Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjquiroz

I was kinda stocked by it but i was lucky enough to have gotten an appointment for the weekend that just past due to someone canceling I just got back yesterday and it was nice to see alot more people visiting now a days
Awwwww I bet it was I'm going back July 20th! soooo excited lol
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥

So we just got the news that our marriage packet has been approved and we will be getting married on 09/27/2013. I am so nervous being as this will be my first visit in Mississippi. Does anyone know how they preform the marriages over there ? Will we be able to have pictures taken ?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo's Babee
So we just got the news that our marriage packet has been approved and we will be getting married on 09/27/2013. I am so nervous being as this will be my first visit in Mississippi. Does anyone know how they preform the marriages over there ? Will we be able to have pictures taken ?
Awwww lol that's my engagement date lol of course last years lol but I heard its in the visiting room n yes u will get to take pix! congrats!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lxreyes For This Useful Post:
Malo's Babee (07-16-2013)
Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 AM

Can anyone tell me, if this facility has a sny/PC yard? My hubby was at this place 6 yrs ago, he is now in OK.

How far is OK from MS?

Thank you ladies!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxreyes View Post
Awwww lol that's my engagement date lol of course last years lol but I heard its in the visiting room n yes u will get to take pix! congrats!!
Thanks girl... can't wait 72 days
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Never Giving Up On You

First off Congratulations. I actually got married in Mississippi 3 and a half months ago. I've been there about 7 or 8 times already. I feel like its mu second home now.

For us it was 3 couples that got married. They visiting room was packed and the pastor went with each couple at their table & we exchanged vows and rings. He then pronounced us husband and wife and we kissed

You are able to take pictures as long as your man buys the photo duckets.

I was also planning to go again in Sept but not too sure yet. I will let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo's Babee View Post

Many Have Promised Me The World...But Only He Has Been Able To Give It To Me
The Following User Says Thank You to B's Lady For This Useful Post:
Malo's Babee (09-13-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Never Giving Up On You

As far as I know...this place does NOT have a PC yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulmate4ev View Post
Can anyone tell me, if this facility has a sny/PC yard? My hubby was at this place 6 yrs ago, he is now in OK.

How far is OK from MS?

Thank you ladies!

The Following User Says Thank You to B's Lady For This Useful Post:
soulmate4ev (02-01-2014)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM

Hi ladies! Does anyone know why they aren't taking visiting appointments currently? I just called to make an appointment for October & she asked for my hubby's CDC then said we're not currently taking appointments until further notice. She then said to keep calling back each day.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 AM

Hello Ladies, I havent been on here in a while. My hubby is better yet has been in Mississippi for some years now. Im looking for someone who may be interested in visiting in October? ive been there a few times, know my way around. Im looking for someone to split costs with and of course the company.
The Following User Says Thank You to LilMissDee For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (08-24-2013)
Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM
TriCky'sWif33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDee View Post
Hello Ladies, I havent been on here in a while. My hubby is better yet has been in Mississippi for some years now. Im looking for someone who may be interested in visiting in October? ive been there a few times, know my way around. Im looking for someone to split costs with and of course the company.
Hi there ..I need some info..on this trip I really wanna go..it'll be my 1st time
Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Make It Last Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSinohui View Post
Hi there ..I need some info..on this trip I really wanna go..it'll be my 1st time
Hi there, I need info too... My husband just got transfer last week from Arizona and I haven't heard from him yet. But I want to plan a trip as soon as possible to go out there to visit. I haven't seen my husband since May . Any info is greatly appreciated. I am also from Anaheim CA. Do you by any chance know how long it takes before they can use the phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to HavyWife77 For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (09-05-2013)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 PM

Hi Princess,

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm outta here in 9 days to go see hubby!!! Super excited!!! My expenses weren't bad at all either so I'm really looking forward to it.

QUOTE=PrincessSinohui;7209529]Hi there ..I need some info..on this trip I really wanna go..it'll be my 1st time[/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to dachosen1 For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (09-05-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Make It Last Forever

So I am feeling anxious haven't got a letter from my husband. I called the prison and they told me he is there but in the lockdown unit???? Is that because he just got there? Or is that for inmates who get in trouble???? I am so lost... They did say that visits are full thru September.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥

Oh my goodness.. Two weeks from today I'm getting married and I am so nervous about my dress..lol How are they on dress code over there..? Are they SUPER strict..? Can I wear white jeans..?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Donation Award 

Default clothes and such

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo's Babee View Post
Oh my goodness.. Two weeks from today I'm getting married and I am so nervous about my dress..lol How are they on dress code over there..? Are they SUPER strict..? Can I wear white jeans..?
Their strictness depends upon who's working. Some officers don't care, some are nit picky. White jeans should not be a problem, as long as not khaki or blue. Be sure you have closed shoes and they are not more than two inches high, no underwires of course, NO jewelry at all no watch, earrings, etc.

You might have your man ask if the photographer can take your photos. If so, he needs to get the photo ducat off of his books.

Be excited! Happy for you!!!

Love is patient, love is kind.....
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Free together again by 2020
The Following User Says Thank You to Biznessgal2 For This Useful Post:
Malo's Babee (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 03:12 PM
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥

Ohh I am so excited. He tried to get Ducats twice now at the store and was told they aren't selling them anymore.. I don't know. He had got 2 before so I guess that's what we'll have.. I can't wait to get down there. It's been to long. Haven't seen him since April when he left Arizona.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
♥ Solid Love Affair ♥

Another question to the ladies who are married.. What's the deal with no Family Visits..?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM

Default Is Tallahatchie Dorm style or cells???

I am trying to find this information listed somewhere...and have had no luck thus far. My hubby is getting moved there from ASP and while he was at both CRC and ASP he's only had dorm style living for the past 2 1/2 years. so trying to find out as much info as possible for him!!! any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:56 PM
TriCky'sWif33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
Hi Princess,

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm outta here in 9 days to go see hubby!!! Super excited!!! My expenses weren't bad at all either so I'm really looking forward to it.

QUOTE=PrincessSinohui;7209529]Hi there ..I need some info..on this trip I really wanna go..it'll be my 1st time
[/quote]

how was ur visit?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:32 AM

Hello, Im new here. Im wondering if anyone is in building H?
The Following User Says Thank You to elena99 For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM
TriCky'sWif33

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena99 View Post
Hello, Im new here. Im wondering if anyone is in building H?
Hi & welcome...my husband is in building O
Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 AM

Default Visit

Hi Princess,

My visit was cool!! I didnt have any issues at all. It was soooo weird being back down south. Im from La & I used to live in Mississippi as well. I've been gone for quite some time now b/c I am military but going back was like 😳😳😳. So Supposedly starting this weekend our Loved ones will not be allowed to walk to the vending machines with us anymore. They gonna do like LaPalma where they have to sit the whole time.

Friday was cool but Sat was like he couldn't touch the microwave or the vending machine. All the staff were excited about the new rules starting this week. For the most part it was breezy. Now I don't understand how they say they are booked for appts all the time. It was like 9 visitors in there. U knw the prisons in Cali are a full house. I dnt knw wats the deal with that. I made my appt & Im going back in Nov. It felt good but it hurt me to leave knowing he's sooooo far away.

how was ur visit?[/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to dachosen1 For This Useful Post:
PrincessSinohui (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
TriCky'sWif33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachosen1 View Post
Hi Princess,

My visit was cool!! I didnt have any issues at all. It was soooo weird being back down south. Im from La & I used to live in Mississippi as well. I've been gone for quite some time now b/c I am military but going back was like ������. So Supposedly starting this weekend our Loved ones will not be allowed to walk to the vending machines with us anymore. They gonna do like LaPalma where they have to sit the whole time.

Friday was cool but Sat was like he couldn't touch the microwave or the vending machine. All the staff were excited about the new rules starting this week. For the most part it was breezy. Now I don't understand how they say they are booked for appts all the time. It was like 9 visitors in there. U knw the prisons in Cali are a full house. I dnt knw wats the deal with that. I made my appt & Im going back in Nov. It felt good but it hurt me to leave knowing he's sooooo far away.

how was ur visit?
[/quote]

hi okay that's cool.but really does suck about the rules on not touching the microwaves & vending machines..I still haven't gone...I really wanna go for Nov...Can you give me the number for appt...and an average of how much did you spend on your trip?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Never Giving Up On You

Default Visit on Sept 13,14 & 15

Hi ladies.

I was down south about 2 weeks ago. A few things did change. This was about my 8th time going and other times my bra wouldn't set off the metal detector, but for some reason it did this time. I took the under wire off but the metal on the straps of my bra is what set it off. So just to be on the safe side I would recommend a sports bra.

The guys are not allowed to go up by the microwave anymore. From what I heard starting the weekend of Sept 21,22 & 23 rd the guys will NOT be allowed to walk around with us to the vending machines or anything. They have to remain seated for the whole visiting time. They also mentioned that they will no longer be taking pictures either. That sucks for me BIG TIME! Not only do we travel so far to see our loved ones but now we can't even bring back a picture with us!? I really hope that is one thing that will change.

Right now the whole facility is on lockdown. So no one will be able to make an appointment until they come out of lockdown.

For the ones that seek info on the visiting.....here goes a little breakdown

I ALWAYS book my flight through Delta. I land in Memphis. Every time I go I book a flight that is Friday around midnight or 1am. That means Im at the airport by 6 or 7 am on Friday morning.

I always do carry on, so I don't have to wait for my luggage. I go straight to get my rental car & I always get a GPS.

After that you will drive to Mississippi for about and hour and 15 minutes. I stay at Clarksdale, MS. I've stayed at the Americas Best Value ($65 avg.) & Rodeway Inn. ($60 avg.) They have both let me check in early to freshen up a bit so I could go to my visit. I usually make it by 10am & visit ends at 4pm.

I stay at Clarksdale Fri & Sat night. On Sunday after I leave our final visit I drive back to Memphis, return the car, & from there I take a shuttle to the Motel6 ($45 avg.) in Graceland. They pick me up from the airport & take me to the hotel then I usually get the flight that leaves memphis around 8am and their shuttle takes me in the morning from the hotel to the airport.

I hope I helped a bit. Any questions I will gladly help in what I can.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B's Lady For This Useful Post:
HavyWife77 (09-25-2013), Malo's Babee (10-01-2013), PrincessSinohui (09-25-2013), Zumbamama (04-05-2014)
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Make It Last Forever

Thank you B's Lady for all that helpful info. I am new here and my husband just got transfer last month. I haven't heard from him yet. I do plan on going hopefully within the next couple of months. Your info has been very helpful to me to start planning my trip. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to HavyWife77 For This Useful Post:
B's Lady (09-26-2013)