Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:46 PM

Default Burruss CTC in Forsyth GA, when can they make phone calls?

Can anyone please tell me when they will make phone calls available. My grandson went a week ago today. I know it is different at this facility for adolescents and teens. Thank for info. I am new to this. He is 17 doing 3 years for entering autos.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2017, 04:06 PM

Thanked 1,361 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyf1351 View Post
Can anyone please tell me when they will make phone calls available. My grandson went a week ago today. I know it is different at this facility for adolescents and teens. Thank for info. I am new to this. He is 17 doing 3 years for entering autos.
I would call the facility & ask. When my son was at a PDC, I called to ask questions & they were very kind about telling me. Try calling them at 478-994-7510. Do you have a phone account set up? When you call the facility be sure to ask if the phone service is provided by Securus. If you aren't local then you'll need to set up an account to get calls.
Here is a link to information about the facility itself. http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/default/files/Burruss%20CTC%20.pdf

I know how confusing & all it can be. This site is a good place to get advice & support. There will be a GA DOC Family Day in a few months. That's where loved ones can go to ask questions of the DOC & there are usually advocates there as well. The next one will be August 11, 2017 at
Wiregrass Technical College
4089 Val Tech Rd
Valdosta, GA 31602
There is also a good GA advocacy group that you might check out. They go to different locations to check them out & are involved in reform to make things better for those inside & when they return. If you're interested, their website is https://joinnia.com/ .
They also have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/joinNIA/

If you have any questions please post them & we'll try to help. You're not alone!
Old 06-25-2017, 02:12 PM

Default Thank you!

Thank you. I did call 2 or three times but still not able to make calls. I will call again tomorrow. He is very frustrated (in his letters). I know he is in prison but a call home would be very beneficial for his morale at this point!