Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 AM

Default Info on what Parole is like in Kingman Az

My son may be paroling to our house and he would be under the Kingman Az parole office. When we went to fill out paperwork I got a very bad impression of the people who worked there. They stated that no one makes it for more than 6 mo before returning to Calif. which is where he is interstate compact transfering from. Told us it will cost hundreds of dollars a week for his classes and he wont be allowed a drivers license even though the parole office is an hour from our home. We will have to drive him back and forth.Very discouraging. Anyone ever had any experince with this office good or bad? Trying to decide if this will work or if he should go to Calif with no support homeless. Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2017, 12:53 AM

If you don't mind me asking what classes does he have to take bc a few hundred a week doesn't seem possible bc most people coming out of prison could not afford that and then they would all violate and go back in so that seems awfully high...
Old 07-21-2017, 04:06 AM

Thats what I thought They said he would have to take some kind of a class several times a week for sexual deviance or something. Now be has no convictions for anything sexual but when he was first arrested they had down attempted rape which was dropped be cause all he had done was pull the ladys hair but since it was on the origional arrest record they make it seem like he has to take sexual assult classes and wear a monitor. They say those classes are sevveral hundred dollars a week. Sounds crazy even if he nneded them. Also substance abuse. And anger management classes. I think they may be bluffing or exagerating because they dont want to be bothered and are trying to discourage us but I just dont know. I think they want him to stay in CA
Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 AM

I know they do vary some are cheaper some more expensive some can be like 50 per class by that I mean each time he goes not the total for all classes so maybe that's what they mean by adding that up maybe I would try asking them who some of the providers (the agencies in your area that do the classes that they have approved to do then) then call them yourself and find out how much the classes cost bc I know providers all vary. That's scary bc my guy has to do some classes too diff ones but hearing that cost is scary - good luck!!
Old 07-21-2017, 02:25 PM

Thanks. Good d advice I will research that further Not sure if they are just trying to discourage us or what but they were very evasivie and would not give real answers just trying to intimidate. But whats new. That is the system. Hope all goes well for you and yours