Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:00 AM

Default Illinois Parole Home Plan Housing

My son is currently at Menard Correctional and should be available for parole in early December. He and I are both confused on what conditions there are for his living arrangements when he gets out.
I have space here at home for him. What other things are required?
I am currently on probation myself can he still live with me?
We are both worried and do not know what to do. He has no where else to go.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2016, 11:22 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,531 Posts

Somebody should be getting contact with you soon. My fiancé is paroling to his parents' house and someone from the IDOC came and inspected a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if he'll be able to stay with you..I THINK it's up to the PO on that one, not sure. The conditions will differ for each person, but for my fiancé, he has to wear an ankle monitor. He is s sex offender so his rules will probably be different for someone who isn't, but I know general rules include no alcohol in the house, the PO can show up whenever. My fiance's specific rules include: no internet, can't even go outside, has to do counseling weekly, and can't be around people under 18. I'm not sure what else there is, and I'm sorry if I'm not much help. I hope someone talks to him soon about homecoming procedures.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah8705 View Post
Somebody should be getting contact with you soon. My fiancé is paroling to his parents' house and someone from the IDOC came and inspected a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if he'll be able to stay with you..I THINK it's up to the PO on that one, not sure. The conditions will differ for each person, but for my fiancé, he has to wear an ankle monitor. He is s sex offender so his rules will probably be different for someone who isn't, but I know general rules include no alcohol in the house, the PO can show up whenever. My fiance's specific rules include: no internet, can't even go outside, has to do counseling weekly, and can't be around people under 18. I'm not sure what else there is, and I'm sorry if I'm not much help. I hope someone talks to him soon about homecoming procedures.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your reply.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Donation Award 

A home inspection by a parole agent is required if the PRB (Prisoner Review Board) has mandated electronic monitoring, there are other instances but they are rare.

If the PRB did not mandate electronic monitoring they you will either receive a call or letter from the Field Service Representative at Menard requesting permission for your son to live with you.

Agents can allow a parolee to live with a probationer, it just depends on the circumstances. I don't know what you are on probation for and what he is in custody for but back in my day I would not approve a meth user to reside with a meth cook. I also denied a few DUI offenders from living where the front porch was full of empty beer cans / bottles although there is not a restriction for regular parolees on alcohol consumption.

Parole has quite a few rules just like probation, so you need to check with your probation officer to see if they are okay with your son paroling to your residence. Parole does not have a rule forbidding living with someone on probation, in most cases it is the Probation Officer that will not allow the arrangement.

I do want to let you know that if the FSR approves your son to parole to your home the agent can deny it after his release, so here are some helpful hints: If you have dogs ensure they are spayed / neutered and micro chipped...yes there is a law regarding this in Il. No firearms or ammunition in the home which should not be an issue if you are on probation, no compound bows unless approved, no decorative swords or throwing stars and keep the home habitable...not agent wants to walk into a garbage filled home with cock roaches everywhere.

If you have any other questions feel free to send me a PM or reply.

Welcome to PT and I hope everything works our for you and your son.

Take Care Chris
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
blah8705 (09-28-2016), rrowe (09-28-2016)
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM

What kind of rules are there in Illinois about a so living with minors? I've tried to look but can't find any.