Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Please message me if anyone has the PDFs of the chicken soup books and are willing to share. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,051 Times in 2,297 Posts

This site has lots of free printable coloring pages for adults , including zen and anti stress and geometric and mandala,steampunk etc. Colouring can be just as much fun for adults as it is for kids. Even if only a black pen is available some of these designs can look amazing filled in.

http://www.muminthemadhouse.com/2015...es-for-adults/

Last edited by maytayah; 06-12-2015 at 04:04 PM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Chelie1111 (06-12-2015), jcsjbr (10-20-2015), Quetz (10-22-2015), Rumpleteaza (12-16-2015), what a day (07-03-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Default Creative mail

Go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of the .50 cards. Just random ones. I send my guy 1 every day. Might be happy 1st birthday, graduation, get well...just stupid stuff and then I usually find stuff to write in there like totally useless facts. He really likes wondering what is coming next.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thand For This Useful Post:
letsstayannon (10-30-2015), MariaFairmaiden (10-10-2015), miamac (10-20-2015), Quetz (10-22-2015), seahag (12-14-2016)
Old 07-01-2015, 12:04 AM

Default days of the week

well my man has been complaining that I dont write him enough. When he gets off work an goes to his "rental spot" (so he calls it) he is sad when there is no mail. So i thought of mailing him 7 days of the week cards. Monday - I love you & (inside) and I want you. Tuesday - I love you & (inside) and I miss you and so on. Hope he likes it. I mail my first one tomorrow
Old 07-12-2015, 01:05 PM

Default Envelopes too?

I draw a little something on the back of the envelope too. I hope that's allowed. My hand traced. A drawing of a package of mayonnaise (he loves mayo!), whatever comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO-189145 View Post
I get a lot of PMs and questions about what I send in the mail, so i just wanted to share some of my ideas with all of you! A lot of you have liked them..and found them really helpful so i figured I'd post them here! I hope you (and your loved one ) enjoys them!

1. I cut out a tracing of my hand...but I ended up making two cut outs...and I taped them down to maroon construction paper...and I had both hands at the ends of the paper (bottom corners) and they were over lapping so it looked like we were holding hands..and I added in all the fancy touches.. Like his tattoo on his hand.. and on MY hand I put my culatta ring (that I face IN meaning im taken)...and at the top I put the poem "We were given two hands two hold two legs to walk two ears to listen..but why only one heart?"..then in side HIS hand I put "because the other was given to someone else" and in MY hand it said "for us to find" and inbetween BOTH hands (the little opening) I put a little heart.Then on the back I put quotes about love and holding hands and hearts ...etc..

2) then I had this TINY TINY little envelope and on the outside I put a "HOMECOMING" sticker on it..with things like "I'm so proud of you!" and "You made it!" with streamer stickers etc..and INSIDE the LITTLE envelope was a MILLION golden confetti pieces... really...a million and inside was a little piece of paper that said "homecoming prayer" and I wrote a little prayer to God saying how thankful I was for this opportunity..etc etc...and I had a little piece of heart paper..and i put "Homecoming wish" and on the back i wrote directions. 1. make a wish. 2.kiss the heart and put back in envelope. 3. shake it up ..and so I made a wish on the heart..kissed it and shook it up...so he does the same..so were wishing on the same heart...(we have a "thing" with wishing together.. )

3. I made him this paper thing..i cant really explain it...it had a quote that said "with love miracles can happen" (or something to that effect) and it said things like "my life" "my smile" "my reason" "my strength" etc etc etc...and I wrote "you" all over it in pen so its hard to see...but it means that much more when he realizes it...and I tied pink ribbon to it..and on the ribbon was a little tag that said "my wish" (and if you look at it...it looks like my wish is everything on the paper thing..)

4. I sent him OLD things..from previous letters..to help remind him that we are DESTINY..and utterly meant to be...things he LOVED but sent them back to me when he was transferred so they wouldnt get lost..so yeah i sent em again and little "signs" we get...between me and him.. Things that get resent seem to bring out emotions from the initial reaction and it brings back happy memories.

5. I made a little tag..with this red heart on it..and I put "I, ____ vow to be here in good times and bad. This is to remind _____ of my UNDYING love for him." And I signed it..and tied another ribbon to it...and on the ribbon I put the wedding band and engagement ring he sent to me a couple months back (just the pic.)

6. I always put little odds and ends like quotes and hearts..etc..to also put in the envelope..

7.I always say "I found my noah" (from the notebook)...I love that movie and it reminds me of us..well..I copied the pic of them dancin in the street..and put quotes from the movie under it...then I sent him an explanation of WHY "I found my noah" and my friend DREW the same pic of them dancing with the lyrics to "I'll be seeing you" in the backround..

8."A dedication to Love:

This piece of paper is a dedication to love, and all that comes with it. I promise to love you fully, no matter what comes our way. This is solid proof that I belong to you and I will always be dedicated to you. Over bumps and bridges, across miles and highways, I vow to remain yours. Through prison bars and barbed wire fences I promise to stay dedicated. Between laughter and tears I assure you that I am here until the very end. If ever one of us starts to stray, let us be reminded that our love is destiny and we are truely meant to be. By signing this I vow to NEVER give up..no matter what life throws at us. I promise to love you in good times and bad, for richer or poorer..in sickness and in health.. 'til death do us part.
X____________ X_____________"
you sign it...then send it and have him sign it..(make it look like an official contract...put it on some nice paper..decorate it..etc)

9.I took a piece of printer paper (just white..but u can use any color) and starting at the top I put "why do i love you?" (normal size writing) and after that I put. "i love you because you turn my world upside down" (and because I wrote it at the top by the time I got to the words "you turn" I would of had to of went to the next line..but instead I turned the paper and wrote on the side so it went DOWN the page.)..and I kept going with alllllll the reasons why I love him...and the words had a spiral effect. and the words worked their way INTO the page...get it? and by the time I was almost finished I realized in the middle was the PERFECT size for a picture...and I put a pic of me in the middle and the last reason was "i love you because your are _______(his WHOLE name)...I hope I explained it good...

10.I wrote FAITH in big letters on a circular piece of paper..and wrote Faith is...fsjhgsutjhglskdjflskdgjdf (define your definition of faith) and kept the words in a circular motion. And every other thing was Faith is hgksjh. Love is kjdghskjh. Faith is jhskjg. Love is jghkgjh. get it? And at the end it said. I LOVE you and I have FAITH in us. and it was one little circle of words...

11. I have made crossword puzzles, word searches, and even quizzes

Aside from the above ideas I wanted to add in that cards are extemely important. They make cards for everything now and I never have trouble finding one to relate

I hope everyone enjoys my ideas! I'll post more as I think of them!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonks For This Useful Post:
musiccitymere (12-29-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 11:04 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thand View Post
Go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of the .50 cards. Just random ones. I send my guy 1 every day. Might be happy 1st birthday, graduation, get well...just stupid stuff and then I usually find stuff to write in there like totally useless facts. He really likes wondering what is coming next.

I had a fabulous laugh about this. Its so absurd but perfect! Thank you for sharing this!
The Following User Says Thank You to MariaFairmaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 PM
To the moon & back
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,459 Times in 2,223 Posts

Here's a neat idea I just came up with. Well, I'm pretty sure other women have done this, I just don't know of any.

Anyway, I'm going to send my fiance a candy gram for Sweetest Day. I'm using the one in the pic and tweak it a bit. Since I won't be able to send it to him, what I'm going to do is take some pics while holding the poster in front of me wearing only heels making sure all the lady bits that aren't allowed in pictures will be covered. He won't get it in time, but I know he'll love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg candy-card-1.jpg (374.1 KB, 41 views)
Chelie1111 (10-31-2015), miamac (10-20-2015), musiccitymere (12-29-2015), NikkiJayne (12-07-2015), Quetz (10-22-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 AM

Default I Love You Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving_aunt View Post
Please message me if anyone has the PDFs of the chicken soup books and are willing to share. Thanks!
Anyone respond?

Edit - also thought I'd give you all a "freebie" since in a way we're all kind of "kindred spirits". Its a 2016 calendar with an "I love you" post-it-note picture. Great for anyone you love! It's just a simple PDF file. Click it open, click print and there you are, a safe, mailable calendar on paper. I used picture paper but did make sure the facility accepted it first. Most do since it's just a one page sheet.

Well, hope some like it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2016LoveYou.pdf (508.7 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by jcsjbr; 10-20-2015 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Adding printable freebie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcsjbr For This Useful Post:
MariaFairmaiden (11-18-2015), miamac (10-20-2015), Quetz (10-22-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Penpal

I got an MRI recently, so sent him a scan of my brain, with a polite request that he not fap off to it. Perhaps you're due for a colonoscopy? A mammogram? Men like butts and boobs, after all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koranov For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Blueyes

I noticed some prisons allow stickers to go on letters. That would be awesome. Colorado doesn't allow stickers. They even cut off the postage stamp before giving the envelope to the inmate. I was sending some cute postage stamps on zazzle.com that I had purchased and come to find out, he wasn't able to get them. Waste of money.

My guy and I did hang man for awhile. But he used really hard words and I never guessed them.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowblind For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Nevada Daperdue

We just started writing, but so far I make my letters to him very vibrant and! His favorite colors are bright colors so I try and stick to those. Also I write in a journal to him every day, and send them along with my response letter. Also in my letters I write little side notes, and funny comments in a different colored pen than the main msg. I mainly try to keep the tone in my letters as if I was there talking to him. I have a very bubbly and light demeanor so I keep my letters the same way. I've also sent a piece of paper folded into a heart ( like one would back in grade school lol) and decorated the outside of it and sprayed it with my perfume. As you opened the heart it said "Don't do it!" "Seriously don't!" "Well you did it! Good job! Now fold it back into a heart!" I just try to put life into every little detail! Sometime soon I plan on sending him a letter that is nothing but kisses from me and spray it with my perfume.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Off to the Races
Donation Award 

I used to make a lot of handmade cards for my ex; some that were well thought out and artistic.

I'd especially send them on holidays and his birthday.

We could run away together

Where we could be ourselves forever
Girls like me were born to be untamed and free,
But I still want the other half who completes me.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:26 AM

I'm still working my way through all these pages but wanted to share a couple of things. I print off monthly calendar pages and inserted weird and unusual holidays. Like Jan 23rd is 'measure your feet day' and 25th is 'bubble wrap appreciation day'.

I also print out motivational quotes. I find a frame or border I like, use editing software to removed any parts I don't want and insert the quotes. These are A6 size (and currently out of colour ink so had to do black and white).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imageedit_88_8943235367.jpg (224.5 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by NikkiJayne; 12-07-2015 at 01:28 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NikkiJayne For This Useful Post:
Chelie1111 (12-07-2015), marco1969 (12-07-2015), miamac (12-07-2015), WeepingWillow (04-20-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 09:35 AM

Default Let's share some fun mail ideas.

I love writing letters. I tell him everything. I send pictures of lots of stuff. I just bought some Disney prints. Sent him those. I share all of my life with him.

For St. Patricks day I wrote a letter on a shamrock. I send different printed letters.

Puzzles are always a huge hit too.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 PM

I can't post a link but if you google "our love book" it will pop up. You can write your love story at the beginning and then use pre-formatted pages to include what you love about your person. My guy absolutely loved this and said all the guys were jealous and were working on their own pages to make for their ladies when they got out.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:28 PM

I'm going to have to go through this entire thread and make a document listing all of these great ideas. My kids just got the ok from their therapist to start writing to their dad, and while he can't write back yet (he has to do some work with his therapist, who has to approve it with their therapist etc), they're SO excited to resume contact and have been trying to think of creative and fun ways to say hello.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmecu View Post
I'm going to have to go through this entire thread and make a document listing all of these great ideas. My kids just got the ok from their therapist to start writing to their dad, and while he can't write back yet (he has to do some work with his therapist, who has to approve it with their therapist etc), they're SO excited to resume contact and have been trying to think of creative and fun ways to say hello.
I get a lot of my cards personalized from Zazzle. You can pretty much custom it to say whatever it is that you want. Pick a design and then add or subtract what you don't like. My Bff nearly died when he got a custom card from me.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:44 AM

I am currently working on " open when " letters/cards.
I know they will all be opened when he gets them, but assures me he will tape them back up before he reads them all---- I have 15 so far.
open when you 1st get this.( various things, explain this package)
open when you can't sleep open on 10-2-16 ( our anniversary) open when youre bored ( cross word puzzle sheets, seek and find, my own made up cross word, 25 questions to answer) open when you are horny, open when you think of our future, open when you need a good laugh ( jokes, silly pics of us) open when you want kisses from me ( wrote the word " kiss" in every language) open on Oct 15, 2016 ( sweetest day) open when youre mad at me... open when Im mad at you,---- add all your own " open when" and put them all in a large manilla envelope Make sure to find out the rules at the facility- the 1st bunch i sent in were returned. i wrote on the outside of each envie in marker.with stickers, glitter, ( this is all new to me) . enclose pics, quotes, letters, stories. --- everyones will be different. I try to do 1 a month with 15 different " open me" envelopes- and supplement w letters the rest of the time
Old 09-12-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniesgal View Post
I am currently working on " open when " letters/cards.
I know they will all be opened when he gets them, but assures me he will tape them back up before he reads them all---- I have 15 so far.
open when you 1st get this.( various things, explain this package)
open when you can't sleep open on 10-2-16 ( our anniversary) open when youre bored ( cross word puzzle sheets, seek and find, my own made up cross word, 25 questions to answer) open when you are horny, open when you think of our future, open when you need a good laugh ( jokes, silly pics of us) open when you want kisses from me ( wrote the word " kiss" in every language) open on Oct 15, 2016 ( sweetest day) open when youre mad at me... open when Im mad at you,---- add all your own " open when" and put them all in a large manilla envelope Make sure to find out the rules at the facility- the 1st bunch i sent in were returned. i wrote on the outside of each envie in marker.with stickers, glitter, ( this is all new to me) . enclose pics, quotes, letters, stories. --- everyones will be different. I try to do 1 a month with 15 different " open me" envelopes- and supplement w letters the rest of the time
That's a super cool idea!! I love it!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:29 PM

I have an extra copy of the workbook Separated by Prison, United by Conviction if anyone would like it- no charge, I just hate to toss it! It's totally unwritten in.

https://www.amazon.com/Separated-Pri...+by+conviction
Old 03-19-2017, 11:10 PM

This is an old thread...

I send my guy a letter every week, they're pretty vibrant I write quotes/ draw little pictures and write journal style for the week. I also send him random cards, pictures. Before he went to prison I started working on open when letters, I sent about 20 for different occasions and he loves them.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnurse13 View Post
I have an extra copy of the workbook Separated by Prison, United by Conviction if anyone would like it- no charge, I just hate to toss it! It's totally unwritten in.

https://www.amazon.com/Separated-Pri...+by+conviction
Well it's been a year. But I would love the book if you still have it.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:31 PM
batshit crazy

Talking Design your own postcards

Has anyone ever used Postcardly? It looks like it'd be fun!

You email them a picture, they turn it into a postcard and mail it.
You get about 500 characters on the back of the postcard for a message.
You get a free trial of 3 cards and then after that, it's about $1 per card, depending on which option you choose.

Postcardly Reviews

My husband and I omail, but I know he'd like some "real" mail too!
Old 04-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,096 Times in 3,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_nox View Post
Has anyone ever used Postcardly? It looks like it'd be fun!
Looks cool! Also seems like they have a referral/rewards option.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (04-25-2017)