Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Will 120 be extended for 2 write ups in Missouri?

my son was just transford to cremer to finish a 120 i have never been through the prison systom and have sevral questions. is he allowed only one phone call a day? will his 120 be extended for 2 write ups? I have so many more if anyone coule help me I would be in your dept forever.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM

Weclome to PTO. There are lots of information in regards to the 120 day programs in this forum. I am unable to give you any information because I dont know but I am sure someone will be around here shortly to help you out.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Donation Award 

I don't know too much about Cremer, or treatment and 120 days. I do know that there is a good chance he will be extended for those write ups. Which sucks, I know. Hopefully the judge won't put too much weight on them and he will release him. And I hope that the treatment will work for him. Did he receive the write ups in the treatment center or in R&D?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:46 PM

A stupid question but where is Cremer? And I agree with Christy that it could extend his 120 days.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Cremer is about a mile from fulton r&d. He got the write ups in r&d. tonight I talked to him for the first time since he was transford.which was great to hear his voice.he seems to like it beter but hes only been there 3 or 4 days so time will tell. I am very glad I found prison talk maybe I wont feel like I the only person going through this.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:42 PM

how many days was he at Fulton R&D? My friends' boyfriend was supposed to be transeferred to Cremer almost 2 weeks ago for the bed date they set for him back in August. He has been at Fulton since Sept 25, so do you know if they actually do 120 at Cremer or will the time he spent in Fulton count in that?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:52 AM

he'll do the 120 i'm sure. i don't know anything about write ups in r&d but in the 120 they are encouraged, actually they usually let each other know that they each in the unit need to write one othre person up. that's a good thing for them to do---they kind of self-police--- and then when they tell that person why they wrote them up, they're supposed to have the guts and something else to do it, then the person written up tehn writes soemone else up and explains the system, that's for the 120 day d/a treatment anyway. they also watch to see how they get along with a crowded same people situation. the less staff has to get involved the better, they work things out themselves is better. also, there are always loudmouth know it alls trying to run things and they usually don't make it through. homework is tough for those with reading or writing abilities, notice i said r&w abilities, not iq's, one does NOT reflect the other. they usually help each other. paying attention in lectures and sharing in groups is good. gary enjoyed part of it and got some stuff out that needed to be gotten out. good luck. marian
Old 11-03-2007, 06:20 AM

it was my understanding that the 120 starts when you enter the doc systom.but time will tell. Thomas was in fulton like 31 days. he was transford 2 days after his bed date.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Donation Award 

Normally, on a 120 day the time from R&D is not counted. I believe it starts from the day they enter the General Population. I think the only difference is in the women's prisons where R&D and GP are in the same place since there are only 2 prisons.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:17 AM

i thought that also but urinmythoughts guy is in for a 120 and just got transferred and it looks like from her post that his time counted at bonne terror so i am no longer sure. i know at wrtc the time starts the day they are received in the program.

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Donation Award 

It's possible that treatment and shock are different? I dont know. I do know that to count on only 120 would be a mistake. It's rare that they only do the 120. You know my motto: Expect the worst and hope for the best!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
It's possible that treatment and shock are different? I dont know. I do know that to count on only 120 would be a mistake. It's rare that they only do the 120. You know my motto: Expect the worst and hope for the best!
that could be....which would make sense. shock is shock no matter what place, you are in.. treatment HAS to be for the full days in the program, be it 120, 180, one year or 2yrs. once again, the motto still applies

and he's not leaving!!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:22 PM

yep shock and treatment are different. If you've got 120 days shock, you start counting the minute you are sentenced (or arrsted should one not be out on bail prior to sentencing) AND it wont count as a previous incarceration should one find themselves sentenced to the DOC in the future. There also isnt good time, early release or anything like that..its a flat out 120 days of incarceration.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM

I dont know how to tell him he thinks hes getting out in jan. but wont be till end of feb.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM

hi. new here. my husbands doing 120 days and I wanted to read up on what everyone else knows about this treatment center.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:37 AM

Default creamer therapeutic community center

How often can they call home? How long are they aloud/able to talk? Can they call everyday? What's the earliest and the latest part of day they can call? I already have my account with securus from when he was in FRDC.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:53 PM

Default 120 Treatment/Missouri

Even though this thread is old, the same system pretty much is the same to this day. First off, I'm an ex-convict and have done the 120 treatment at Farmington Correctional Center, Farmington MO around 2006. Starting with FRDC (Fulton Reception Diagnostic Center), an inmate goes through the process of interviews, psych tests, medical exams etc to establish the level of addiction, chance of violence, mental capacity, and/or substance abuse history, that determines one of two places whom would go - Farmington or Cremer.

Even if a judge executes a 120 DOC sentence, the sentence can be changed at anytime, including whether the inmate does shock or treatment. Shock treatment is almost the same only without the substance abuse classes. The judge is also in charge of signing off the 120 program for inmates.

*I realize some of this information may be redundant to those who already know the basics. I'm being thorough as I can due to my personal history and worried family members with difficulty in understanding the system.

I can't say what happens daily at Cremer; however, I've heard from others that and to be frank, Cremer has a strangely screwed up system of substance abuse recovery. Using the term "snitch", an inmate has a better chance of successfully completing the program if one snitches on another. To not do so, an inmate could be perceived as concealing, hiding, lying and/or being evasive about his peers... or even appearing himself because there are others, undoubtedly, that are there cheating, lying etc. Consider this, with this system, others are encouraged to snitch...possibly even on innocent inmates just to look good. Throwing my own two cents, these experts are very biased and inmates are forced in an environment to accept their 90 days in treatment when it's said to be done and how it's going to be done. Personally, recovery isn't a textbook procedure for everyone (i.e. not the same for everyone).

I don't know the rules of phone calls at Cremer. At Farmington, there was a window of time to make your own phone calls per day. During the week days the time was limited to like 2 hours. On the weekends, an inmate has the option to call almost all day. Phone calls are all outgoing. You cannot call your loved one. But like I mentioned, this is Farmington. I should elaborate that Farmington is the only other 120 treatment facility. Farmington is much more disciplined and a higher level DOC center meaning it houses more extreme inmates/addicts.

120 shock I believe is only at Boonville, MO. BCC. I was at Boonville after being released from DOC upon completing the 120 treatment and then failed the 5 years probation that followed leading myself being sent back to DOC for my back up time. Deal is with all institutions in the DOC programs is that 120's are separated from the permanent inmates. So, there's no worry that 120 inmates are mixed in with more extreme offenders.

Oh, the 120 days means 120 days: no more - no less. So, if an inmate does 37 days in Fulton, the remaining 83 days will be wherever they go. The treatment or shock program doesn't start and end on cycles because people come and go everyday. I could go on and on about other details of FCC and BCC, but this is the Cremer thread and what I've read is a lot of general uncertainty that could use some clarification from someone who's been there.

Some advice to potential people getting ready to be sentenced to a 120, if you're telling yourself, "I'm forced into this situation because of what I have done. I wished I never done this. I'm scared and can't do this because I might not survive."...fact is, you will survive. Another fact is, it's not as bad as the movies make it. With that being mentioned, some of your loved ones may come out not intending to stop whatever they did. Maybe not at first. Maybe they'll make it and completely and honestly never do whatever they did that lead them to prison. I mentioned before, some people feel like it's just a game of time because they're forced into this situation. Ask any counselor, substance abuse change has to start from within. You can't force it. If so, there could be the chance of not changing.

Back up time means, for example, Sentencing: 5 years DOC, sentence execution suspended...120 yada yada. Upon completing 120 day program, the inmate is released with a 5 year probation. So, it's not over yet. 5 years is a long and expensive time to complete without violations, especially from those who are going to pick up where they left off prior to going to prison. Also, not every probation officer is going to be the same and not every P.O. within the same town reports to the same judge. The court system portrays fairness, but the higher ups are human and some may be more biased to certain violations than others. A violation will be reported to the judge and then you're at the mercy of the judge again.

Point of all this ranting is that if you or your loved one, deep inside, is not going to change, don't do the 120 days. Not being narcissistic but I'll mention my story.

I was sentenced 120 days treatment at Farmington with a 3 year back up. I knew I couldn't wait to get out of DOC and party my ass off with my old buddies, which even with alcohol you can't do while on probation. At the time, my unlucky turn of events, a special program just for Boone County, in my case returning to Columbia, MO after my release, awaited me. I believe it was called the SEI or SIE program. Drug court exactly. The only difference between SEI and Drug Court is that you have to be coming out of DOC in order to be in the SEI program. So, not only my level 3 treatment from Farmington was a misery, now I had extra substance abuse classes, NA and AA meetings, weekly drug tests etc etc. After 3 years of evading the truth from my counselors and P.O.s I was caught for forging the signatures of the AA spokespeople on my list that I had to report to my counselor and P.O.. So, I was sent to the Reality House (a slightly better version of jail). I spent about 4 weeks there before things got worst because I had week day leave to find a job. Part of the SEI program. I resented my situation because Boone County was the only county that had this for 120 DOC inmates. One day I stopped by a friend's house and we drank our butts off. Naturally, I never reported back into the Reality House because you're tested everytime you return. Now I was on the run. I didn't turn myself back in and tried to evade the law with my arrest warrant. I got caught. This time I did my back up time in DOC. 3 years in BCC (Boonville).

Whatever years you're sentenced is not what you actually do. First time offenders do a minimum 15%, maybe average 15% 20% of 3 years. So, my time was only supposed to be a little over 5 months. Not 3 years. I ended up doing about 7 months. Let's add it all up: 120 days (4 months), 7 months BCC, 2 months awaiting for the sentencing itself and adding the 3 years probation, we get the total of 13 months. There is a reason I'm adding the probation time.

If an inmate from the beginning requests to do their straight sentencing (e.g. 3 years) instead of a 120, after the 15% of whatever years they're released on Parole. Not probation. On parole, everyday counts. Probation has the back up time, in my case I had the 3 year back up with 5 years probation. I messed up and not a single day on my probation counted towards my 3 years. Parole would have counted every single day. If you or your loved one has no intention of completing the probation, don't do the 120 with probation. Yeah they'll do slightly more time, but it will be shorter than the alternative.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyanMHudson For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-19-2017)