Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Kern Valley State Prison located in Delano, California.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:54 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy's Girl View Post
Thank you, I was able to visit him twice, both visits were wonderful! Sadly I fainted in the store and spent the night in the hospital the first visit and the visit in October as I was driving from KVSP to the Portland, OR airport I was in a severe auto accident and totaled my Miata and escaped with 22 broken bones, a subdural bleed, bleeding around my lungs and my life. Spent 5 weeks in the hospital with the first week in a medical coma, and will still be signed up for one more surgery.

Both legs were shattered, and I will find out at the end of January if I can start to walk again.

Grateful each morning I am gifted to wake up, it could have been much worse!
O my goodness Sammy's Girl! It is truly a blessing you are still alive. Sounds like you are having a real rough time. I will definitely put you in my prayers. We will just claim right now that your will be running again real soon......forget walking Wishing you a positive turn around for the new year coming. Keep me posted on your progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to T_LovesHim100% For This Useful Post:
Sammy's Girl (02-09-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2015, 10:53 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
O my goodness Sammy's Girl! It is truly a blessing you are still alive. Sounds like you are having a real rough time. I will definitely put you in my prayers. We will just claim right now that your will be running again real soon......forget walking Wishing you a positive turn around for the new year coming. Keep me posted on your progress.
Thank you so much!

Very thankful for each morning I get to wake up. Will be excited when I am allowed to visit again, as we forgot to take pictures the first time and the photos were ruined in the accident the second time. But Will have to wait until the end of Feb or early March... as I am pretty sure it will not be until then that these walking cast/boots can come off.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy's Girl For This Useful Post:
T_LovesHim100% (12-26-2015)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,558 Times in 6,723 Posts

My husband is moving this week and my first thought was "Whhaat?? I can't leave KVSP. I love these ladies!"

I'm not sure where we're going, but I'm going to hope for the best and I'll be forever grateful for those in this forum who held my hand on my first visits and keep me laughing in the 8am line. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Cujo0626

Prayers and best wises on your next journey. May you get to visit really soon
The Following User Says Thank You to cujo0626 For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 9,009 Times in 3,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
My husband is moving this week and my first thought was "Whhaat?? I can't leave KVSP. I love these ladies!"

I'm not sure where we're going, but I'm going to hope for the best and I'll be forever grateful for those in this forum who held my hand on my first visits and keep me laughing in the 8am line. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Oh no one of my best friends is now in KVSP I am visiting soon and I was hoping we could be line buddies...
I hope your husband settles into his new place.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Oh no one of my best friends is now in KVSP I am visiting soon and I was hoping we could be line buddies...
I hope your husband settles into his new place.

That would have been awesome! You're in good hands here, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 9,009 Times in 3,806 Posts

yeah I will look forward to meeting all you lovely KVSP ladies. I will be the lost looking woman with the British accent and the long blonde hair.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-09-2016, 04:26 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_LovesHim100% View Post
Was finally released 10 days ago to put full weight on my legs, so able to start walking again. Still don't have the flexibility in my right foot and ankle to safely drive, but won't have my car replaced until early-mid March. I just keep working at it. Hoping I can make a trip down late March or early April. Please let KVSP get/stay off lock-down!

And sadly it sounds like I will have to have the 4 facial fractures that healed incorrectly rebroken, so not looking forward to spending part of summer looking like a beaten woman.

PS: Thank you so much for the prayers! This was the second 'near-death' experience I have had (the last one was 6 years ago), so I know I wouldn't be here without them!!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sammy's Girl For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-09-2016), T_LovesHim100% (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 10:04 AM

Sammy's Girl-I am glad you are doing better. I hope if you end up having face surgery your healing and recovery is fast! Still keeping you in my prayers. Hope you get to see your loved one soon. God Bless you!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Hi all!

So you know I don't visit here anymore but I will always have ties here so long as the KVSP fam exists. I've been catching messages from visitors discussing the processing conditions that have me concerned. It was no picnic when I was there, but this seems beyond even that. I'm hearing about hours-long delays, unreasonable clothing restrictions and generally chaotic processing.

Is this a tipping point? Are there issues so big that attention needs to be drawn? You know what I'm asking...there will always be something to be unhappy about, it's prison. But is processing reaching an unbearable level of dysfunction? If that's a yes, please please please contact the ombudsman:
Sara L. Smith
Sara.Smith@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 324-5458

Be brief and to the point. Use concrete examples. If you need help writing an email, PM me.

There is no reason for this to be harder than it already is. Other prisons manage visitor processing without some of the issues I'm hearing and I hate to see it swept under the rug.

Love to you all, stay strong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (07-06-2016), Inhishands (07-07-2016), T_LovesHim100% (07-13-2016)