Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:32 PM

Default Denied visitation. don't know why

Hi, I'm usually just on here reading posts by others, but now have a question.

I was denied visiting exactly a month ago tomorrow. I know they send letters with the reasons as to why but I have yet to get anything. My hunny was told he could ask but when he did they gave him the name of the Sgt that denied it, but said they didn't know why. They are just informed to remove someone and that's that.. When I called I was told the same thing and that the letter should have gotten to me by now.

My question.... How can I find out why?!
Any help is appreciated! PS. If it doesn't make sense sorry, I'm on my phone typing lol
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2015, 10:29 PM

I don't know how you find out, maybe write a letter to the prison.

There's usually two main reasons why people are denied. 1) criminal history, even something simple like an unpaid traffic violation 2) the address on your drivers license does not match the address you listed on the application. When you move, you're supposed to notify the dmv. Therefore, when the visiting sergeant searches your dmv record, the dmv will match the address you live at. It's dumb, I know.
The Following User Says Thank You to lassy2013 For This Useful Post:
Michelle89 (04-11-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Ugh, it does suck! Big time.. Nothing has changed so I don't know what the heck now.. I'm going to try to resubmit a visiting form and see if the reason of denial will come to me. I hope that does something..
Thank you.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Patiently waiting

Is there a Warden at the prison? I would try writing a letter to the Warder. Most Wardens are pretty good about responding to letters that are written to them.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:04 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Contact the Ombudsman for Kern Valley State Prison. I usually email him and he responds quickly. The most it has ever taken to hear back from him was a week. Here is his information:

Gabriel Vela
Ombudsman
Gabriel.Vela@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 323-2994

*If you decide to write the Warden make sure it is a profession business letter and that you mal it certified. That away you will know when the prison gets your letter and you will have proof. Hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
miamac (05-25-2015), Michelle89 (07-07-2015)
Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 PM

Post Denied visiting......

Even though my husband is at ISP and not Kern, although I wish he was, my husband said a lot of people were being denied visitation at all prisons, I hope to get my butt to DMV and put a change of address in, even though my DL has a different address on it. That really shouldn't make a difference, but after reading these posts, it seems stupid. It costs money to change your addy with DMV, a lot of us work and every dime counts when there is only one income instead of two. It also costs to change your DL or ID. I don't know why our state makes us pay for this or that just so we can visit, but I suggest if you have a bill with your current address on it, white out the account # but leave your name and address on it. That is current. That is the best idea I have come up with so far. Mary
Old 07-07-2015, 12:23 AM
Day BY Day

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,093 Posts

It is free to do a change of addy at dmv. You just need the paper card to show with your license
Old 07-07-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
Even though my husband is at ISP and not Kern, although I wish he was, my husband said a lot of people were being denied visitation at all prisons, I hope to get my butt to DMV and put a change of address in, even though my DL has a different address on it. That really shouldn't make a difference, but after reading these posts, it seems stupid. It costs money to change your addy with DMV, a lot of us work and every dime counts when there is only one income instead of two. It also costs to change your DL or ID. I don't know why our state makes us pay for this or that just so we can visit, but I suggest if you have a bill with your current address on it, white out the account # but leave your name and address on it. That is current. That is the best idea I have come up with so far. Mary
Yeah, when I spoke with head of visiting that's what they told me also.. After waiting 2 months he finally put in a request and visiting called me to tell me what it was.... FTA.... from 2012! Funny thing was I had gotten pulled over twice (fix it tickets) and nothing ever came up. The DMV told me sometimes it could takes a few before it showed up seeing as how it was years ago. So its squared away now..
They charge for change of address too?? I didn't know that.. That's BS!