Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calipatria State Prison (CAL) - California Topic and discussion specific to Calipatria State Prison in Calipatria, CA.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:15 PM
HisLove

Default Tips on Visiting with 9 month old baby

Hi everyone so I will be having my first contact visit with my husband soon and from my understanding those visits are 6 hours long. I'm extremely excited yet extremely nervous because Idk how my baby is going to take all that time just being there. For ppl that have done it I would really appr
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels5 View Post
Hi everyone so I will be having my first contact visit with my husband soon and from my understanding those visits are 6 hours long. I'm extremely excited yet extremely nervous because Idk how my baby is going to take all that time just being there. For ppl that have done it I would really appr

I visited for the first time with my son when he was 7 months old! It wasnít bad at all. I made sure I took in the max amount of bottles they allowed filled with formula, .. can of formula must be closed or single served packets! No water is allowed, you buy the water once inside the visiting room! I took a blanket, diapers and wipes, .. wipes must be sealed (brand new). As my son grew he was a little more irritable and wanted to be moving around in the visiting room, at least at PVSP they have toys, books and little things to do for the kids! His dad was actually so excited to see him heíd find ways to entertain him when he cried. Iím sure your husband will do the same!! Good luck and enjoy the visit, itíll be fine!
Sarianna (04-21-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 05:46 PM
HisLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDYJO View Post
I visited for the first time with my son when he was 7 months old! It wasnít bad at all. I made sure I took in the max amount of bottles they allowed filled with formula, .. can of formula must be closed or single served packets! No water is allowed, you buy the water once inside the visiting room! I took a blanket, diapers and wipes, .. wipes must be sealed (brand new). As my son grew he was a little more irritable and wanted to be moving around in the visiting room, at least at PVSP they have toys, books and little things to do for the kids! His dad was actually so excited to see him heíd find ways to entertain him when he cried. Iím sure your husband will do the same!! Good luck and enjoy the visit, itíll be fine!
My son just wants to constantly be moving and grabbing thing's . During our reception visits which were only 1 hr long he lasted about 40 min before he got fussy. I'm so worried how he's gonna act not being able to move around for such a long period of time. I bf which is something else I gotta think about. Is my husband allowed to hold him or is it just the hug at the beginning and end? Am I able to take any toys?
Old 04-20-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
My son just wants to constantly be moving and grabbing thing's . During our reception visits which were only 1 hr long he lasted about 40 min before he got fussy. I'm so worried how he's gonna act not being able to move around for such a long period of time. I bf which is something else I gotta think about. Is my husband allowed to hold him or is it just the hug at the beginning and end? Am I able to take any toys?

Itís normal theyíre babies, donít stress over it. A non contact visit is hard for everyone. I remember in county jail our 1 hr visits, .. my bum would hurt from sitting for so long lol heíll be able to move around and all. My sonís father was in a minimum security level yard, .. we were allowed to walk around in the building to calm our son up. We would help him practice walking, I would hold him by one hand and him by the other. They had toys there, .. I believe 2 little toys were allowed but Iím not sure what kind, I never took any as they had enough for my son to play with. His dad was able to hold him, feed him, and put him to sleep. He actually fell asleep in his arms and he held him the whole time. I got a break, thank God lol .. the only thing is he canít change his diaper as you need to go to the RR to change him
Mels5 (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 07:08 PM
HisLove

Quote:
Itís normal theyíre babies, donít stress over it. A non contact visit is hard for everyone. I remember in county jail our 1 hr visits, .. my bum would hurt from sitting for so long lol heíll be able to move around and all. My sonís father was in a minimum security level yard, .. we were allowed to walk around in the building to calm our son up. We would help him practice walking, I would hold him by one hand and him by the other. They had toys there, .. I believe 2 little toys were allowed but Iím not sure what kind, I never took any as they had enough for my son to play with. His dad was able to hold him, feed him, and put him to sleep. He actually fell asleep in his arms and he held him the whole time. I got a break, thank God lol .. the only thing is he canít change his diaper as you need to go to the RR to change him
My husband's in a level 4 so we won't be able to be moving around but ur right their babies hopefully everyone understands. Thank you
Old 04-20-2018, 07:10 PM

What level 4 prison is he at? Maybe you could check on their forum!! Some forums are more active than others but if you look back you might be able to find info!!

There will be others with kids, Iím sure. We all know kids are kids, .. I discipline mine and thank God he acts decently but even when we go out heís still pretty ahh well kiddish!! Heís 2
Old 04-20-2018, 07:13 PM
HisLove

Quote:
What level 4 prison is he at? Maybe you could check on their forum!! Some forums are more active than others but if you look back you might be able to find info!!

There will be others with kids, Iím sure. We all know kids are kids, .. I discipline mine and thank God he acts decently but even when we go out heís still pretty ahh well kiddish!! Heís 2
Calipatria the forum is not active sadly there hasn't been a post since like last year. My son doesn't even understand no yet lol
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Calipatria the forum is not active sadly there hasn't been a post since like last year. My son doesn't even understand no yet lol

ohh shucks!! Thatís a bummer. Iíll ck with some of the ladies to see if they know or remember anything. If so, .. Iíll try to send the info your way!

Girl, .. my son is 2 and he still doesnít understand the word No, .. he interprets ďgo aheadĒ when I say no mhm.
Mels5 (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 07:20 PM
HisLove

Quote:
ohh shucks!! Thatís a bummer. Iíll ck with some of the ladies to see if they know or remember anything. If so, .. Iíll try to send the info your way!

Girl, .. my son is 2 and he still doesnít understand the word No, .. he interprets ďgo aheadĒ when I say no mhm.
Yes please that would be really helpful Thanks! Hahaha yeah that's probably what my son thinks also.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:42 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,328 Times in 14,296 Posts

From reading the link in this thread
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538697

On pg 7-8 it talks about what you can bring for visits for baby.
It says 2 small *searchable* toys.....I can only assume this means no stuffed animals type toys.
Read the whole thing for the food you can bring for baby, diapers etc.

When I used to visit my hub at cci, I would see the kids playing with toys that are inside the prison. They had books, toys, puzzles, games etc. Not sure if these are going to be helpful for a super little guy but hope they have something.
Enjoy your visit!

That's my dog's nose art