Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:52 PM

My sister at perryville finally got one.
I guess it’s nice but I prefer the hand written letters.. She likes to decorate the pages and write our names all cool..
20 stamps is only $5 so that’s pretty nice.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2020, 11:30 AM

Going through this thread, it seems all prisons should have had them by March. When I spoke to someone at Alhambra, they said most of the male prisons (Alhambra included) have not gotten tablets yet and they're hoping in the next few months but there's no real promise. It may be the only way my husband and I can communicate once he is sentenced and transferred next month since we are figuring (based on reading this site) we may have a hard time getting phone and visits approved. This is my first time dealing with this and he'll be in for years. So I'm not sure what I'll do if we have no way of communication at all.

Does anyone have an updated tablet release schedule?
Old 06-22-2020, 12:23 PM
Donation Award 

I heard that Kingman get it in October... ! Planned was March. But thats all not sure...
Old 06-22-2020, 01:23 PM

Wow. It seems like it's going to be really hard to know if they're ok. I wonder how we can get an updated list on all locations
Old 06-22-2020, 02:41 PM
Donation Award 

Mail at my friends prison is working fast so far, within 2-3 days I receive letters on a regular base. I don't think that you can count on any list at the moment. Before corona they had people working for the kiosk machines .. but since corona is present, everything is more difficult. It can change daily ! So it will need some time and we need to be patient. My friend meant last week that October for his facilitly is planned, but there is no guarantee on it.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:29 PM

Makes sense. I'm just going to have to get used to the "struggle"
Old 06-24-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnsWife2020 View Post
Going through this thread, it seems all prisons should have had them by March. When I spoke to someone at Alhambra, they said most of the male prisons (Alhambra included) have not gotten tablets yet and they're hoping in the next few months but there's no real promise. It may be the only way my husband and I can communicate once he is sentenced and transferred next month since we are figuring (based on reading this site) we may have a hard time getting phone and visits approved. This is my first time dealing with this and he'll be in for years. So I'm not sure what I'll do if we have no way of communication at all.

Does anyone have an updated tablet release schedule?
There is no updated schedule list. Only the original one, and they are months behind on that. I can tell you Lewis prison was the last one issued tablets. Thry have them at Yuma but my husband told me they are holding off issuing them until Covid passes, which makes no sense. But that's normal for DOC. You can always write letters. There is no limit to the amount of letters an inmate can receive. I write no matter what cuz phones and visits are unreliable. If you have a problem with getting approved for visit/phone I could possibly help you. But go thru the process anyway. If you are denied PM me and I can help you appeal, it at least put you in the right direction.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Wow. It seems like it's going to be really hard to know if they're ok. I wonder how we can get an updated list on all locations
There are lots of ways to know he's ok. Letters, phone, video visits. Which I'is what they are currently doing in place of
Regular contact visits. Eventually tablets
Old 06-24-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Makes sense. I'm just going to have to get used to the "struggle"
The biggest struggle you will have is waiting for that first contact. My husband is in the BOP (feds) and it took exactly one week from dropping him off to receive an email notice from him and then he called that night! It was the longest week of my life... but then you sigh with relief and you let him know he has about 15 letters coming . I literally think I mailed two a day that first week ... then you find your new normal and it gets easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
ShawnsWife2020 (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
There is no updated schedule list. Only the original one, and they are months behind on that. I can tell you Lewis prison was the last one issued tablets. Thry have them at Yuma but my husband told me they are holding off issuing them until Covid passes, which makes no sense. But that's normal for DOC. You can always write letters. There is no limit to the amount of letters an inmate can receive. I write no matter what cuz phones and visits are unreliable. If you have a problem with getting approved for visit/phone I could possibly help you. But go thru the process anyway. If you are denied PM me and I can help you appeal, it at least put you in the right direction.
Thank you. He's not much for writing, but even with video visits, email to text, and phone calls I send out 3 to 5 letters a week for almost 6 months now (he's still in county)
Old 06-26-2020, 06:55 AM
Donation Award 

For Kingman : I got a new information today, they say they will get tablets in August, but we all never know if that are just rumors or if that happens... it would be pretty nice.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
For Kingman : I got a new information today, they say they will get tablets in August, but we all never know if that are just rumors or if that happens... it would be pretty nice.
How do you get info? Do they contact you or do you just keep calling them?
Old 07-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
How do you get info? Do they contact you or do you just keep calling them?

I received the information through my friend, he keeps me updated as far as they get new information in prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
ShawnsWife2020 (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 08:40 PM

If I don't have a video visit scheduled my friend is calling me every day. We are going to have a hard time. He has yet to be transferred to Alhambra and then to DOC. We have heard he will be sent to Florence, we are assuming Eyman Complex since Florence is to be closed. Anyone know anything about there?
Old 07-04-2020, 03:43 PM

I can’t find the list of dates for the tablets. However, Eyman don’t have theirs yet that I’m aware of.
Lewis got theirs at the Beginning of May though but we’re supposed to get them mid-Dec last year.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
If I don't have a video visit scheduled my friend is calling me every day. We are going to have a hard time. He has yet to be transferred to Alhambra and then to DOC. We have heard he will be sent to Florence, we are assuming Eyman Complex since Florence is to be closed. Anyone know anything about there?
Not all of Florence is being closed. Just the state owned part
The privately owned yards are still open.
Eyman has many security levels and classification of yards, hard to say. Nobody knows where they are going until they are processed and assessed at Alhambra
Old 07-05-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsGarcia View Post
I can’t find the list of dates for the tablets. However, Eyman don’t have theirs yet that I’m aware of.
Lewis got theirs at the Beginning of May though but we’re supposed to get them mid-Dec last year.
That's probably right. They are ridiculously behind on their distribution time table. I think the time table is in the DOC website under director's orders. Director's instruction 380

Last edited by CharleysGirl; 07-05-2020 at 12:53 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 10:11 PM

Has anyone heard about any complexes getting tablets?
Old 08-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Donation Award 

For those they don't have tablets yet (like my buddy), they offer weekly 15 minutes weekly video visitation. I had already one this week and upcoming week the next one.... ! That belongs to prison. Jail can be different of course.

I would recommend you to speak with your friend about it.

But at Kingman they are working on getting ready for the tablets, and install everything right now, soooo it will work for sure sooner than later.

People need to be on the approved visitation list.

We need to call on Thursday and Friday (not calling on other days.....just Thursday and Friday) the visiation office to set up a video visit for the upcoming week.

It worked pretty fine. I enjoy it and it is without any costs.

ADOC website:

July 13, 2020

Video visitation will continue for those inmates who have visitation privileges. Inmates are eligible for one 15-minute video visit per week in order to allow as many inmates as possible to participate. No fees are associated with the video visitations.

Last edited by mauri23; 08-07-2020 at 03:37 PM..
Old 08-07-2020, 05:13 PM

For Yuma - My guy says they have been told they have tablets but the people stopped setting up the WIFI when covid hit and they dont know when they will be back.

Visits are now 30mins - at least for Dakota Unit.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:16 PM

New tablet schedule attached. Not sure how to get the image to show in the message
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200810-214313_Gmail.jpg (83.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-12-2020, 10:56 AM

Yuck, it is still over a month away for Eyman :-(