Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Nevada.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:45 PM

Default Stewart Conservation Camp Inmate Conditions

My son is going to Stewart soon. Several inmates at high desert have told him it is the absolute worst camp you can go to. Over crowding is really bad causing unsafe and volatile conditions. Website makes it sound ok. Anyone out there have any real information? Hoping to find someone who has had someone there recently.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 03:20 AM

Worse than High Desert? High Desert is horrible. The inmates could just be trying to scare him so I wouldn't worry until he gets there.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,250 Times in 2,380 Posts

Lots of places have reputations and rumours abound. I would see how it goes to hen he gets there it's may not be so bad.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Lots of places have reputations and rumours abound. I would see how it goes to hen he gets there it's may not be so bad.
Thanks, I will update when he gets there.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilitown65 View Post
My son is going to Stewart soon. Several inmates at high desert have told him it is the absolute worst camp you can go to. Over crowding is really bad causing unsafe and volatile conditions. Website makes it sound ok. Anyone out there have any real information? Hoping to find someone who has had someone there recently.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Not to alarm you but my boyfriend was there for three days recently and is now in administrative segregation because he was jumped by three men. He thinks it was due to race. He's okay but a bit lumped up. Fortunately he said that the altercation only lasted less than a minute before guards assisted him. When I speak with him later today I'll ask about overcrowding as this did not come up yet. Don't become over focused on the stories you hear though because these things can happen without rhyme or reason at any facility. I know it's nerve racking but this too shall pass as they say. If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll ask him. Best of luck!
Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 PM

Default SCC

Sorry I did not get back to you all sooner. My son has been there for about a week and it is so much better than High Desert where you were on guard every second. All of the guys at this camp are non violent offenders. No bars and no cement. Food is good. Hot showers with shower curtain. Only 6 guys to a dorm. Able to call most days. Better commissary access to microwave, TV, a little costly but they all share. My son likes to read so the library is a big plus. They all train for jobs with fire crew, dairy, ranch and get time off sentence with fire crew. I'm not sure about the others. Nice view, green grass, birds trees. No prison is ideal but I think this is probably about as good as it gets and it is so much better than High Desert. Thank you all for your replies and please let me know if I can answer any questions. They do random drug testing there and if you get caught you go back to High Desert.