Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,364 Posts
Default Smart Communications: Is This What Prison Mail Looks Like Now?

Is This What Prison Mail Looks Like Now?

"When I think of the importance that contact with the outside world has for incarcerated people, I think of my uncle, who has been in and out of prisons in Arizona for most of my life. More specifically, I think of a letter he sent me a few days before I graduated from high school. “Thank you for the letter you wrote me. … It lifted my ‘spirit!’ ” he wrote in his characteristic block letters. “I’m sorry I won’t be able to come to your graduation but will be thinking of you & the family on your ‘Special Day’!”

https://slate.com/technology/2018/12...1wcQJZn4SwdN58
patchouli (12-06-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 04:35 PM

The prisons talk a good game when it comes to helping inmates stay connected to improve reentry, but in actuality rarely consider the impact of their always reactive policy changes. It is inevitable that technology will change prison communication, and the implementation of email was a huge improvement when I was incarcerated. Getting personal notes, cards and photos from my wife and kids was at least an equally important lifeline. Certainly a big part of the blame lies with a small percentage of inmates that abuse whatever small benefits are available whether it be mail or visiting privileges. And the prison systems are also to blame for implementing reactive policies. It’s a sad situation.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:32 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,671 Times in 14,444 Posts

I dont see how this saves money.
And even after implementation of this new way to get mail, there were still 8 people *sickened* by something in the mail.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
choclgs (12-07-2018)