Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:49 AM

Default Sundays are rough for this girl in Oregon/ how about you?

Anybody else have rough Sunday's? I'm really kind of exaggerating how bad it is but there is no mail on Sunday lol....also my guy is at osp and he doesn't work his job on Sunday ao that means he only gets one hour Out of his cell a day for yard if that doesn't get cancelled. We email every day except Sunday I don't want him stressing on emailing or calling me when he only has an hour. I'm not complaining about the situation at all it could be way worse we are fortunate I see outmates on here with less communication time so I don't take ours for granted. I posted this in the oregon forum because I am wondering if there are any Oregonians here I don't see much in the forum. I will probably have some questions if and when he moves to a minimum facility which is supposed to be any day now. If you are having a rough Sunday jump in here even if your not from Oregon!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 11:24 AM

My boyfriend is at Coffee Creek waiting and waiting and waiting. I think this has to be the worst part. He should be sent to a minimum but we have no idea where or when that will happen. This is completely new for me. I don't know how the system works and I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I'm thankful we can talk everyday but I wish he would get moved already so we can set up visits. I've heard intake can take around a month to complete. We're on day 12. He told me to try this forum just to get some support and advice. But this is the first post I've seen from Oregon. I'm glad you put it up. ��
Old 03-19-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLV30 View Post
My boyfriend is at Coffee Creek waiting and waiting and waiting. I think this has to be the worst part. He should be sent to a minimum but we have no idea where or when that will happen. This is completely new for me. I don't know how the system works and I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I'm thankful we can talk everyday but I wish he would get moved already so we can set up visits. I've heard intake can take around a month to complete. We're on day 12. He told me to try this forum just to get some support and advice. But this is the first post I've seen from Oregon. I'm glad you put it up. ��
Hi! I'm so glad you responded. I can share with you what he told me about his transfer from Osp. I'm pretty sure he said his counselor approved it and then it goes to a review committee (that's the step we are on). He said once it gets approved the transfer happens fast and it shouldn't be long at all before he can email or call me. He said his mail will get forwarded so not to stop writing. We are hoping he goes to Columbia in Portland or santiam in Salem. That's about all I know except that in September I will be picking him up at the gate! Lol how long do you have?
Old 03-19-2017, 06:39 PM

We are hoping for Columbia as well. They have a good behavioral health program, or so we've heard. He really wants to make the most of his time with counseling or classes and groups. He hasn't been given a release date. His sentence was 15 months. I have no idea what that translates to with good time or trans leave. It was a non-violent victimless crime so I can't imagine why he wouldn't be in minimum.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 PM

Your on day twelve that's great your halfway there. I did not go through his intake process I met him four months ago through family. When he gets out in sept it will be after four years. But I can give you some tips on how to stay sane and you will learn a lot on here I am glad he sent you. Stay busy, write often and make it like a conversation tell him about your day what you are doing what's going on in your community you will be his touch stone to the outside world. If you communicate openly and honestly and take care of yourself the time will pass better. If you don't hear from him don't stress there is a lot going on where they are and their daily schedule can change in an instant. I tell him you do you in there I am a big girl, don't worry about me a lock down with no communication for a couple days or weeks is not going to scare me away. Buy a book of stamps lol you will use a lot of stamps! At some point he should be able to send you an email to invite you to message. the messages are less than a postage stamp 500 letters or less not much but fast We check in on it pretty much once a day. Best of luck you found a good group to get support from!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:57 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,040 Times in 2,141 Posts

Hi ladies,

Since this thread is about prisons and things going on in prisons, I've moved it to the General Prison Talk forum. The lounge is for non-prison related topics like how sick we all are of the rain (would it puhleeeeez just stop already?!).

DLV30, intake is almost the end of the worst of it. You've actually already been through the very worst - the arrest, the DA, the plea bargaining/trial - all of that is bad, though intake sucks because just when you think it's over, there's this one last bit of stress to wade through.

Intake is difficult, and Kimimi gave good advice. Write write write! He doesn't have very much time out of his cell to be able to call if he's going to also eat and shower. He's there and anything he gets in the mail will give him something to do aside from sitting around worrying about things he has no control over.

Back to the original topic - Sundays are tough if you're used to getting mail every day. I asked my dad to call me every Sunday just to hear his voice and let me know he was still okay. No mail, no email on Sundays, and I always worried about him. They were short calls, not much more than maybe 5 minutes (to make it worth the connection charge), but it was enough to hear his voice. If I could go visit, I tried to visit on Saturday mornings because that was the least crowded for a weekend day.

Yeah, intake and Sundays - both can be rough to get through. Kimimi, maybe your advice about intake would work on Sundays? Instead of waiting for a letter, put that time into either writing a nice LONG letter, or surf the internet for things he interested in and have a "Sunday read-together" where you print out something you think he'd be interested in and you read it too, even if it's not something you're normally interested in? That would also give you something to write about (whatever you read). Maybe that would help suck up some of the time on Sunday until Monday rolls around and the mailbox is interesting again.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Kimimi (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,040 Times in 2,141 Posts

Quote:
This is completely new for me. I don't know how the system works and I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I'm thankful we can talk everyday but I wish he would get moved already so we can set up visits. I've heard intake can take around a month to complete. We're on day 12. He told me to try this forum just to get some support and advice. But this is the first post I've seen from Oregon. I'm glad you put it up.
Welcome to PTO and the Oregon forum. This is a good place to find information and get support.

As for not knowing how anything works, have you read this thread yet? http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=624041 While I posted it several years ago, not much has changed since then. Make sure you read the whole thread, there's information in there about just about everything related to having a loved one in an Oregon prison.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you need to ask. I'm on here at least once a day and try to log in more often than that. Happy to answer whatever questions you might have.

You've found a soft place to land.

Gin
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Welcome to PTO and the Oregon forum. This is a good place to find information and get support.

As for not knowing how anything works, have you read this thread yet? http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=624041 While I posted it several years ago, not much has changed since then. Make sure you read the whole thread, there's information in there about just about everything related to having a loved one in an Oregon prison.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you need to ask. I'm on here at least once a day and try to log in more often than that. Happy to answer whatever questions you might have.

You've found a soft place to land.

Gin
I had not read that thread it has a ton of info thank you ginger!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-20-2017)