Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Default Self Surrender...2nd time.

After being released from the BOP on March 14, 2013 after doing 46 months...the government charged me with a new case from BEFORE my sentencing in November 2009...never mind that I've done a year+ with no issues as well as recommendations from EVERYONE to not send me back...the Federal Government has sentenced me to self-report on August 26th. I was wondering if I would end up being sent to the SAME prison that I spent the last sentence at. Sorry for ranting at the beginning...but I took a lie detector test TWICE and passed and they STILL hit me with the BS..I have a short stay this time (16 months) but I'm hoping that they send me back there...my family can visit me and the time would still be "routine" for me. What are the chances of that?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2014, 04:13 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,569 Times in 9,462 Posts

It will be completely up to the bop, but from all the prisoners I saw returned to the same prison, I think your chances are pretty good. Of course all I saw were the guys who did come back.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:29 AM

Thanks for the answer. I hate having to go back...the thing that sticks with me is that the first time I DID IT. This time? Completely innocent...trying to explain to people that haven't been in the federal system WHY I would take a plea even though I'm innocent is like pulling teeth. It really is game theory...I could go with the innocent attempt which at best being a former felon is 50/50 and we all know that they would have thrown the BOOK at me (5-10 years)..so pleaing out with the idea of a judge looking at ALL of my behavior POST release and the fact that I'm paying restitution and my PO spoke HIGHLY for me and even the arresting agent...judge said that she couldn't go below the "guideline". My criminal history is overblown by 2 bad checks while in college ($25.32 and $54.46) which were both done in 2003. The image of the agent shaking her head at the judge...is priceless. Anyway, it's just 19 months without HWH..I've done 40+; I can do this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coryell2009 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-25-2014), patchouli (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The only people who don't understand why someone would plead guilty to something they didn't do are the folks who haven't been threatened with (promised) a huge prison sentence if they don't. It's too bad that federal prosecutor's career advancement is based on the number of convictions they can coerce, instead of being negatively impacted by the number of fraudulent convictions they strong arm. Believe me that every AUSA knows why an innocent person would plead guilty and lie under oath when they accept responsibility for what they didn't do.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:59 AM

If the judges and the attorneys know this...why isn't there some form of change? Having to accept being called "guilty" for something that you didn't do..is painful to a man's soul.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM

You obviously haven't had to deal with the Fed's.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryell2009 View Post
If the judges and the attorneys know this...why isn't there some form of change? Having to accept being called "guilty" for something that you didn't do..is painful to a man's soul.
The entire system is 'flawed' to say the least. It will never get better. I'm sorry you have to go back, hopefully you will be out before you know it. I wish you luck!

"The Degree of Civilization in a Society Can Be Judged by Entering its Prisons"
Old 07-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,719 Times in 1,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumchick View Post
You obviously haven't had to deal with the Fed's.
I hope you are kidding or didn't read the thread.. He's dealt with them and then some...
Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 6,719 Times in 1,233 Posts

Coryell2009,
Man, your case really sucks.. Sorry to read about it.
Chances are good you'll be going back to the same prison unless the new charge / sentence bumps up your points enough that you'll be up one security level, at least for a time.
David
Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Nope. Same security level. Sending me from DFW to Yazoo FCI. Total time calculation without HWH is 20 months give or take a week or two.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:54 PM

By the way...what paperwork do you need for a soft shoe pass. I've gotten an exception at my real job...I just need to know what medical paperwork for that. I'm getting everything in a row along with not leaving my family in a lurch. Got subscriptions and a BIG Amazon wishlist...spoke to the mailroom and they said that there is no problem with getting graph paper sent in. If I wear house shoes will they allow me to bring them in to self surrender....last time Big Spring they actually let me....
Old 07-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

You will have to convince medical of your need for a soft shoe pass. Documentation of a medical condition that requires soft shoes, I have no idea what that would be, from a medical professional might work.

What is allowed at R&D depends somewhat on the CO who is deciding what you are able to bring in. If soft shoes arrive in your property from another bop prison, they should get through. If you were able to keep shoes from outside the last time you SSd, you were fortunate.

Every federal prison I was in was very easy about footwear. Athletic shoes purchased from the commissary could be worn anywhere, at any time, so if you can get a pair, you don't really need a soft shoe pass anyway.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:43 AM

Thanks for the info. I wanted to get all medical information ready for when I report. I'm going to Yazoo so I don't know how stringent they are on soft shoes passes. I guess I could call the facility and get a head up...I'm also having surgery before I go in there for a foot issue..should I bring that documentation..
Old 08-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I would bring that documentation when you SS, and also mail a copy to the camp/prison's medical director.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:30 PM

Had to remember my password to Prison Talk. Quite an experience. Have a few months for the PO to request early termination of my probation. Have to say that I have no complaints with my life so far. Got out. Went to HWH in Hutchins. 6 Months. 4 weeks Home Confinement. Moved up to a different job after leaving HWH. I'll be on here more to answer questions about different prisons and the entire situation. Looking at starting side biz, that helps federal inmates and families w/o killing the inmates or families pocket books.
The Following User Says Thank You to coryell2009 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome back. Best wishes with your new business venture.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

I hope your early termination of supervised release actually happens. Receiving the letter saying you are finally finished with your entire sentence is a wonderful day.