Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Question Will I be denied visit as I'm his co-defendant?

My fiancé is currently in jackson and will soon be moved to a permanent camp I have no prior felones. But I am his co defendant will I be denied
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 AM

Default Visitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.winter2017 View Post
My fiancé is currently in jackson and will soon be moved to a permanent camp I have no prior felones. But I am his co defendant will I be denied
By completing a "Significant Other Form" means an inmate has requested that you be approved for visitation privileges with him/her at an institution.

Significant Other is a member of an inmate's extended family, a friend, or some other person having a meaningful relationship with the inmate.

The Significant Other must complete and submit the "Significant Other Application for Visitation Privilege". The Superintendent/designee will review and approve/disapprove the applications.

The term Significant Other does NOT imply automatic approval for visitation from romantic involvement.
Inmates are allowed to update their visitation list during the months of May and November. As long as all needed information is in by the end of those two months, If approved the visitor will be added to the list, and if denied the inmate will be notified so that he can inform his/ family member.

That decision will be made by the Warden at the inmate's current facility. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Ombudsman Unit at 478-992-5358, or Ombudsman@gdc.ga.gov.
Thanks,
Old 03-08-2017, 08:03 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,269 Times in 14,035 Posts

Most likely you will be denied After being denied, you can write a letter to the Warden requesting a reconsideration of the denial, but don't hold your breath for approval, especially if you're still going through court and/or on probation....co'd's are rarely approved.

Welcome to PTO!