Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Default Hello colorado!!

Hey, Dolls!

Well I just became a user to this site. I have looked on here daily for a couple months now. I have had many questions regaurding my boyfriend, but really never knew where to turn to for answers. I would always look on the internet for answers. And one day I came upon this site. It was so nice to see others had same questions as me. However, I have also noticed that not many people post in Colorado as others in different states. I know all of us are in the same boat with our loved ones in prison, but where are all my Colorado Women/Men. Why arent we blowing up this site? I am so glad I finally became a member. Its a really good place to go to blow off steam, or just to talk to some one who can relate with out criticizing. And in different Fourms not all prisons are the same as Colorado's. So, for me being new to all this, I would like to get to become familiar with how D.O.C works and just to meet new people, who are going thru the same things...I know there has to be tons of Men and Women who just waiting for our loved ones to come home. And are facing problems with everyday, and we feel like we are all alone and no one can understand. So how about it Colorado..I'm so willing to meet new people, I'm tired of going thru this alone. Where are all my Colorado people at????
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Hello and welcome...
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM

I am not sure you will be able to pin point one or two reasons as to why it seems as if Colorado men/women are not on the site as frequent - but I think it all depends on the topic and the timing. But welcome....
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Hi and Welcome! We used to burn up the site a few years ago but a lot of people have been released and frankly DOC is just so frustrating and depressing that people just give up on it.

It's hard to get everyone on the same page too. There are a couple of organizations here in Denver that can also help with your questions about DOC and get you in touch with people within DOC if needed. They don't like to rock the boat though because it took them a long time to build up their contacts. One is Colorado CURE and they have their own google group and the other is Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition. CCJRC tends to do a lot of legislative work and gets a lot of positive bills passed that affect inmates and parolees. They are always super busy and don't have a lot of answers to your questions but sometimes they are good to talk to.

CURE gets the people from DOC up to Denver to meet with families of inmates and will answer a variety of questions about prison operations and parole. Just be prepared to wear your boots and listen to a lot of BS.

I have a facebook group called End Mandatory Parole in Colorado. We are trying to get rid of it because it is a huge failure and is the biggest thing responsible for the DOC's huge budget.

Anyway if you need anything just post, someone will be along to answer!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 PM

Default Colorado intro

I thought I'd posted here, but it seems to have gone awry. I'm Diane, live in Aurora, CO. My son is in DRDC waiting to be assigned to a facility. He got 5 years for basically being in the car with someone that shot at another someone during a road rage incident. They charged my son because "he didn't try to stop the other guy". I don't know how you stop someone with a loaded gun, but it is what it is. Anyway, I cope most of the time, but I have bad days too. My son is 33, not a kid, I don't know if age has anything to do with blaming myself, but he's a grown man and made the stupid decision that started all this on his own!

Last edited by DPG; 02-13-2016 at 02:31 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DPG For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-13-2016)
Old 02-13-2016, 05:28 PM

[quote=DPG;7511311]I thought I'd posted here, but it seems to have gone awry. I'm Diane, live in Aurora, CO. My son is in DRDC waiting to be assigned to a facility. He got 5 years for basically being in the car with someone that shot at another someone during a road rage incident. They charged my son because "he didn't try to stop the other guy". I don't know how you stop someone with a loaded gun, but it is what it is. Anyway, I cope most of the time, but I have bad days too. My son is 33, not a kid, I don't know if age has anything to do with blaming myself, but he's a grown man and made the stupid decision that started all this on his own![/QUOT

Hello and welcome to Colorado forum. I'm sure it's tough having your son incarcerated. Hang in there!

Old 02-18-2016, 06:33 AM
Blueyes

Hello DPG. I don't know about the courts these days or the laws. It's so frustrating. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there!

We aren't very active on the Colorado forum these days. Don't know what happened to everyone. If you have any questions, there's two or three of us who get on here on occasion. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Donation Award 

Hello and welcome. It is really hard having a loved one incarcerated. Hang in there the time will pass faster than you expect.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:20 AM

Default I to live in Aurora

I heart hurts for you and totally understand your emotional roller coaster. My daughter just started her five year sentence with a five year tail for recovering her stolen property. She went about it the wrong way and yes she created the bed she is in right now. But I truly feel that if she had picked her friends better she would not be were she is today. Maybe the same with your son I do not know. I feel her sentence was harsh but hopefuly she learns a valuable lesson about the company she keeps from all this Your friend from Aurora . let me know if I can be of any help, if not to just talk. Love and Hugs Jerrys Mom Susie

Last edited by allwaysfaith; 02-21-2016 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: wrong place in thread
Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM

Hello and welcome. You will find kindness and support here. :-)
Old 02-19-2017, 07:01 PM

Wow has everybody gone it is now 2017 haven't seen many posts I read a lot of posts by seansbabyluv loved your info by the way hope your still around I have been searching this site for a while before I joined but not many new posts of this year need to keep researching i guess Bless y'all ��
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix88 For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-19-2017), BRAZILIANWIFE (03-08-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix88 View Post
Wow has everybody gone it is now 2017 haven't seen many posts I read a lot of posts by seansbabyluv loved your info by the way hope your still around I have been searching this site for a while before I joined but not many new posts of this year need to keep researching i guess Bless y'all ��
Hello, CO forum is not too busy. seansbabyluv (Cindy) was banned by the mods. Her husband is free and she hasn't been on in awhile (unfortunately).

Old 02-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Donation Award 

There are some of us still here and I check in from time to time.
The Following User Says Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
Phoenix88 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,601 Times in 1,554 Posts

We are going to be implementing a wide range of modernization upgrades, including mobile apps so the site is more easy and convenient to navigate and communicate.
There will be an announcement within a few days with all the details.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Hello, CO forum is not too busy. seansbabyluv (Cindy) was banned by the mods. Her husband is free and she hasn't been on in awhile (unfortunately).

Awe thats too bad she was very informative glad her honey is out tho. My son just went in *sigh*hes at Crowley
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix88 For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (03-07-2017), saoirse1 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Awe thats too bad she was very informative glad her honey is out tho. My son just went in *sigh*hes at Crowley
My husband is up the road 5 miles. AVCF

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
saoirse1 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
My husband is up the road 5 miles. AVCF
Well hope all goes well with our men. I am hoping mine gets a job soon, there are waiting lists he wants to fight fires I think that would be a good fit since hes a hard worker and would be a good asset. Poor guy hates to sit around hes always busy lol God Bless Y'all
Old 03-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Donation Award 

Good jobs in there are hard to come by. I hope the time goes by quickly for you.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Well hope all goes well with our men. I am hoping mine gets a job soon, there are waiting lists he wants to fight fires I think that would be a good fit since hes a hard worker and would be a good asset. Poor guy hates to sit around hes always busy lol God Bless Y'all
I don't think they have fire fighters at Crowley due to custody level.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:20 PM

Wow- this mom is back again. I'm surprised there's not many on the Colorado Forum. About 5-6 years ago it was very, very busy.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:00 PM

I've been on this site for almost 2 years, but I really haven't come to the Colorado forum until now. My man is at BCCF. Hi all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hisanime2015 For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-19-2017), David (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 PM

Hi All, Son is in transit from CTCF to a permanent facility today. Anxiously awaiting to find out where he'll end up. Was downgraded to minimum.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8tebrd View Post
Hi All, Son is in transit from CTCF to a permanent facility today. Anxiously awaiting to find out where he'll end up. Was downgraded to minimum.
Glad to hear of the downgrade to minimum!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisanime2015 View Post
I've been on this site for almost 2 years, but I really haven't come to the Colorado forum until now. My man is at BCCF. Hi all!
Sorry to hear it but I guess it is understandable. We got so overly massive back in the 2010-ish era' that PTO really got too big for its britches, and harder to navigate / find what you were looking for.. We're on a diet now with the focus on making that MUCH more easy.. Glad to see you in the CO forums.. Lets build them up!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8tebrd View Post
Wow- this mom is back again. I'm surprised there's not many on the Colorado Forum. About 5-6 years ago it was very, very busy.
Yup.. But, we're rolling out the technology (software, apps, etc) that should have been rolled out years ago (my fault), and as I previously mentioned, streamlining things.. Hope to see it return to that and even more. Glad you are still around!