Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California Topic and discussion specific to Calipatria State Prison in Calipatria, CA.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Default CAL Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please stay on topic!!! Thank you!!!

Last edited by pj663; 01-29-2016 at 12:20 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 03:08 AM

Default Man doing time in Calipatria State Prison

Hello everyone!I'm new to the site,its great to have a site so handy,well my man just go to Calipat,is anyones loved one doing time there and has been there to visit/family visit? I have a few questions if anyone can help!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by days3
Hello everyone!I'm new to the site,its great to have a site so handy,well my man just go to Calipat,is anyones loved one doing time there and has been there to visit/family visit? I have a few questions if anyone can help!
I've been to both what do you want to know

DougsCandy Sent from my LG-P509 using PrisonTalk
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
His wife/best friend4ever

Hey ladies my husband should b getting transferred here in mid February if any of u can please give me the rundown on how this prison is how do we do appointment tment and is the dress code strict any info is greatly appreciated thank you
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 PM

Hi Ladies!

My husband just got his ticket to Calapatria finally!! He is coming from Pelican Bay and I am so blessed that I won't be making that 14 hour drive anymore. I'm from Oceanside and would love some advice about contact visits. How long are the visits and what time should I get there to check in? If anyone drives from San Diego or the North County area which route do you take?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM

Hello and Welcome

Calipatria will be a whole lot closer to you than P.B. Wow...I couldn't even imagine a 14-hour drive. You should check out the visitation thread for Calipat. Visits are by appointment (you can go without an appointment as well) it just takes a little longer to get in sometimes. Visits are Sat/Sun from 8-245 pm and 4 major holidays. Appointments can be made by email the Friday before the weekend you want to visit or by calling the visiting line on Wednesdays from 8a-noon.

Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLaughs&LilMama View Post
Hi Ladies!

My husband just got his ticket to Calapatria finally!! He is coming from Pelican Bay and I am so blessed that I won't be making that 14 hour drive anymore. I'm from Oceanside and would love some advice about contact visits. How long are the visits and what time should I get there to check in? If anyone drives from San Diego or the North County area which route do you take?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to YOUNGnGIFTED For This Useful Post:
ChulaG (03-02-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Hi i am also new to this web site ..my feyonce just got tranferred from high desert to calipatria a few days ago..i was going to get married right before he was moved if anyone can help with some information i would really apreciate it. Thanks and God bless you all!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM

Hello and Welcome to Calipat

There is a forum for weddings in this section. You should check that out and perhaps some of your questions will be answered. I will share with you what I know because my babe and I just started the process to get married. First, he had to request the wedding packet from arghhh can't remember the lady's name, but your fiance will need to get the paperwork and get it started. Step 1 is that he has to have $44 on his books in order to get 2 documents notarized (we're waiting on that right now)...after that I suppose he'll be sending me something to fill out and send back, but that's all I can tell you right now. I do know that it starts with your fiance, so have him find out who the WEDDING COORDINATOR is and he can get the paperwork from her and then go from there! Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trus N the Lord View Post
Hi i am also new to this web site ..my feyonce just got tranferred from high desert to calipatria a few days ago..i was going to get married right before he was moved if anyone can help with some information i would really apreciate it. Thanks and God bless you all!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YOUNGnGIFTED For This Useful Post:
DougsCandy (01-29-2013), StumbledOnAGem (02-08-2013), Trus N the Lord (02-11-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnGIFTED View Post
Hello and Welcome to Calipat

There is a forum for weddings in this section. You should check that out and perhaps some of your questions will be answered. I will share with you what I know because my babe and I just started the process to get married. First, he had to request the wedding packet from arghhh can't remember the lady's name, but your fiance will need to get the paperwork and get it started. Step 1 is that he has to have $44 on his books in order to get 2 documents notarized (we're waiting on that right now)...after that I suppose he'll be sending me something to fill out and send back, but that's all I can tell you right now. I do know that it starts with your fiance, so have him find out who the WEDDING COORDINATOR is and he can get the paperwork from her and then go from there! Good Luck
Correction its $20 and her name is Claudia Macias
Old 01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

First Young and Gifted thank you for being beautful and gifted and welcoming our new families Again welcome to Calipat for those who have questions on the marriage protocol you can find some helpful information on the thread below:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591224

@LoveLaughs&LilMama: I know that 10 hour drive I was in HDSP and the drive was no joke!!! Young and Gifted info was on point please feel free to browse the calipat forums Again welcome!!!
Trus N the Lord (02-11-2013), YOUNGnGIFTED (02-06-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:14 PM

THANK YOU...I couldn't remember her name for anything. I thought it was $20, because by law (even in prison) they can only charge $10 per signature...hmmmm okay. Dayummm I used to be a Notary I should know that, but my commission expired a while ago, so I didn't know if they raised the amount or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy View Post
Correction its $20 and her name is Claudia Macias

Old 01-29-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnGIFTED View Post
THANK YOU...I couldn't remember her name for anything. I thought it was $20, because by law (even in prison) they can only charge $10 per signature...hmmmm okay. Dayummm I used to be a Notary I should know that, but my commission expired a while ago, so I didn't know if they raised the amount or not.
Maybe you had to send 44 because he owes restitution... Thats what I had to do anyway...
Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Nawww, his restitution was already paid off...now I'm curious. I'm going to ask him the next time he calls
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsCandy View Post
Maybe you had to send 44 because he owes restitution... Thats what I had to do anyway...

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM

New so sorry if i am going about this wrong. Find myself lost on the site. My loved one is in Calipatria, I have not heard from me lately. Has anyone heard anything new happening in there. I am in Texas so its hard to keep up on news there. I think he said he was in C yard. If that helps with anything.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 AM

Hello and Welcome

No worries...it takes a little bit of time to learn how to navigate this site. Glad you were able to find us. M'love is on the same yard and I haven't heard of anything happeneing there...just talked to him today and he didn't say that anything was going on. Hope you hear from your loved one soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrae Lea View Post
New so sorry if i am going about this wrong. Find myself lost on the site. My loved one is in Calipatria, I have not heard from me lately. Has anyone heard anything new happening in there. I am in Texas so its hard to keep up on news there. I think he said he was in C yard. If that helps with anything.

Last edited by YOUNGnGIFTED; 01-31-2013 at 01:10 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to YOUNGnGIFTED For This Useful Post:
Debrae Lea (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Debrae Lea,

Welcome To PTO: If you are not for certain about which yard and or building he's in you can call records and get his full housing information. Call the main number below

Main Number: (760) 348-7000 Options available when dialing the main number:

Option 1: Inmate Visiting Information
Option 2: Inmate Services **

Press option 2 then press Option 5: for inmate records. You can request his full housing information so that you have it correct. Press option 6 to speak to a counselor.

My love one is on C-yard no lockdowns full programing Yard, showers,walk to chow for breakfast and dinner so everything so far is on the norm. Try sending him a postcard. Maybe you will get a quicker response.

Debrae Lea (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM

Thank you all. That is some relief. Yes, C yard, i am told. Just not used to this. Last i heard he was telling me how it rained over there and his bunk was wet. I was in shock. Guess, mail service is slower than i hoped. Lol. Then again maybe he slow to answer, lol, i have to kick him. Jk. Thank yall.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Default In the same boat..

Hello, I'm also in the same situation. I have a loved one doing time at Calpat. He's been there close to a year now and I'm hoping to visit him soon. I really don't know anything about visit info other than what is on the prison website. I also have questions regarding that. Wish I could be more help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by days3 View Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM

Hello,

M'love had the same problem when it rained...the ceiling leaked and they had to do the best they could to catch the water. To prison officials, leaking cells are not an emergeny nor a priority. I think mail is slower for whatever reason...he was getting my letters in 3 days - I'd mail one on Monday and by Wednesday, he had it. Last week I mailed about 4 letters...as of yesterday, he still hasn't received em'...not sure what the hold up is, but hopefully, they get it back on track. Just remember how little control your loved one has over anything that goes on there...I'm sure that he'll write a soon as he can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrae Lea View Post
Thank you all. That is some relief. Yes, C yard, i am told. Just not used to this. Last i heard he was telling me how it rained over there and his bunk was wet. I was in shock. Guess, mail service is slower than i hoped. Lol. Then again maybe he slow to answer, lol, i have to kick him. Jk. Thank yall.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:23 PM

Ladies,

There is a thread on regular and family visits...lots of information, you should check those out. Gives you all the information from visiting days and times, making an appointment, what you can wear, etc. If you don't find that helpful, let me know and I will give you the rundown...I visit often so I should be able to answer your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlelvr View Post
Hello, I'm also in the same situation. I have a loved one doing time at Calpat. He's been there close to a year now and I'm hoping to visit him soon. I really don't know anything about visit info other than what is on the prison website. I also have questions regarding that. Wish I could be more help...

Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Ladies heres the link regarding family visits

Family Visits 2012

Alot of good information there if you still have questions let me know I know and work along with one the IFC at calipat.

Mail has been a issue for sometime if you ever have questions or concerns regarding mail, visiting issues etc you can post your concerns here

I will be meeting with her later on this evening on other business but I will ask about the mail and inquire about the next IFC meeting.

Regular Visiting link is here

you can email your appt. request or you can call Mon-Wed from 8:00am-12:00pm for an appt. If you dont get a appt. you can still go however you will get a number so arrive there before 7:30am. Please get familiar with the calipat forums all the info you are seeking is available. I hope this helps.
YOUNGnGIFTED (02-06-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM

Default Newbie

This is my first time dating a guy incarcerated, so I'm new to all this. My babe has been down at Calipatria since 2006, but we started dating a month ago after we met online. I am still waiting to be cleared to visit him. I know my record is clean, but any ideas on how long it will take. I sent the slip back on 12/23. We talk everyday and im so eager to see him. Thanks for creating this page. I need this because everyone around me is so against me being with a man in prison. I know I have someone to talk to. Thx ladies
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM

Default dress code

Hi I am making my first visit tomorrow to Calipatria! Please help me with dress code!!! What should i avoid wearing? please help
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Default Dress code!!

Hi I am new to this website and I need help with the dress code. I am finally seeing my love at calipatria and we finally get contact visits. Super excited!!! Please tell me what the dress code is there and what i should avoid for me and my son. thank you so much
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Donation Award 

Hello im sure u are there by now however no blue Jeans you can wear black Jeans no form fiting clothes if you wear a skirt it can be 2 inches above the knee no see throughs black is always a safe color the weather is pretty cool however around April or may it will began to get warmer. oh no under wire bras a sports bra genie bra is cool. They have a friends outside trailer u can go to in order to change or get a bra if needed. Ladies if I missed anything please share. Enjoy your visit