crossed for you that your man will receive everything soon!
He just now got a big bunch of mail (no CDs though!) finally.
As for the mail going through "investigative services" before it gets to him, I think it depends on where the inmate is housed, and also if they have any random reason for "monitoring". Mine's in the protective housing unit on the SHU 4A side, so all of those inmates mail gets checked. It's really stupid. I swear its just a bunch of people walking around with papers wasting our tax money.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon88 View Post
He just now got a big bunch of mail (no CDs though!) finally.
As for the mail going through "investigative services" before it gets to him, I think it depends on where the inmate is housed, and also if they have any random reason for "monitoring". Mine's in the protective housing unit on the SHU 4A side, so all of those inmates mail gets checked. It's really stupid. I swear its just a bunch of people walking around with papers wasting our tax money.
I once tried to send my boyfriend a CD, but they said I'm not allowed to send him such (it was via Amazon). I think you can send those only through an approved prison vendor. It's stupid... All the other prisons before would allow CD's via Amazon. I can send books though. At least something... Where did you order them for him? Maybe you can ask the vendor whether they sent it back to them.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I once tried to send my boyfriend a CD, but they said I'm not allowed to send him such (it was via Amazon). I think you can send those only through an approved prison vendor. It's stupid... All the other prisons before would allow CD's via Amazon. I can send books though. At least something... Where did you order them for him? Maybe you can ask the vendor whether they sent it back to them.
Oh no, I always send CDs through Amazon and they get to him - but you have to make sure that it is "shipped and sold from" Amazon. There are a lot of things on Amazon that are sold and/or shipped from other companies or people - which is not allowed. Maybe that is why he couldn't get your CDs??

Mine's got CDs from Amazon as recently as last month, and I've been sending from there for years. I know they say people in the SHU cant have CDs.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Oh no, I always send CDs through Amazon and they get to him - but you have to make sure that it is "shipped and sold from" Amazon. There are a lot of things on Amazon that are sold and/or shipped from other companies or people - which is not allowed. Maybe that is why he couldn't get your CDs??

Mine's got CDs from Amazon as recently as last month, and I've been sending from there for years. I know they say people in the SHU cant have CDs.
Thanks for letting me know! I sent the CD directly through Amazon, no other vendor involved. Still, they denied it and sent it back two times. They told my boyfriend it wouldn't be allowed to send CDs except it comes directly from a prison vendor. He's not in SHU. It sucks...
Old 07-21-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know! I sent the CD directly through Amazon, no other vendor involved. Still, they denied it and sent it back two times. They told my boyfriend it wouldn't be allowed to send CDs except it comes directly from a prison vendor. He's not in SHU. It sucks...
Hmm.. Might want to have him check with his counselor, or someone else about that.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Hmm.. Might want to have him check with his counselor, or someone else about that.
Maybe it differs due to security levels. Their rules are sometimes somewhat arbitrary...
Old 09-19-2014, 12:40 PM

Hey there! Does anyone of you know how the rules are for sending magazines? I want to make a subscription for my boyfriend and don't know whether they allow it. Does it have to come from a prison vendor or could you order it directly from the magazine's website?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Hey there! Does anyone of you know how the rules are for sending magazines? I want to make a subscription for my boyfriend and don't know whether they allow it. Does it have to come from a prison vendor or could you order it directly from the magazine's website?
Hi, yes you can get a subscription directly from the magazine (as long as it doesnt have any disapproved content in it). the subscription will come in the mail to your guy. i've done several throughout the years, currently he has a couple of subscriptions that come in regularly.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragon88 For This Useful Post:
RÍveuse (09-20-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 04:06 AM

Does anyone of you can tell me what sizes for pictures and postcards are allowed? I apologize if this question was asked before, I just couldn't find anything.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:37 AM

I have one more question... Has one of you ever sent a self-made drawing to your loved one? I used for mine gel pens, but without glitter. Would it be allowed to send them to Corcoran? It was dark paper, so I had to use a gel pen. Otherwise, it wouldn't be visible.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:45 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Default Is the limit of 10 letter pages 10 pages front and back?

Is the limit of 10 letter pages 10 pages front and back, or 10 total pages?? He didn't receive my last letter, and I was going to send it again but that makes a difference.

Thanks!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:55 AM

Default Looking too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
Is the limit of 10 letter pages 10 pages front and back, or 10 total pages?? He didn't receive my last letter, and I was going to send it again but that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Hi. I don't have an answer to your question but here is the mailroom extension if that helps: ext 5054.

I haven't been here in a number of years. Where is everyone? Almost all entries on the corcoran threads are a few years old. Is there a newer version of the site or have members moved to a different site? Or is there something in particular about corcoran that I should know? My nephew was just moved there in that last month or so, so I'm not familiar with the latest on this prison.

Thanks whether you have any answers or not. I hope you find your answers too. Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAunt2 For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAunt2 View Post
Hi. I don't have an answer to your question but here is the mailroom extension if that helps: ext 5054.

I haven't been here in a number of years. Where is everyone? Almost all entries on the corcoran threads are a few years old. Is there a newer version of the site or have members moved to a different site? Or is there something in particular about corcoran that I should know? My nephew was just moved there in that last month or so, so I'm not familiar with the latest on this prison.

Thanks whether you have any answers or not. I hope you find your answers too. Best of luck.
Good Morning
I to have wondered what is up with this prison .. Someone told me in a E-mail that this prison it more of a SHU prison and most questions don't apply to them so they just don't answer. But I Still check it everyday
Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

It is 10 pages. You can do back and front. At least I always have
Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:

Corcoran has a huge SHU population. My guy is on A side of the SHU because for many years he did not play well with others (like lots of others on A side.) B side of the SHU is for individuals who have been determined to belong to a gang.

It really depends on the his points and what level/yard he is in. SHU time is rough, and that is really what I know about at Corcoran. But from all the recent reports, Corcoran sounds a great deal better than Kern Valley State Prison right now and a less risk of Valley Fever.

Visiting in the SHU is behind glass, so no hug or touch allowed. I really am eager for his move just to be able to get a hug!

I think most everyone has moved on... either transferred to another prison or just left their loved one. I see few names that I recognize from the past 5 years, and they are almost all mates of SHU inmates.

Best wishes to you and your nephew, and hope you are able to visit soon!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:36 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1abc1 View Post
It is 10 pages. You can do back and front. At least I always have
Thank you! I have always stopped writing at 10 pages (5 front and back) because I was not sure of the restrictions. Now I know I can send them all together so at least he can read the missing 10 page letter! Sucks that the paper and the stamps vanished too!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:43 PM

Default Belated Thanks, Sammy's Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
Corcoran has a huge SHU population. My guy is on A side of the SHU because for many years he did not play well with others (like lots of others on A side.) B side of the SHU is for individuals who have been determined to belong to a gang.

It really depends on the his points and what level/yard he is in. SHU time is rough, and that is really what I know about at Corcoran. But from all the recent reports, Corcoran sounds a great deal better than Kern Valley State Prison right now and a less risk of Valley Fever.

Visiting in the SHU is behind glass, so no hug or touch allowed. I really am eager for his move just to be able to get a hug!

I think most everyone has moved on... either transferred to another prison or just left their loved one. I see few names that I recognize from the past 5 years, and they are almost all mates of SHU inmates.

Best wishes to you and your nephew, and hope you are able to visit soon!
I haven't been back since I posted this, thank you so much for your reply that night. Am I reading your current tag right? Is your guy out of SHU now?! I hope so, I hope that's how it is now! And I hope things are going well for him and that you have been able to see him and have been able to hug him. I'll be so happy for you! Take good care!!! Thanks again for your reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAunt2 For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 10:57 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
I haven't been back since I posted this, thank you so much for your reply that night. Am I reading your current tag right? Is your guy out of SHU now?! I hope so, I hope that's how it is now! And I hope things are going well for him and that you have been able to see him and have been able to hug him. I'll be so happy for you! Take good care!!! Thanks again for your reply.
Yes, they moved him out of the SHU 2 1/2 years early!!! He had been in there for almost 10 years but has had fantastic clear conduct since we started writing. They moved him to Kern and I had my first contact visit at the end of September!! I was SO excited and it really seemed like being on a 'real' lunch date! To be able to touch him was amazing!

Unfortunately, I became very ill after the visit and walked a couple blocks to the store where I passed out. Ambulance ride, spent the night in the hospital, and missed my appointment time the next morning and had to go in with the walk-in's. Then stayed a couple more days until it seemed that I had the energy to try to drive home again.

Planning to make the trip again within the month, and I am afraid that it will be the last one for the winter.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:18 AM

I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the wrong thread but did not see one for mail.... is anyone from "C" yard having problems receiving mail? Haven't received a letter in over a month and hubby says he wrote several letters.. thank you
Ps dies anyone have the extension for marriage counselor or how to contact them?
Old 04-16-2016, 03:02 AM

My man isn't on C yard, but Corcoran seems to be very slow. It takes forever to get his mail. He just got there a few months ago, but it's the slowest prison so far and awful when it comes to phone calls as well.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:38 AM

Does anyone know if 3A04 is Adseg?
Old 07-31-2017, 11:32 PM

Default Anyone send mail to COR SHU?

I have a friend who was recently transferred to COR & the address on his envelopes doesn't match the facility address online...anyone have someone they write to that I could compare the PO box with?
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM

Default Photos

Does anyone know how many photos we can send to inmates in ASU (ad seg)? I sent 15 and now Iím second-guessing myself.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,805 Times in 14,068 Posts

If I remember correctly 10 is the amount you can send to someone on a *normal* yard. I think that holds true for the shu as well.
(not 100% sure but pretty sure)
And nothing larger than 8x10

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (Yesterday)