Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:40 PM

Unhappy I'm not sure where to ask this, but help me with boy names?

I'm honestly not sure where to ask this, but help me with boy names please? If this is not in the right place, maybe move it for me. My husband has been in such a horrible mood ever since he got arrested two days ago.
The first time we spoke after that I thought maybe he had mellowed his anger, but nope. Of course not.
I have a daughter from a previous relationship and she is just so confused and I am too. I'm being induced tomorrow afternoon and I have no idea what to name my sweet innocent boy.
How would you handle this situation with my husband if you were in my shoes?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 12,121 Times in 4,717 Posts

I wish you had your husband's support right now, I'm sure that must be difficult. I'm not much help when it come to choosing a name, but I want to wish you a safe and healthy deliver of your baby boy and be sure to let us know what you choose!
Old 03-18-2017, 01:12 PM

First praying that the delivery will go off without any problems and that your baby boy is healthy. I would check with the hospital to see how much time you have to make a decision about a name. I think one my best friend's kids didn't have an official name for a day or two after the birth. I'm sorry you are in this situation, hang in there.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:47 PM

Ok, one bit of advice, give him a first name that you want to call him by. My first name is a old school name, and has been the first name on my father's side for many generations going back well over a 150 years. The name is now popular again and it fits me ok, but my birth parents called me by my middle name. This has caused a good deal of confusion. When I went off to university it was hopeless to get people to call me by my middle name, so for 4 years I went by another name and the common nickname associated to that name. Many years later I now work for that same university and they are only a little better. Lol. I just roll with it, but it's not something I would not recommend.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:01 PM
Donation Award 

Selecting a name is difficult. How about making a list of family names to consider? My son, husband, and father-in-law all have the same first name with unique middle names. The first name is one that has a variety of nicknames, so it's easy to know who we are talking to/about.

I prefer to keep the names and spellings pretty standard so we don't have to spend the rest of our lives telling people how to spell or pronounce our names. But that's just me. Best wishes.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewTexGal For This Useful Post:
K6770 (03-18-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:49 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 24,456 Times in 12,665 Posts

Did you guys discuss what to name the baby before hand?
If so, and you like one of those names, name the baby that.
Or if is a couple of names, name one as first second one as middle.
My sister couldnt decide between three names. So my nephew has three names and a last name. (two middle names)

Im sorry you will be doing this alone. Do you have a friend or maybe your mom who can go with?
Hugs to all of you.
Let us know what you decided.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM
OnparoleinTO

I like names that have been in the family and carry positive memories and associations. It builds a sense of history for you and the little one, but not a sense of obligation or having to be like someone else....

Good luck with everything. Sounds like you'll have a challenging time.