Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Minnesota should be posted here.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM

Default Question about Civil Committment

I have a friend who is in prison for a violation. He was charged/convicted about four years ago with a 5th Degree CSC. He was 19 and made out with a 15 year old. It was a misdemeanor conviction. Anyway, he is currently in on a violation for having a video in his possesion that was sexually explicit. It was a Rated R HBO series. He was on parole for a conviction of an assault. So, anyway, he has a misdemeanor CSC and now they gave him the paperwork for an interview for civil committment. I am not sure why he was given this paperwork? Anyway, I am looking for a good attorney to help him. Does anyone know one in the Twin Cities area? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,291 Times in 13,642 Posts

I'm not familiar with MN's civil commintment laws, but I'm so very sorry to hear that your friend is having to go through this and I hope that he is not civilly committed Surely he'll be appointed a PD! Good luck sweetie....and welcome to PTO

There is a forum for Loving a Sex Offender HERE. When you enter the forum, be sure to scrill way down past that big white space to see all the threads (system glitch).

Also, if you need more info on Civil Commitment, just put those keywords in th "search" box on the left near the top of the page.