Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Oregon Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:42 PM

Default Packages to Oregon Prison? Who are the vendors?

I saw that there were approved vendors to send a care package. Is there one in Oregon? My brother is locked up for the very first time at 71, he is not fairing very well with the food and discomfort.

Thanks for any information.
verna
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,817 Times in 13,049 Posts

I am so sorry, but I don't believe Oregon has a vendor for inmate packages At least there is no mention of packages on Oregon's DOC web page (http://www.oregon.gov/doc/Pages/index.aspx)
Old 03-01-2017, 06:36 PM

Access securepak lists Oregon as one of the state's that they ship to. They are pretty good, I like the reward items.
The Following User Says Thank You to rnsgaig For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 07:16 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,817 Times in 13,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsgaig View Post
Access securepak lists Oregon as one of the state's that they ship to. They are pretty good, I like the reward items.
Yes, but under facilities, access securepak only lists 2 county jails, no prisons
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
David (03-01-2017), mothersharon (03-25-2017), rnsgaig (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 06:03 AM

Patchouli is correct, after a little more digging it appears that inmates in Oregon cannot get packages from outside vendors except for books. Sorry for the misinformation.

On the plus side, the commissary list that is posted online has a huge selection and reasonable prices, a lot lower than Access. I like to send my LO packages because it is a little more personal than putting money on his account, but truthfully the money goes farther at commissary. And at least you can get him a few books or magazines as a personal gift. Maybe that would brighten his day a little. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to rnsgaig For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-02-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 05:03 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,654 Times in 2,008 Posts

Confirming what others have said: Oregon prisons don't have care packages. You can send the following:

Books from major vendors, periodicals from their publisher (e.g. can't send a magazine in an envelope from your house, butcan getthem a subscription). Books can include things like guitar lesson books - pretty much any kind of paper-based product you can find on Amazon.

You can also print out articles online and send the articles tto inmates as long as the web address is showing on theprintout.

The only other option for sending someone a "pick me up" is to put money on their books and let tthem decide what they want. They do have the ability to move money fromtheir commissary acct to their phone acct.

Apologies for typos - on vacation, limited internet, on ancient laptop with personality problems.

Gin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
mothersharon (03-25-2017), patchouli (03-04-2017), rnsgaig (03-04-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Yes, but under facilities, access securepak only lists 2 county jails, no prisons
I do not believe you can send packages to Oregon prisons, however you can send money to their account and they can buy what they want, anything from food to televisions. You can send books direct from vendor like amazon. My daughter has been in 13 years she just needs money for commissary and phone. If things have changed I am not aware. Good luck to you and your loved one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mothersharon For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-26-2017), patchouli (03-26-2017)