Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:27 PM

Default Kvsp electronic drug test?? What??

I just read this yesterday on their website. At 1st I was like what's that but oh well I don't do drugs or smoke or drink so IDC. Then later I started to think like hmmm electronic drug detection that's crazy what is it. So I looked it up & at first again was like oh kool now there will be more room in the visiting rooms for people such as myself who do not use.. (since a lot of people do drugs).. Then I ran into this page with some old post on how crazy that test is that a lot of people have failed & being false... So I read more & more comments & now I am very very nervous. I've never been through this & I don't do drugs nor do I associate with people who do. But reading that u can come in contact & fail because of touching a pen / door knob AT THE PRISON, pumping gas.. Putting on lotion & FAILING WHEN U DO NOT DO DRUGS IS RATHER TRAUMATIZING!! Their site says they started it in March 2015. I plan to go down that way in the next month or so.. Has any one been through this at KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON DELANO????? PLEASE HELP & TELL ALL!! I haven't been to KVSP in over 6 years so I can't remember all the details.. But I sure know they didn't have this.. CRAZY! Follow me on removed info per policy
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT! Thank you :-)!
#prisonwife

Last edited by sass4221; 05-18-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 17,040 Times in 6,292 Posts

It's generally referred to as ION scanning. Yes, it's in full swing at KVSP.

When you're processed you'll be asked to press a button on the counter. This button only indicates whether you are randomly chosen to be scanned, it is not the scan itself.

I have yet to hear of a false positive out of KVSP, but not everyone who visits participates in the forum.

Here is a link to CDCr's policy regarding scanning. Every visitor should know their rights in regard to the use of the scanner.
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/A...Final_Text.pdf

Last edited by miamac; 05-18-2015 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: typo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-18-2015), Vargaswifey2009 (05-26-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 02:09 PM

Their concern is not about whether the visitor is a drug user (although visitors can be turned away for being obviously under the influence). What they want is to prevent the introduction of drugs into the facility. After all, visitors who fail the test are getting searched and may be allowed a no-contact visit. Notice how, in case of failure, they would allow a retest after washing with soap and water.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:47 PM

Where do they do the scan and how is it preformed? I've pressed that button the last time I went and I did not know it was for that!!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:08 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonlady View Post
Their concern is not about whether the visitor is a drug user (although visitors can be turned away for being obviously under the influence). What they want is to prevent the introduction of drugs into the facility. After all, visitors who fail the test are getting searched and may be allowed a no-contact visit. Notice how, in case of failure, they would allow a retest after washing with soap and water.

Oh wow ok that's great to know. Just scared me when I read people all over world saying old people had failed, others were acussed when it was wrong. That it could go off with lotion or pumping gas or even laundry soap.. That's crazy. But that's good they allow you to wash with soap if that's the case. Because u do sign in before u enter the prison with their pens & touch door knobs etc. IDK WHAT A WEIRD THING TO HAVE IF NOT 100% ACCURATE! but again thank you for the info...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:11 PM

Wink

[quote=miamac;7444681]It's generally referred to as ION scanning. Yes, it's in full swing at KVSP.

When you're processed you'll be asked to press a button on the counter. This button only indicates whether you are randomly chosen to be scanned, it is not the scan itself.

I have yet to hear of a false positive out of KVSP, but not everyone who visits participates in the forum.

Thanks soooo much. Very helpful to be prepared for what to expect on that.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:39 AM

My relative had a false positive. Carry your prescription printouts with you in the car to prove your innocence. If you do not have your prescriptions, not only will you be asked to strip search, but they place your name on a permanent list that is saved by the CDCR as evidence that can be used against you in the future. Know your rights folks.