Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:16 PM

Default Is South Mississippi Correctional (SMCI) on lockdown?

Is south Mississippi correctional on lock down with no phones? Yesterday they were on institutional lock down after a stabbing but they were able to use phones. Today I have not received a phone call this is exstreamly unusual. Does anyone know if they took the phones away today?@
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,431 Times in 735 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk - glad you decided to join us!

I hope someone familiar with this facility & its current status will chime in soon about the possible lockdown; maybe you could also try and call them directly and see if they might confirm it from the facility. Good luck
Old 03-07-2017, 05:41 PM

Sarianna, if you find anything out please post. I haven't heard from Brett in over a month. Also highly unusual although he has gone underground before i. e. depression. He's had LWOP since he was an 8th grader. He's on year 13. However due to Miller v. Alabama he is in court for an illegal sentence. He has not contacted his lawyer either. SMCI doesn't allow lawyer calls. The inmate must call the lawyer. We've sent him a letter asking him to call. But not a word. If you know anything about the stabbing let me know. Thanks. Truthfully, I hate calling the prison and will only do it with a gun to my head
The Following User Says Thank You to savebrettjones For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-09-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 06:24 PM

My husband is also there & I haven't heard from him either. He has told me that they have trouble with the phones sometimes when it rains, so I'm not sure if they are off due to the lockdown or the weather.
The Following User Says Thank You to KJM11 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-09-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4ice View Post
Is south Mississippi correctional on lock down with no phones? Yesterday they were on institutional lock down after a stabbing but they were able to use phones. Today I have not received a phone call this is exstreamly unusual. Does anyone know if they took the phones away today?@
I was told everything is on lockdown including phones and the person stabbed is still alive. I have no first hand knowledge.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fae For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-09-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 AM

Default SMCI Lockdown

I was heading to visit my brother in SMCI and got a call from my father. He had been told at gate they are on Institutional Lockdown. Gave no other info. I usually get a call from my brother Thur or Fri and did not. Their phones always work well so phones must be included.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:29 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,010 Posts

True to PTO form, someone has come along with the information you're looking for.
I hope you her from your loved one soon.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanks this is helpful. I wonder how long this lockdown had been in affect and for how long it will be in affect? It's been 6weeks since I or anyone has heard anything from this inmate who calls regularly. Please post any updates if possible. Thanks very much.