Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful2724 View Post
My penpal is in D yard and i received a letter from him yesterday postmarked August 16th. My letters take forever to get to him though.
At least your receiving something dear, I'd wish I was receiving something. Yes! Mail takes forever for them to get, he always mention how long it takes for him to receive my letter(s). If it wasn't for the phone calls, I would think he wasn't getting my letters at all. But he lets me know that he's getting them, even though he gets them late! I still write to him and let him know somewhere in my letter, that I didn't receive his letter(s). It sucks to not receive his letters, but I am glad he's receiving mines. I know how much it means to him to receive letters from me. I'm praying that you continue to receive letters from your pen pal.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 05:12 AM

Default Jpay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500_Trudy View Post
You are correct. KVSP is one of only six prisons participating in the pilot program.
So my friend is on B-yard and for a week or so, when I went to Jpay, I was able to send him a Jpay email, and I was so happy, but he did not receive anything and now Jpay has switched off the emailing bit, but still says on its website that KVSP has 25 kiosks!!

I understand from here that it is a test, and only on C yard, how is the mailroom (and all the others who read our mail) going to cope with an influx of email? My mail is sometimes more than a month behind!!! Luckily we have the connect network phone now... but that is also just when they have time to get the men to the phones.

I hope that Jpay updates its website, there is no correct information about this, and they are not responding to my emails about it.

I often use Letterquick, because I know the owner has worked so hard to get that established in California, with very little cooperation from CDCr. It is the best option writing from overseas.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:18 PM

D-Yard has access to emails (Jpay) hopefully, they'll have access to some of the other Jpay options soon enough!
The Following User Says Thank You to keywii For This Useful Post:
miamac (10-31-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 05:17 PM

How can i send my husband a book? And is he able to receive a book if he's in ad-seg?
Old 11-13-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybaby724 View Post
How can i send my husband a book? And is he able to receive a book if he's in ad-seg?
Softcover preferred. You can have it sent via a bookstore (Barnes & Noble, for example) or Amazon. If you go with Amazon, make sure you're buying it from Amazon themselves and not through a third-party. Check the Seller Information. It should have the Amazon logo. There was an issue with that this past summer that prompted CDCR HQ to temporarily ban all deliveries from Amazon.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keywii View Post
D-Yard has access to emails (Jpay) hopefully, they'll have access to some of the other Jpay options soon enough!
One-way only. Inbound. There are no kiosks in D-Facility or any other facility at KVSP to the best of my knowledge. Only C-Facility has the full JPay email experience available.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,511 Times in 4,011 Posts

C yard does have kiosks and inmates can have tablets . They have 2 way email messaging snap and send photos and 30 second videos. Let’s hope all the other yards get the same soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 11-20-2017, 06:29 PM

I just sent my LO an email through jpay to test it. He says his cellie got one last week but he was not able to respond. Has anyone else sent email to there LO? Mine is in A yard.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeb714 View Post
I just sent my LO an email through jpay to test it. He says his cellie got one last week but he was not able to respond. Has anyone else sent email to there LO? Mine is in A yard.
A-Facility inmates can only respond with a normal ol' paper-in-an-envelope letter. They do not have access to the kiosks and tablets that C-Facility has. Same goes for B, D and M Facilities. The inmate receives a paper printout of the email in the regular mail bag. The printout is generated from the Mailroom. Since the Mailroom was closed over the long Thanksgiving Day weekend, no email printouts went out Wednesday thru Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to 500_Trudy For This Useful Post:
lilt0123 (05-25-2018)
Old 11-27-2017, 03:45 PM

According to my friend C Yard inmates will soon be getting jpay free tablets. Not sure when.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 01-27-2018, 07:52 PM

Hello what kind of valentines cards can I send
Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 AM

You can send cards , but the cards cannot have any glitter , stickers, ribbons, foil or sequins etc. It can only be a basic card. I have bought photo cards before as they seem to get through ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-28-2018)