Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:54 PM

Default Georgia Diagnostic & Classification: How long is the process?

Does anybody know how long the diagnostics process takes? I know it used to be 6 to 8 weeks but I'm hearing it's down to a 10 day process now...anyone have any recent info?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2016, 04:56 AM

Default Diagnostics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait86 View Post
Does anybody know how long the diagnostics process takes? I know it used to be 6 to 8 weeks but I'm hearing it's down to a 10 day process now...anyone have any recent info?

The diagnostic process of an inmate is usually complete within 60 days. If you have any additional questions please contact the facility at 770-504-2000 or Ombudsman at 478-992-5358 / Ombudsman@gdc.ga.gov
Thanks,
Old 06-23-2016, 09:33 AM

My fiance got there on 04/26 he got sent to Hancock state prison 5/24... Once he got there I didn't talk to him for two weeks and then I got a call, they phone company is GTL
Old 06-23-2016, 09:54 PM

Thanked 1,492 Times in 599 Posts

My son got there 4-21 & was there almost 60 days. It takes a couple of weeks for the evaluation & then they stay until there's space where they decide to send them. I didn't get to talk to him for almost a month. He got to write first.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:43 PM

My husband finished all his testing and stuff in the first two weeks got his results on the 8th.....but I haven't heard anything yet.....matter of fact I wanted to ask if anyone knew when we might expect a move?
The Following User Says Thank You to JsGal2015 For This Useful Post:
K6770 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 09:26 PM

Thanked 1,492 Times in 599 Posts

My son was there almost 2 months. He finished his testing in 2 weeks as well. I have heard that Offender Administration (the office that assigns them) is short staffed so that might be part of the holdup. Plus they have to wait for bed space where they plan to send him. It's frustrating to wait. They can't have visitors til they've been there 60 days & most are moved by then. Letters & calls aren't a priority there. We did finally get a couple before he moved.

If you have questions you can call the DOC or Jackson & ask about the process. It might help to let you know when you can expect letters or calls. It does get better after the move to his permanent location.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
My son was there almost 2 months. He finished his testing in 2 weeks as well. I have heard that Offender Administration (the office that assigns them) is short staffed so that might be part of the holdup. Plus they have to wait for bed space where they plan to send him. It's frustrating to wait. They can't have visitors til they've been there 60 days & most are moved by then. Letters & calls aren't a priority there. We did finally get a couple before he moved.

If you have questions you can call the DOC or Jackson & ask about the process. It might help to let you know when you can expect letters or calls. It does get better after the move to his permanent location.
There is NO WAY THIS GETS BETTER till he is home lol! You just don't realize how much you miss them really miss them till the calls and visits are gone!!!!! This is better than any marriage counselor could do! I just looked he hasn't even been there 15 days yet and it feels like forever!!!!! I for one will need all the support I can get!!!!