Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 03-17-2017, 01:11 PM

Default Hope You All Are Well

Things have settled for me emotionally now that a year has past. I think initially I was pretty crazy for a while. Just so difficult to wrap my brain around how we all got to this point. Now we are in survival mode I guess and just trying to get to the end which in actuality is just the beginning of something new. But I am trying to stay "up" and living a life. Going to retire in November and looking forward to relocating someplace warm. Going to be hard to leave the state where my son is incarcerated but he is an adult and these were his choices. He is aware that I am leaving and wants me to go. I think he is ready to stand on his own. I am past ready. But I hope you are are doing well and staying strong. Try to find joy and peace.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thequeensusan For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-17-2017), lizlizzie2 (03-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,865 Times in 6,320 Posts

Key West? Beautiful place. So much to see and do in the keys!! Your son can talk to you on the phone no matter where you go. I'm glad you found a way to be at peace. (Hugs)

The Following User Says Thank You to jancy For This Useful Post:
Thequeensusan (03-23-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 05:31 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,051 Times in 2,297 Posts

There comes at point where you have to look after yourself first. You can still have a lotof contact with your son by letter and phone and I wish you well.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thequeensusan View Post
Things have settled for me emotionally now that a year has past. I think initially I was pretty crazy for a while. Just so difficult to wrap my brain around how we all got to this point. ...

Going to retire in November and looking forward to relocating someplace warm. Going to be hard to leave the state where my son is incarcerated but he is an adult and these were his choices. He is aware that I am leaving and wants me to go..
I think we all go through that crazy stage for a while. Even when we know they are guilty and we know that prison is the best thing for them, it all new and scary and we go through so many emotions, sometimes in the same hour and definitely in the same day. It is such a weight that until it is lifted we don't even realize how heavy it had been on us.

It is good that you are taking care of yourself, living your life, retiring and moving to a place that will make you happy. I expect that it is a weight off of him to know that you are doing so. Hope you find the perfect place for retirement for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 AM

Default Need your own happiness.

We live 2 hours from where my son will be for the next 15 years. I too was in a fog the 1st year but have learned to live my life. We talk weekly and visit once or twice a month. However, we now travel and very much live a happy life. My son wouldn't want it any other way. Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josieblv For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (03-22-2017), onparoleinTO (03-20-2017), Thequeensusan (03-23-2017)