Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service in Massachusetts should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Questions For Employees of P&P

I am a student in Missouri and am doing a research project on MA P&P.

I have a few questions and if you can answer any of them, that would be great.

Are probation and parole combined or separate divisions? What's the former title?

What is the organizational structure?

What is the average caseload? Are there specialized caseloads?

What are the supervision levels and contact requirements for each?

What are the assessment tools?

What are your violation reports like and types of recommendations?

Do you have progress reports?

What are the annual training requirements for staff and new staff members?

Do officers prepare their own reports?

Is there personal safety training provided?

Do you carry firearms? Is it optional or required?

What is sex offender treatment like?

How many members are on your board?

What tools are provided to you to better perform your job? (car, laptop, etc)

What are the standard conditions for Probation/Parole?

Is DNA collected on probationers/parolees?

How often do you do substance abuse screenings?

What are the supervision fees?

Do you have a volunteer/intern program?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 03:49 AM

Exclamation I'll answer your questionnaire

Well; good luck with that. Whatever that is...

I see that 340 people looked at this post and nobody knew the answers. You're in luck; I've got all the answers.. .

Are probation and parole combined or separate divisions? What's the former title?

That's a great question. What grade did you say you were in?

Well, I don't actually know. I think it's a square. Or maybe a triangle pyramid thingamajigee. One things certain; I will get to the bottom of it.

I would say your average inner-city crack head weighs about 90 lbs. Then you've got the heavyloads; corn fed boys... lot's of chicken. The biggest case I've had was a 350 woman actually. She's doing time in the Mens Prison for breaking out of too many womens factilities.

She might have been 400 lbs. Big caseload.

We don't care about their eyesight; wether they have "super-vision" or what not. And we just make em fill out that "contact sheet" when they check in to pacify them while we make them wait. We shred them at the end of every day. The ones we don't pin to the wall that is..

The courts pretty much do that for us. By the time they get here, we can pretty much assume they've been assessed as unfit for society; so we just keep em all on a tight leash; and try to keep the recidivism rates up.

It really doesn't matter what you put in there. The judges don't read it; and everyone knows they did it anyway.

I always recommend the revoke probation; execute sentence. That way my jobs done. Even if they're big and bad; or even big and innocent; it don't matter. I don't wanna see ems agains anyway.

We get yelled at real good about once a year; with a few flare-ups inbetween that don't last long. Everyone gets real excited about some new something or rather; but it always fizzles out. Same as any job I suppose.

Slow down there turbo. I passed the test when I came in here. Why don't you just worry about you.

Well; Yes and No. I mean; we're all photocopying some other officers report that resulted in a successful revocation long time ago. When you get right down to it; all cases can be broken down into one of several templates basically - all resulting in a revocation. So why re-invent the wheel.

But now days; insted of just having to use the photocopier, and cuttin up paper and trying tape it back down so it'll look even and all that.. We just cut and paste on the computer. so i guess someone typed in all those reports after all. The good ones anyways.

well hell yeah. That's pretty much your initiation. They put you in a room with a 3rd striker to do his pre-sentencing interview; and if you survive that you're good.

I do. As a matter of fact; everyone does. We have to take them off in the building so we don't shoot ourselves or the prisoners; so most people just leave them at home. We've got a pretty decent flow of illegal guns and drugs coming through this place; if you need a peice or something to go out and have fun over the weekend; you can usually find an improvised weapon of some sort in the holding chambers.

How did you know about that? I thought that was dismissed.

It's always changing. That's above my pay grade. A bunch.

Handcuffs; Mace. Billystick.

Put your Hands UP.
Lie down on the floor,
ON THE FLOOOR!!
You have the right to remain silent or
an attorney will be used against you.

Got IT?

OK.
How do you plead?

... I might have forgotten part of this.

No absolutely NOT. We stopped planting evidence when those tests started getting a loooot of people out of jail.

I only drink after work and on weekends and holidays and training.

Don't be getting ahead yourself. This is my gray train. Get in line.

Do you have a volunteer/intern program?[/quote]

yeah, I think. But I don't know why anyone would do it? You don't get paid.

I HOPE EVERYONE CAN HAVE A NICE CHUCKLE. I HOPE THIS LIFTS YOUR SPIRITS, IF ONLY BRIEFLY. 2.8 Million Prisoners and counting....
The Following User Says Thank You to KrippledHick For This Useful Post:
hopeafterelease (12-21-2016)
Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,283 Posts

Best laugh I have had in a long time

The love of God is like the ocean, you can see its beginnings, But Not its end.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,321 Posts

Representation of PTO
We are proud of our community and welcome members of the Media or Researchers to enter into dialogue with us about our aims, objectives and site structure.
As this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature towards the families of those incarcerated.
PTO is not a dating site nor is it in any way a campaigning or political community. We are not affiliated to any religious organisation and operate an open door, equal-opportunity environment.
Any representation that suggests otherwise is not acceptable and we ask that you do not use our name in any such article or presentation.

Disclaimer for Members (Media Representatives)
PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any researchers or involved research institution.
PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from a research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.
Members contact media representatives at their own risk and under their own cognisance.

Media/Journalist/Researchers – Requirements for PTO Membership/Acceptable Conduct
PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.
We do, occasionally, allow media/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members.
Any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members.
Members of the media must obtain permission from PTO Administration before posting requests for information and/or contact details.
Media/Researchers who send unsolicited messages or post requests for information without express permission may be removed from this community

Moderator: New Jersey, Juvenile, Prison Activism, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Maryland, Husbands & Boyfriends In Prison
Old 12-21-2016, 09:01 PM

Default Love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrippledHick View Post

Well; good luck with that. Whatever that is...

I see that 340 people looked at this post and nobody knew the answers. You're in luck; I've got all the answers.. .

That's a great question. What grade did you say you were in?

Well, I don't actually know. I think it's a square. Or maybe a triangle pyramid thingamajigee. One things certain; I will get to the bottom of it.

I would say your average inner-city crack head weighs about 90 lbs. Then you've got the heavyloads; corn fed boys... lot's of chicken. The biggest case I've had was a 350 woman actually. She's doing time in the Mens Prison for breaking out of too many womens factilities.

She might have been 400 lbs. Big caseload.

We don't care about their eyesight; wether they have "super-vision" or what not. And we just make em fill out that "contact sheet" when they check in to pacify them while we make them wait. We shred them at the end of every day. The ones we don't pin to the wall that is..

The courts pretty much do that for us. By the time they get here, we can pretty much assume they've been assessed as unfit for society; so we just keep em all on a tight leash; and try to keep the recidivism rates up.

It really doesn't matter what you put in there. The judges don't read it; and everyone knows they did it anyway.

I always recommend the revoke probation; execute sentence. That way my jobs done. Even if they're big and bad; or even big and innocent; it don't matter. I don't wanna see ems agains anyway.

We get yelled at real good about once a year; with a few flare-ups inbetween that don't last long. Everyone gets real excited about some new something or rather; but it always fizzles out. Same as any job I suppose.

Slow down there turbo. I passed the test when I came in here. Why don't you just worry about you.

Well; Yes and No. I mean; we're all photocopying some other officers report that resulted in a successful revocation long time ago. When you get right down to it; all cases can be broken down into one of several templates basically - all resulting in a revocation. So why re-invent the wheel.

But now days; insted of just having to use the photocopier, and cuttin up paper and trying tape it back down so it'll look even and all that.. We just cut and paste on the computer. so i guess someone typed in all those reports after all. The good ones anyways.

well hell yeah. That's pretty much your initiation. They put you in a room with a 3rd striker to do his pre-sentencing interview; and if you survive that you're good.

I do. As a matter of fact; everyone does. We have to take them off in the building so we don't shoot ourselves or the prisoners; so most people just leave them at home. We've got a pretty decent flow of illegal guns and drugs coming through this place; if you need a peice or something to go out and have fun over the weekend; you can usually find an improvised weapon of some sort in the holding chambers.

How did you know about that? I thought that was dismissed.

It's always changing. That's above my pay grade. A bunch.

Handcuffs; Mace. Billystick.

Put your Hands UP.
Lie down on the floor,
ON THE FLOOOR!!
You have the right to remain silent or
an attorney will be used against you.

Got IT?

OK.
How do you plead?

... I might have forgotten part of this.

No absolutely NOT. We stopped planting evidence when those tests started getting a loooot of people out of jail.

I only drink after work and on weekends and holidays and training.

Don't be getting ahead yourself. This is my gray train. Get in line.

Do you have a volunteer/intern program?

yeah, I think. But I don't know why anyone would do it? You don't get paid.

I HOPE EVERYONE CAN HAVE A NICE CHUCKLE. I HOPE THIS LIFTS YOUR SPIRITS, IF ONLY BRIEFLY. 2.8 Million Prisoners and counting....[/QUO

I really really needed a good laugh this evening. Thank you so very much to whomever posted this. I plan to read it one more time!