Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 AM

Question How can I put money on his books? When? Also need phone account information

First time in a prision concept, (Jackson) how long will it be before I will be able to contact my son, and how can I put money on his book and when, also how to apply to: phone account in order to call us when he can
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2017, 08:13 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,038 Times in 14,744 Posts

He should be able to receive and send mail immediately, so get a card or letter in the mail

You can send money via jpay, MoneyGram, money order (to jpay)...see Georgia's DOC for more info:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/InmateIn...ments/Payments

Here a link for info on visitation, packages and phones:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/InmateIn...milies-Friends

Welcome to PTO

Old 03-02-2017, 09:10 AM

Smile nevergivinup

Thanks for your help, hope you have a blessed day,
The Following User Says Thank You to nevergivinup For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 09:20 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,038 Times in 14,744 Posts

I hope that info helps I'm not familiar with Georgia, but often, while in reception, it takes a while before they can call (for a number of reasons). He'll also have to create and submit a phone list before calling.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanked 1,469 Times in 589 Posts

When my son was in Jackson for classification it took a bit to hear from him & for money to get on his account so I sent a money order to the DOC & it gets there rather quickly. Do you have it set up through Jpay to put money on his account? Also, do you have an account set up with Securus for phone calls? They recently change to that service. You can call the GA DOC for info. The ladies I have spoken to there have been great. They were the ones who told me to mail the money for his account until he was set up on his end. Their # is 404-656-4661. Make sure you are on his "approved" list. They can also tell you how to write him if you don't already have that info.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergivinup View Post
First time in a prision concept, (Jackson) how long will it be before I will be able to contact my son, and how can I put money on his book and when, also how to apply to: phone account in order to call us when he can
He will not be able to have visits while in diagnostics unless he stays there for more than 60 days. You will have to be approved on his visitation and financial list before you can visit or send money. And your phone number will have to be on an approved phone list before he can call. This will take some time. If this is your first time dealing with this, it will help develop patience.
The Following User Says Thank You to tsweatman8 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-03-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 06:35 AM

Default Visitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergivinup View Post
You can write the inmate at:
Georgia Diagnostic And Classification State Prison
P.O. Box 3877
2978 Hwy 36, West
Jackson, GA 30233

By completing a "Significant Other Form" means an inmate has requested that you be approved for visitation privileges with him/her at an institution.

Significant Other is a member of an inmate's extended family, a friend, or some other person having a meaningful relationship with the inmate.

The Significant Other must complete and submit the "Significant Other Application for Visitation Privilege". The Superintendent/designee will review and approve/disapprove the applications.

The term Significant Other does NOT imply automatic approval for visitation from romantic involvement.

Please contact Securus Technologies: 1-800-844-6591 or www.securustech.net to set up phone service. The caller will have to be on the inmate's approved visitation list.

Contact Jpay: 1-800-574-5729 to put money on an inmate's account. The caller will have to be on the inmate's approved financial list.

If you have any other questions please contact the facility at 770) 504-2000, or Ombudsman at 478-992-5358- Ombudsman@gdc.ga.gov.
Thanks,