Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:14 PM

Exclamation Medical at Kern

My son who is paralyzed from his shoulders down was just transferred to Kern
valley prison...he is a level 1 but needs a hospital bed that has a button to make it go up and down...he has no control of his core...he also has a leg bag for urine and has severe muscle spasms ....he was suppose to be sent to Mule Creek but they put him here....It just happened three days ago....no word from him....does anyone know where he will be housed? He has to do his own bowel care by hand and has infections each month with his bladder

Thanks, worried Mother Share
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 15,491 Times in 5,836 Posts

It's possible that he's there as a layover on his way to Mule Creek. Where was he coming from?

I'm honestly not sure how they would house him at KVSP. Level 1 is a separate area away from the main prison and I believe all medical is inside the level 4 area. But don't quote me on that.

It's possible to contact the ombudsman for KVSP and see if they can help answer your questions.
Larry.Cupler@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 324-3265
Old 08-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
It's possible that he's there as a layover on his way to Mule Creek. Where was he coming from?

I'm honestly not sure how they would house him at KVSP. Level 1 is a separate area away from the main prison and I believe all medical is inside the level 4 area. But don't quote me on that.

It's possible to contact the ombudsman for KVSP and see if they can help answer your questions.
Larry.Cupler@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 324-3265
Thank you so much...I haven't heard from my son since he arrived there...are the phones available for the handicapped?
The Following User Says Thank You to share For This Useful Post:
miamac (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:44 PM

My son came from VSP in Coopertino
miamac (08-01-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 15,491 Times in 5,836 Posts

OK, so it's not a layover because it's the opposite direction.

Yes, there are phones available provided they have phone privileges. I can't speak directly about the medical unit but there's typically a two week window allowed for orientation. During that period they aren't allowed calls or visits. You may not have heard from him because of that.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
OK, so it's not a layover because it's the opposite direction.

Yes, there are phones available provided they have phone privileges. I can't speak directly about the medical unit but there's typically a two week window allowed for orientation. During that period they aren't allowed calls or visits. You may not have heard from him because of that.
I received a call from him yesterday...he is being housed in the CTC unit which stands for correctional treatment center...he has a hospital bed with a trapeze bar and has a roll in shower to use...he says the food is great
miamac (08-06-2017)