Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Sylph's Avatar
Sylph Sylph is online now
here
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 145
Thanks: 44
Thanked 105 Times in 65 Posts
Default Rumor Control- tablets and email

So hubby has heard a couple things, and while I think it's just the usual rumor mill bs, I'd like to be able to say I have conformation it's wrong (if it is). So if anyone can confirm or deny, would really appreciate it.

So what he's heard is that Tucson has tablets (not sure what kind) and that all the prions are supposed to be getting them. He also said that DOC will start allowing e-mails. (I think once the tablet thing happens)
__________________
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul
inv;ctus

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

My guy is at Tucson and he said they don't have them or at least his yard doesn't can't speak to any others but he said there was a meeting held a few weeks back in which there was mention of possibly getting tablets in the near future and people could email n do video visits on them maybe - but inmates would have to buy their tablets if this happened. No word on when this would happen or if it was a sure thing just that it was being talked about but my guess is that if they mentioned it to inmates they will likely phase it in in the future - it brings doc more money.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Sylph (03-12-2017)
  #3  
Old 03-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 2,228
Thanks: 4,977
Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default

I'm sure if it's Tucson it's Santa Rita which is the only yard fully "integrated". They may be using it as an incentive to integrate.
__________________
KENDRA
ARIZONA-CAROLINAS-VIRGINIA-NOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS HOME
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:16 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Tablets and MP3 players are rumored to be coming to Red Rock as an incentive for integration which Ive been told will start happening in March. As that is the beginning of integration for all 2 and 3 yards. Im pretty sure Red Rock will be a hard sell on this integration thing as the experiment at Santa Rita hasn't gone well
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Why do u say santa Rita hasn't gone well?? It has actually they have had few probs there the tablets they have talked about bringing in there next month but way too expensive I think if the cost is what they said it may be...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

My guy said a meeting was held a few days ago and they said they were bringing in tablets in sept at least to his yard at Tucson for email and video visits but I'm not paying a few hundred for a tablet that's crazy!! They jack up the prices on everything not unless the emails and video visits r free and limitless!! Which of course they won't be - leave it to doc to take advantage of families anyway they can...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:09 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Why do u say santa Rita hasn't gone well?? It has actually they have had few probs there the tablets they have talked about bringing in there next month but way too expensive I think if the cost is what they said it may be...
Well if you have first hand knowledge of how it has gone I would love to hear it. I'm hesitant to comment cuz what I've heard is hearsay. But Ive heard the same thing from independent sources, so there must be some kind of truth to it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:10 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
My guy said a meeting was held a few days ago and they said they were bringing in tablets in sept at least to his yard at Tucson for email and video visits but I'm not paying a few hundred for a tablet that's crazy!! They jack up the prices on everything not unless the emails and video visits r free and limitless!! Which of course they won't be - leave it to doc to take advantage of families anyway they can...
If they bring in video visit will that eliminate contact visits? Cuz Ive heard that they would rather video visits and slowly phase out contact visits. Which Im totally against. I believe the inmates need the physical contact with their loved ones
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
If they bring in video visit will that eliminate contact visits? Cuz Ive heard that they would rather video visits and slowly phase out contact visits. Which Im totally against. I believe the inmates need the physical contact with their loved ones
He said that there was no plan for that that it was just another incentive for them - my guess is it's simply another tool for making money for doc but they would never take away visits all together they would have lawsuits up the wahsu if they did that w out cause (I e violation of rules by the inmate). It's just an incentive and money maker for doc...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (08-22-2017)
  #10  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:29 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
Well if you have first hand knowledge of how it has gone I would love to hear it. I'm hesitant to comment cuz what I've heard is hearsay. But Ive heard the same thing from independent sources, so there must be some kind of truth to it
Whatever questions you have I'll do my best to answer but I know there have been way less fights and infractions - the aggression that does occur and it's been very slim has been against guards and it's rare very little bw inmates he said people are getting along and my guy has a long history so he's been around the block - he wanted a change and he says it's way different in there so it's been okay...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

He said he has actually liked how peaceful it's been only annoying part is that there are a lot of younger kids he says too but he gets along w everyone and he says most do
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 2,228
Thanks: 4,977
Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default

Hundreds of people were moved from Santa Rita who refused to integrate. I sat in visitation at Rynning with many of them. Of course there's less violence if they moved everyone off who wouldn't house...but they CAN'T do that on every yard. They simply do not have the space to move all those who won't integrate...and for some races, agreeing to integrate means death on most yards, the heads have already spoken. If you are at any point moved from a yard that you voluntarily integrated on to a non-integrated yard, you will have to PC up.

I'm glad your man hasn't had any trouble, and I hope for y'all's sake that it remains that way. I can't speak for others, but it's been passed down that if whites sign agreeing to integrate there's a green light on them.
__________________
KENDRA
ARIZONA-CAROLINAS-VIRGINIA-NOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS HOME
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:45 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
Hundreds of people were moved from Santa Rita who refused to integrate. I sat in visitation at Rynning with many of them. Of course there's less violence if they moved everyone off who wouldn't house...but they CAN'T do that on every yard. They simply do not have the space to move all those who won't integrate...and for some races, agreeing to integrate means death on most yards, the heads have already spoken. If you are at any point moved from a yard that you voluntarily integrated on to a non-integrated yard, you will have to PC up.

I'm glad your man hasn't had any trouble, and I hope for y'all's sake that it remains that way. I can't speak for others, but it's been passed down that if whites sign agreeing to integrate there's a green light on them.
O yes this all I'm well aware of and agree w fully!! That not all are in agreement w it and most are not and anyone who leaves a yard that is is green lighted in fact a couple were moved from santa Rita for behavior and were killed not long ago already so yeah I hear ya. And when they do all the yards the atmosphere will not be what I described above I am only speaking as to now that is all - and what is scary I know that some higher up staff threaten inmates that they will move them to a general pop yard if they don't like their actions knowing that the inmates know of the two deaths that just occurred and the green light on people that come from IHP yards so it's scary. I'm just glad my guy is almost done...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (08-23-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (08-22-2017)
  #14  
Old 08-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 2,228
Thanks: 4,977
Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default

Gosh that's so damn scary! I just wanted to throw it out there that they didn't just come in and integrate the whole yard without moving a ton of people and that everything turned out all good. As much as I wish that was the situation, I don't want people to get the wrong idea and it turn out deadly. I can believe that staff are doing that but it's absolutely disgusting.
__________________
KENDRA
ARIZONA-CAROLINAS-VIRGINIA-NOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS HOME
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-22-2017, 03:16 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Whatever questions you have I'll do my best to answer but I know there have been way less fights and infractions - the aggression that does occur and it's been very slim has been against guards and it's rare very little bw inmates he said people are getting along and my guy has a long history so he's been around the block - he wanted a change and he says it's way different in there so it's been okay...
I'm interested in the ratio of the races and how the politics are handled
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-22-2017)
  #16  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:20 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

I don't know the exact ratio but he says it's pretty even and they have a rule on the yards (doc does) on ihp yards that no one of the same race can room together so they really push for integration - he says yes you see groups of races hang out together but it's not in the sense that it's this race against that race he said people easily inter mingle all thru the day but that yeah when someone does something they should not it is typically their own group that handles it and sets them straight not any other group or race but everyone interacts thru the day talking socializing playing cards etc and then obviously rooming together.....-and he reports little to no problems w the most probs when they occur being w own own groups not bw groups
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:23 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Again there are a lot less politics bc people don't want to be moved from there and also they had an influx of youngsters new to the adult system and how it all is so it kind of is a a different world there right now - not really the norm for what you'd think for az doc compared to other prison yards it sounds like
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (08-23-2017)
  #18  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:40 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Again there are a lot less politics bc people don't want to be moved from there and also they had an influx of youngsters new to the adult system and how it all is so it kind of is a a different world there right now - not really the norm for what you'd think for az doc compared to other prison yards it sounds like
So your loved one is on the Santa Rita unit? I'm just asking for clarification
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:48 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Again there are a lot less politics bc people don't want to be moved from there and also they had an influx of youngsters new to the adult system and how it all is so it kind of is a a different world there right now - not really the norm for what you'd think for az doc compared to other prison yards it sounds like
On the other yards all races socialize it's not taboo it just when they house in 2 man cells they house with Thier own race. In a dorm style situation this is not an issue because there the guys are intermingled. When the racial lines are really drawn in the sand sorta speak is during a fight or a riot. The youngsters coming I have no idea about how things are or have always been in prison so ya I understand them not knowing and signing without really knowing the consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
So your loved one is on the Santa Rita unit? I'm just asking for clarification
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
On the other yards all races socialize it's not taboo it just when they house in 2 man cells they house with Thier own race. In a dorm style situation this is not an issue because there the guys are intermingled. When the racial lines are really drawn in the sand sorta speak is during a fight or a riot. The youngsters coming I have no idea about how things are or have always been in prison so ya I understand them not knowing and signing without really knowing the consequences.
He said the few fights that have occurred people stay back and don't get involved they let the guys that are fighting fight and others do not jump in which he said is diff then when he was on gp yards and when someone does something stupid that persons own group handles it but he says that doesn't happen often bc people don't want to be sent to gp - overall it's pretty mellow he said each on their own doing their time at least for now hopefully it stays that way since it's been relatively peaceful
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (08-23-2017)
  #21  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:45 AM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
He said the few fights that have occurred people stay back and don't get involved they let the guys that are fighting fight and others do not jump in which he said is diff then when he was on gp yards and when someone does something stupid that persons own group handles it but he says that doesn't happen often bc people don't want to be sent to gp - overall it's pretty mellow he said each on their own doing their time at least for now hopefully it stays that way since it's been relatively peaceful
You keep saying GP like this isn't a GP yard. Am I understanding that correctly?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 360
Thanks: 3
Thanked 186 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
You keep saying GP like this isn't a GP yard. Am I understanding that correctly?
Sorry for the confusion - it is GP but not in the sense that most think of GP bc there are only a few yards currently that are integrated housing and some consider them similar to PC they are not but people treat them like it almost it seems in the sense that there are less politics less fighting and if you leave it as you have read you are essentially green lighted. So yes it's GP but not like other GP yards - and it has different privs that go w it. Just read back on it you'll see more about it written on the ihp yards on the threads but they are considered gp yes but different so to speak
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (08-23-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (08-23-2017)
  #23  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 2,228
Thanks: 4,977
Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,054 Posts
Default

They are putting some people there for PC who can't be put on true PC yards but still need protection. For example a white person who has racked up drug debt on several yards, with political ink, has been placed there for his own protection. How long he's safe there nobody knows, but he doesn't qualify for true PC.

BUT AZ has done that all over the place for years so it's nothing new. Integrated housing just adds another level to it.

The yard is still considered GP, but until the whole state is integrated, there will be problems with those on integrated yards moving to segregated yards.
__________________
KENDRA
ARIZONA-CAROLINAS-VIRGINIA-NOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS HOME
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-05-2017, 11:59 AM
GTOGuera GTOGuera is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hope this Helps! Tablets/Emails Tucson (Pima County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
So hubby has heard a couple things, and while I think it's just the usual rumor mill bs, I'd like to be able to say I have conformation it's wrong (if it is). So if anyone can confirm or deny, would really appreciate it.

So what he's heard is that Tucson has tablets (not sure what kind) and that all the prions are supposed to be getting them. He also said that DOC will start allowing e-mails. (I think once the tablet thing happens)
Well, part of the rumor is true! It is true that Tucson issues tablets to all inmates. But it isn't a prison, it is the Pima County Jail.
They have the Bible and limited literary classics loaded for free. It also serves as the inmates telephone and video visit portal. Family and friends can visit the inmate as many times as they care to pay for within posted county jail visiting hours.
Then of course, there is a boat load of media available for the tablets. It is for sale by the county just like store. There is music, extensive reading and I believe some movies are being offered.
The devices are also used for different courses an inmate might be taking and to attend some religious services. The guards use them as a cooperation tool. Tablets are given, tablets can be taken away by a capricious vengeful guard at the drop of a hat.
All jails/prisons are horrible. BUT, if you must be locked up and can behave yourself, remain quiet, clean and have plenty of money on your books, time at PCJ can be made bearable.
Between the 4X a week delivery of packages, once a week store, each pod having its own yard, 2 sets of clothes that include 2 t-shirts (women only) and 2 sports bras and 2 granny panties brand new out of the bag and the tablets to help pass the time, PCJ isn't quite hell on earth.
But behave, or they will rock your world. Zero tolerance for anything. Lots of privileges given, but also taken away quickly for darn near anything.
Anyway, sorry, got off on a tangent. PCJ is my only jail experience. After speaking to other people who have been in other jails and comparing notes the unanimous opinion is that PCJ is the jail to be in, if you simply must be in jail! Lol
Helped by the many extras and the tablets that started this novel. Lol
So, yes, you can "email" and inspite of admonishments about delays due to inspection of incoming messages, they are sent and received nearly in real time.
But you don't use your email account. Rather you log in to the inmate money managing company (JPay, GTL, etc.) that is set up with PCJ (In this case) and purchase message credits. With those, about $1 each, you can enter the messaging service and compose the email. There are also little e-cards and gif videos for sale also about $1 each. You can also add 30 second personal video messages. Those were a little more.
Bottom line is that you can keep your loved one entertained, looking at color video with audio of you, reading emails, listening to tunes, reading nearly anything and do it while talking to you on the phone all hours except lockdown at night.
It will cost a bloody fortune, but it makes the pain a little less.
Hope this helps. Sorry it was long. I figured I would tell everything I know about it in the hopes that I might answer any question in advance.
If there is something I didn't cover feel free to ask. If I know I am happy to tell you about it.
Good luck to all...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tablets for Music & (Eventually) Email-At All SCIs in PA? MiaLovesFO Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 3 12-28-2015 01:44 PM
Tablets for the inmates with email capabilities coming to Florida prisons? vjd7190 Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail 2 04-22-2014 10:47 PM
Rumor Control soontobewife Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 9 02-04-2007 06:55 PM
Michigan Rumor Control! mrsdragoness Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 32 10-03-2005 11:03 PM
Rumor Control ldysirois Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat 0 03-29-2005 03:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics