Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Member Introductions & Bull in Session Lounge Introductions forum for California members and a place to discuss non-prison related topics with other people in the State.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:07 PM

Default Cindi from CA, Wasco questions.

Hello everyone... I'm Cindi. My fiance is in Waso state prison. Does anyone have a man there too? Because lately my letters from him seem a little different it feels like he is back on drugs again. Can they really get a hold of that in there?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2017, 04:18 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,594 Times in 10,036 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Cindi. Be sure to check the Wasco prison forum too.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=607
Old 07-22-2017, 06:32 AM

I was wondering the same thing about my bf in wasco. He's been there a month and I have only received one short letter. His tone was different and his handwriting barely legiable.. was really rushed.. don't know?
Old 07-22-2017, 06:36 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,891 Times in 2,680 Posts

Hi there , I can understand you are worried , are you able to go and visit or talk on the phone?
Drugs are sadly available in most prisons. It doesnt mean that he is on them though , he could be stressed or depressed.
I hope you can speak to him soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-22-2017, 06:40 AM

No, he's in reception so no phones calls and he never sent me a visiting form either. Although I don't think I will get approved to visit. This was a DV case and I'm the victim. Just feels like he disappeared or something. Having a hard time getting through it anyway .. and now worrying about what's going on with him .. too hard some days.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attie View Post
No, he's in reception so no phones calls and he never sent me a visiting form either. Although I don't think I will get approved to visit. This was a DV case and I'm the victim. Just feels like he disappeared or something. Having a hard time getting through it anyway .. and now worrying about what's going on with him .. too hard some days.
If you are the victim in his case then you are unlikely to be approved for visits.
There are things you can do such as attend classes and programs and classes but those things take time. In the interim period write to him and tell him you are worried and you would like him to let you know how he is.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-22-2017, 07:00 AM

I have. I guess I'm just so worried about the drugs. I know him so well and it's what my gut says is going on. He's already on an 8 year sentence, and if he gets in debt or picks up more charges.. he's never going to get out. The thought of it just almost paralyzes me. I have no idea how easy they are to get and certaintly don't know how he could pay for it. I'm just scare I guess.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attie View Post
I have. I guess I'm just so worried about the drugs. I know him so well and it's what my gut says is going on. He's already on an 8 year sentence, and if he gets in debt or picks up more charges.. he's never going to get out. The thought of it just almost paralyzes me. I have no idea how easy they are to get and certaintly don't know how he could pay for it. I'm just scare I guess.
I totally understand your concern and you must be very worried. All you can do is make sure you get support and look after yourself.You can not influence your husbands choices he is a grown man and it will be his choice to take drugs or get into debt. He will need to be responsible for the issues that doing those things can create.
I am very for your situation.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:37 AM

I do know those things in my mind .. it's just hard for my emotions to accept it ... if it makes any sense. Very confusing time for me and I'm by myself. None of my friends would even come close to understanding how I feel about it. The whole thing wasn't even reported by me and I did not cooperate with the prosecution and did not testify. I hired a lawyer as a victim to protect myself from a process I didn't chose. So the entire thing to me, I can't get past how horrible the process was to even think about anything else or what I need right now.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:07 AM

Wasco has mainline and reception. In mainline, same as all California prisons, yes drugs are available and they will get them if they want to.

Reception is tough. They are in their cells almost all the time. They get out for a couple hours every day or two. I don't want to say they can't access drugs. I suppose anything is possible, but it will be hard to do.

Don't read too much into appearance of his writing. If he has a pen, it is not even a real pen. It's basically the skinny little soft flexible cartridge inside a BIC pen or similar. Try taking one out and writing with it, your writing will look pretty bad too. They do have access to stubby pencils, maybe he is writing with that.

Point being, writing is difficult for him while in reception and it's not likely due to drugs. Once in mainline he needs to steer clear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
His_Queen13 (07-22-2017), maytayah (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 09:18 AM

Thank you .. very possible I'm just worried because of how he was 10 months ago when he got arrested. Obviously I have not been allowed to visit. They put a three year no contact on him, not on me. I also could not go to court dates and risk being subpoenaed for court. Yes, they tried to charge him for that too. But that was my decision, not his or anything he even suggested that I do. He has accepted full responsibility for his actions. I am the one that hasn't accepted that. We have been together seven years.. I knew him before this horrible mess with drugs took him over. He has nobody left but me. It is so hard for me to accept that he is there and has no support and worry so much he will just give up. I suppose I can only hope and pray that he is strong enough to do the best he can for hismself. At this point, it's not about him getting out and being with me. I would be so great if he just got out and gave himself a good future. Does not have to be with me. I would love it to be, but I can also just be his friend. He does expect that I won't put my life on hold for him. Nobody can predict the future. I do know I love him very much and no matter what I want the best for him and scares me to death thinking about all the things that could happen inbetween.
The Following User Says Thank You to attie For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 10:40 AM

What does it mean when it says an inmate isn't eligible for packages at this time? Are they not allowed them in reception at Wasco? He's been there a month. I guess I'm used to county where you could send a package of something every week. I put enough on his books for the first month, but wanted to send him things in a package this time. He said he could only order once a month and I don't know when that is. In county O could always see much money he had left, but I can't do that now..
Old 07-22-2017, 01:15 PM

I dont know what to think because he would write me alot more like every 2-3 days i would be getting a letter, so when there is a big time gap (try 10 days later) I cant help+ but wonder whats going on. Then I keep rereading this recent letter & takes me right back to the way he use to be & that was the reason we had stopped talking before. Plus he asked me 2 send him a gretting card w/ "CANDY" on it. We all know what that means so ya I think he is back on it. Sucks because I really do love this guy but some people never change!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:37 PM

First of all, if I'm reading correctly, if you were his victim in the DV case, Im quite surprised that they're still allowing your guys mail to be sent out to one another. Anyway, check out the Wasco forum it'll answer many of your questions. But no packages are not allowed to an inmate in reception. They are allowed once he has been classified at the facility he is endorsed to. Also, mail at Wasco (as you'll see on the mail forum) is very very slow and frustrating to deal with while in reception. Sometimes we'd receive each other's mail quick other times it lagged so bad to where My husband actually thought For a moment that I was not even writing to him. It took him a little over 2 weeks to get my first letter and sometimes I'd get letters from him 3-4 weeks after he sent it! Try postcards they get there quicker. If you are his victim you may begin to have problems with the mail if they find out he is not even supposed to be talking to you.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:43 PM

theres definitely access to drugs and alcohol in any prison really. If you think he's using I'd be very careful. If he's in prison and.STILL not making any decided effort to change and on the contrary doing things that would jeopardize his freedom I'd be concerned as they do random drug testing in there. Of course, it's hard to be for sure if he's actually using thru a letter. Just something to think about hon. Good luck and try and be patient and keep yourself busy. Receptions the worst process cuz it's full of the unknown but it's nice to have this website for support