Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 PM

Default Fiancé at Jackson Diagnostics for 7 days: No letter or call yet?

My fiancé has been at Jackson diagnostics for 7 days now and I have not received a letter or call I'm worried I done bit all my nails off waiting..how long will he be there if anyone can help me
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2017, 09:40 PM

Thanked 1,392 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechie914 View Post
My fiancé has been at Jackson diagnostics for 7 days now and I have not received a letter or call I'm worried I done bit all my nails off waiting..how long will he be there if anyone can help me
They go there to be evaluated & then sent to their permanent location. Evaluation usually takes about 2 weeks or so & you may not hear anything until that is finished. My son said he was locked up alone for about 23 hours a day during that time. Once that's finished he was able to call me so you will probably get a call after your fiance is finished his turn. My son was there almost 2 months before he was moved. It depends on bed space where he's going. You can go ahead & write him if you want. That way he knows how you're doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
K6770 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 02:24 PM

Thanks for the reply I'm soo happy I just received a letter from him he said they didn't transfer his money that was already on his books with him..so he went thru hell and high water just to get a piece of appear to write me..he said he is doing good staying to himself..he is on 23hr lock down..and only eats twice a day fri-sun so he really needs his money and they want let me add money to his books..I'm heart broken for him it's like I feel his pain but maybe his pain is a little deeper cause he is the one going through this..o hate I can't do anything for him...is there anything I can do?
Old 11-25-2017, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,392 Times in 566 Posts

It does take a while for his money to transfer. He can ask his counselor for indigent funds which will let him get a couple of stamps & paper, etc. They take the cost out of his funds when they do credit.

I called the DOC info line & talked to nice people there when my son was at Jackson. They told me how to get a money order & mail it so it gets credited faster. What happens for a transfer of funds is that the old facility cuts a check & then sends it to DOC who posts it to his account.In this day of technology that sounds really backward but welcome to incarceration. You can call 404-656-4661 & ask how to get money deposited faster & they'll give you the details.

So glad you got a letter. It does help to hear something. You can always join an advocacy group to help get answers & keep informed. There are 2 good ones in GA. The National Incarceration Association https://joinnia.com/ & the Reentry Coalition of Carrollton GA https://sites.google.com/site/reentrycoalitioninc/home
are working hard to help those affected by incarceration.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
K6770 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 07:22 PM

THanks soo much for your reply it really helped and I feel a whole lot better