Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEBRASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

NEBRASKA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Nebraska - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, Visitation & Phones, mail and more

Old 01-15-2016, 04:52 PM

Default Its taking weeks for sent money to be put on his books. Who can I contact?

Hey all, I really don't know where I should post this, but to me & my man this is very important & I need help!! Ok, so first I will explain that my man is in the nebraska prison system, but hes still being held in a county jail because the prisons are too full there. When we send him money it has to be sent to the prison and they being it out to him every tuesday - well they are supposed to & most times this takes WEEKS, he starves, goes without phone cards, toiletries, etc, its BS already. Anyways, his mom sent him $80 for Xmas and he STILL hasn't got it and nobody seems to know where this money order is! It has to be sent to D&E there to get to him. Does anyone know where exactly the money goes there, who handles it, who we can call, anything?? As we all know $80 is a LOT to a prisoner, and its a lot to his mom that really doesn't have it but lives her son!! This whole situation is just all bad! I don't want him in the prison but in ways I think he would be better off.. I just can't wait till this is over with. - <3 missing you so much right now Nino..I love you baby....

Thank you everyone for your continued support here on this site.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2016, 08:28 PM

Wow, my son also in Nebraska has done the county jail thing also (which sucks) food and everything. My son didn't have any problem getting any of the money orders we sent. Just call the D&E and ask them why he hasn't got it yet. I hope you have record of the money order. It was addressed correctly with his name and number on it and your name along with the same on the envelope you sent it in. Overcrowded is an understatement. Best of luck to you hope he's not in Hall county jail.
The Following User Says Thank You to amandpm For This Useful Post:
ninos.girl (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 10:28 PM

He finally for the money over a month later. He was just in hall county for 2 days he hated it then they moved him to OCC, I have no idea what's going on hes been unable to call. I've emailed him several times today but I'm guessing he wont get them till the morning! The nebraska jail/prison system is horrible! He hadnt been outside in 8 months until they just moved him! The sad part is that state issued him gun permit then put him in prison. He had a felony in cali that was supposed to be expunged that apparently wasnt, but nebraska did NOT pick up on it, and not only once but 3 times they issued him a gun permit. These guns were NOT used in a crime. An officer seen a picture of him online with them (going to shooting range) and decided to investigate him?? When they see people I wonder what makes then say hmm I think he might be a felon!! Its SAD! He got 7-11 years 3 of which are mandatory! This whole situation is all wrong. Thank you so much for your response. He's still got a while to go so any info is good info. Might need it in the future!
Old 02-20-2016, 10:52 AM

My son is in LCC and he got 8-12 for dui and leaving the scene. Never been in trouble before and has held a job since he was 16. He was in Phelps county for several months also with no outside. Outside should be mandatory in county jails if they take state inmates. He also was in Hall county for 2 days as a layover before moving him to LCC. Not sure about the calls did you go on to offenderconnect.com and add money so he could call you? Also, it costs much less for those phone calls than in county jails.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandpm View Post
My son is in LCC and he got 8-12 for dui and leaving the scene. Never been in trouble before and has held a job since he was 16. He was in Phelps county for several months also with no outside. Outside should be mandatory in county jails if they take state inmates. He also was in Hall county for 2 days as a layover before moving him to LCC. Not sure about the calls did you go on to offenderconnect.com and add money so he could call you? Also, it costs much less for those phone calls than in county jails.

That is really sad. Nebraska needs reform BAD! My fiance was moved on the 16th as I stated above, I have not heard from him since he left Hall county aside from one email he seemed very confused in like he didn't get all the emails I sent just one and that was yesterday morning I haven't heard from him since. I'm not sure if because he was in phelps county so long they have to renew his call list? I am going crazy over here because there is something going on out here and I have no way to speak to him. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through! I know when he sent to D&E it took maybe 2 days for them to set up his call list, but I remember it said it could take up to 2 weeks. But I assumed it would follow him from prison to prison but bcuz he kinda left the prison system for 8 months maybe not? I'm sure going to call them tomorrow! I'm very sorry to hear about your son. It seems they need to really figure out their system there then they wonder why they are having to pay inmates to be in prison!! It don't even make sense! I thought the hall county for 2 days was odd in glad to hear he wasn't the only one & that's just how they do it! I'm so worried I keep checking my email my phone everything but nothing I havnt been this long not having contact with him since we met and its killing me! I can't even imagine how you feel with your son being in there! Hopefully hes appealing? We are still waiting for my guys appeal its been almost a year now. Hopefully it all works out! Would like to see our loved ones come home asap!

Old 02-21-2016, 07:52 PM

The phone list follows them. Not sure what is going on my son called from Phelps when he was leaving then called from Hall and then the same day he arrived at LCC he called. Hope your guy isn't in the "hole". Best of luck to you.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:34 PM

Hmm.. But he emailed me so idk how he would be in the hole but last I knew nobody had heard from him. I always thought it followed them. I'm going to call there tomorrow to see if they can at least let me know that much. Thank you!!

Old 02-21-2016, 09:39 PM

Wait LCC isn't a prison though right just a county jail? They don't have to have numbers approved in county. In prison the numbers have to be approved and you can only have up to 20.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:14 PM

Lincoln Correctional Center is part of the Nebraska Prison System.Community These are all part of Nebraska's prison system.
Corrections Center - Lincoln
Community Corrections Center - Omaha
Diagnostic & Evaluation Center
Lincoln Correctional Center
Nebraska Correctional Center for Women
Nebraska Correctional Youth Facility
Nebraska State Penitentiary
Omaha Correctional Center
Tecumseh State Correctional Institution
Work Ethic Camp Mccook