Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the West Virginia Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:55 PM

Default Will I be able to visit him?? Information needed!

I will try to explain this as well as I can and still keep it brief.

My boyfriend took a plea for malicious wounding (not against me) and a seperate drug charge. There was a chance of the prosecutor filing DV charges, but he did not. To give some insight into this, the night he got into a fight with a guy, he also ended up pushing me as I was trying to get him to leave - all caught on camera.

Recently, I received a letter from victim services and his parole officer asking if I want to fill out a victim impact statement and be notified when he gets out. I'm concerned I will not be able to visit him once he is moved to prison. Will I be able to visit? If he was never been charged with any crime related to me why am I still considered a victim? What about when he does get parole, will he have to find somewhere else to go besides where we lived together? I mean, I was in the courtroom at every court date, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't have been aware of this until now. If anyone could answer those questions or give any advice to me, I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,553 Times in 6,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMo28 View Post
Recently, I received a letter from victim services and his parole officer asking if I want to fill out a victim impact statement and be notified when he gets out. I'm concerned I will not be able to visit him once he is moved to prison..
Do you not say that they ask IF you want to fill out a victim's statement? If so, then you don't need to fill out a victim's statement. If they are not filing charges for DV against you, then there shouldn't be any reason you cannot visit him.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
MelMo28 (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
Do you not say that they ask IF you want to fill out a victim's statement? If so, then you don't need to fill out a victim's statement. If they are not filing charges for DV against you, then there shouldn't be any reason you cannot visit him.
Thank you very much! I didn't know if the fact I even received victim services information was enough to block me from visiting him.. Of course, I will not be writing an impact statement. I'm happy to hear that visitation should be approved, thanks again!

LifeTraveler, if you - or anyone else who may have been through a similar experience - have any knowledge of the parole process and the likelihood that he will be able to parole out to my address in a situation like this, I would like to hear it.