Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Texas prison & criminal justice system, and join in non-prison related conversations with other people from your state.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:06 PM

Default goodtime queston

What is the maximum good time and work time awarded for each line class? Is it 40 days for every 30 days flat total? and what line class does a person go into TDCJ? Line class 3? Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Account Closed

First of all Welcome to the Texas forum....and it depends on when his orignal crime was. and what he is in for. AGG. does not get gain time...

Jeanne
Old 08-06-2005, 08:48 AM

A person should go in as a Line Class 1 unless the crime, past, warrant another classification. I think the max amount of time is 45 per 30 but as Jeanne said, there are several factors for that.

Old 08-06-2005, 10:05 AM

okay this is for me and I am the male going in sorry the name is my Daughters name who is the only thing in my life that matters right now. This is where I stand I have accepted in Tarrant and Henderson County a plea for 3 years non agg non 3 g just theft so low level crime will run concurrent and have to go to court in Johnson County and they are offering 6 with max of 10 (3rd degree felony) I am trying to get them to meet the other counties offers but if not I have the 6 becasue I will not take the chance they will consecutive sentence me or give me more than the offer it is only 4 more years but anymore than offer and that is one day more away from my daughter and Im not willing to do that. Anyhow I am trying to figure what would be the DMS dates based on flat time with good time and work time is it 30=75 days on the time sheet or 30=70. I understand that if I get 3 all the way around with my prior history I will get a serve all so that means DMS for me as I am non agg and will get a short way. What about the other good time credit I was reading about in posts about being over 95% full will that affect anything at all? Sorry for all the questions and I know that 3 yers is not a long time compared to some here but it is time away from my daughter and that is going to kill me in itself. So Jeanne with this info can you tell me what amount of good time I will get credited each month. Of course this all is contigent on remaining case free which I plan on doing. They will NOT have me one day more than needed. Oh the crime is after 96 of course. So I do know about DMS as stated.

Last edited by alexzandra; 08-06-2005 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Somebody to LEAN ON

The most important info on a time sheet is the flat time since good time will fluctuate with classification levels while serving time. The more good time earned, the closer the PRD will move.

My husband broke down how good time is assessed in this way:

Flat time | Good time | ABC credits |Max goodtime earned
LC3: 30 days | 0 days | 0 days | 0 days
LC2: 30 days | 10 days | 15 days | 25 days
LC1: 30 days | 20 days | 15 days | 35 days

State Approved Trusty
SAT4: 30 days | 40 days | 15 days | 55 days
SAT3: 30 days | 45 days | 15 days | 60 days
SAT2: 30 days | 45 days | 15 days | 60 days
SAT1: 30 days | 45 days | 15 days | 60 days

A fast way to calculate is that at SAT 3, 2, or 1 earning max good time for every four months done flat earns an inmate 8 months of goodtime. [NOTE: ABC class is goodtime given for some kind of education. A person can and will receive 5 days for a GED, 5 days vocation, 5 days for on-the-job-training bringing the max to 15 days if ALL 3 are done]

Remember this time only makes u eligible for the review. Since the board can use their discretion it's a turkey shoot as to whether u'll get parole or wind up with a serve all.

Hope this helps somewhat and good luck.

"Correction does much, but encouragement does more." Goethe

"Statistics are no substitute for judgment." Henry Clay
Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Miss'n my brother!

No answers just wanted to say . . . Welcome to PTO!

Old 08-07-2005, 02:46 AM

Hello and welcome to PTO
Old 08-07-2005, 04:26 AM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 21,592 Times in 5,574 Posts

Welcome To PTO!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and the Texas Forum!