Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEBRASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEBRASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Nebraska - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM

Default Do inmates have any say in their parole plan or where they go

My boyfriend has yet to be classified but pretty sure getting min. (thats what county classified him as) I know not exactlly the same but hopfully close. So he got reccommended for short term residental treatment which is rare. So he learned that the work ethic camp has a welding program he really wants to do. If that is a possiblty for him will they take into a count his wants.
angie
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Loving my inmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by athomewaiting View Post
My boyfriend has yet to be classified but pretty sure getting min. (thats what county classified him as) I know not exactlly the same but hopfully close. So he got reccommended for short term residental treatment which is rare. So he learned that the work ethic camp has a welding program he really wants to do. If that is a possiblty for him will they take into a count his wants.
angie
Yes, they will take into account what he wants to do as long as they also have the prgrams there. Because of me and jeff's family living in C.B. he asked if they would please have him go to OCC that way we wouldn't have a drive too far away from home and they said it was fine with them.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:47 PM

wow thanks that helps alot yea work ethic camp has the short term res treatment also
Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 PM

wow great news jon just called he got classified today he got 27 points only 2 away from community which he cant do yet anyway the case manager and drug rehab lady are reccommending work ethic camp im so excited i know the warden has to sign off but i heard they usually take what the reccommenations are so he said if he gets it he does the program like 6 months than right to work detail than work release im so excited
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Loving my inmate

yay!! that's awesome!! They usually do take the recomendations there.. thats so good!! At least he's happy about it too.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM

That is great news!! I wasnt sure about the residential programs/mccook- but it sounds like for only 6 months, the outcome will be worth it. And yes, the warden usually signs off on the recommendations, so YAY!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 PM

im so happy i know we have to see if there is a bed at work ethics camp but with the early release Jon said that it will free up spots in the programs like work ethics camp and short term residental I trying not to get to excited but think its at least a huge step they said his back up place will be occ
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 AM

Curious how much time did he serve before he was released to the program? My dad only has served 2 months of his 1-4 yr sentence with parole eligibilty in 4 months but he also has great scores so diagnostic center said he can apply for work release he could start soon if granted