Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:59 PM

Default My Hat Off to Moderator Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by William'sBaby
Tepee and Ry*sgrl,
To get ahold of your man's counselor call the prison (1- (530) 251-5100) and select the option that asks if you would like to speak to the inmate's counselor. When you get through, just give them the inmate's CDC number and you will be transfered to your man's specific counselor (they will give you the extension so write it down). Then ask the counselor what the inmate's earliest release date is. When your man was transfered to HDSP he should have been given this information and he probably already knows the date. But anyway, the counselor will be able to answer most of your questions regarding the inmate.

And with the question about 85%....I think that when an inmate gets out (early), they are on parole until their original sentence is over. So if William gets out in 2008, he will be on parole until 2012. BUT I am not really sure, I will find out though!

P.S. The counselors only give info out to FAMILY... So make sure you are specific with who you are. Just have the CDC number on hand and where your man is located within the prison. William's counselor has been very helpful.

Laura, William's Baby

Hi Laura and Everyone, Doesn't Laura do a fantastic job getting answers
to us? Laura, your posts are thorough and helpful. Thanks for encouraging us to make calls to the prisons for information only we can
gather. Some need a little shove in the right direction. Your openness is very contagious.

Next, let me introduce myself as briefly as I can. My son is in CCC since last fall. My first CA prison visit was last Christmas weekend. We had another visit again at the beginning of May. I hadn't seen him for 8 years. He isn't a bad guy, but, as he says, "I'm a socialpath, Mom. I need structure." His counselors are getting through to him...Praise the Lord!

Some may have seen my FIRST post in the last day or so. Thanks new
friends in the forum. I feel safe talking to this group. I live in Indiana and
am planning on our HDSP/CCC Gathering July 8 or 9th..'06.
THE PROBLEM:
My son wrote me this week. He is in Admin. Segregation which means he is in the hole. Someone asked about this place. He was in level 1 and doing really great. The visits boosted his spirits beyond my dreams. He's gotten in some kind of trouble (hasn't told me yet) and told me to cancel the July visit because he may not be at CCC. Thinks he'll be transferred to the Sacramento area.

Waiting for the counselor to return my call or I'll call him back soon.
What prisons are in Sacramento? From looking at the map, it could be one of many. Folsom, old and new, etc.

Thanks for reading. Hope to keep in touch.
Hugs to all of you.
Becky
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2006, 04:45 PM

Hi Everyone,
Let me introduce myself again. I got carried away in my second post ever! ...called a multi-page? I'll learn. Thanks, Barb.
My son has been at CCC since Nov. '05 and was to be released June of '07.
I live in Indiana and always have. My son left IN, 8 yrs. ago, to travel the country and ended up living in CA. This is a big subject, not enough time or space for more details now. I just found this PTO sub-forum this wk. Glad to be here.
Becky
Old 05-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Donation Award 

Davis'smom, welcome you will find the warmest of people here and some of them have the answers to EVERYTING. Once again welcome!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Tepee/HDSP/CCC

Hi, Tepee. Thanks for your PM... I'm so new that I didn't see your kind welcome. Yes, I hit a small crisis yesterday and went to this forum. I received some sweet support. The ladies are compassionate. I've sent you a PM before. How do you feel today? What did you do for yourself or your child? Be selfish, "love the one you're with..." That's your little boy.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Lockdown on HDSP/ Welcome Ayncat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayncat
Hi Everybody, I'm so glad we have our own forum!! Just want to introduce myself. I have a bf on B yard in HDSP serving another 9 years. I live in Michigan so it's a long commute! I hope this lockdown is a rolling one (though those seem to last just a day and this one has already lasted longer!) and that it's not like last years which lasted for months! So Hi again!
Hi Ayncat, Welcome. I'm with Tepee...did you say lockdown for months??? I live in Indiana, Indianapolis area. You are like me and need lots of time to book a plane ticket. If you ever want to come meet me, we could fly together. I'll rent a car for us at Reno. Sorry if this welcome is old. Being new, I'm trying to find my way around the web site. My son is at HDSP as of today. We'll talk again. David'smom
Old 05-31-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Welcome HDSP/CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshawn
Hi! My husband is in reception at HDSP. He just saw his councelor last week. His realease date is 9-16-06. He will be at HDSP E yard, CCC Susanville, or CCF. Will not know until they move him in a week or so. Thanks all!!! Shelly
Welcome Shelly, My son is at HDSP, we're new to that facility. If your husband is sent to HDSP or CCC, come back to us at this forum. Even if he is sent to CCF, we can help you answer any questions. These are good ladies and want to help you. Post anytime. Hugs to you.
David'smom
Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Ion Scanners at HDSP?

Hi Barb and thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to see there is so much support on this site.....it's GREAT! I have a very good friend (maybe more) up at HDSP. I will be visiting him in a few months and was reading some of these posts about Ion drug testing............needless to say, I was flabbergasted. I was wondering if High Desert uses those because I take prescription meds. I would hate to travel all of the way from So. Cal and have to be turned away! Also I have heard you can't wear short sleeves T-shirts, etc. They really do need to be more specific. Anyhow, any info would be greatly appreciated from some regular visitors.

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:14 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,014 Times in 7,141 Posts

Gypsy, welcome....There is a machine that I assume is a drug scanner at HDSP, but I've never seen it used, the visiting staff there is actually pretty decent... at worst, I'd suggest that you keep copies of your current perscriptions in your car, just in case it comes up, but they really don't go looking for reasons to send you away.
You CAN wear short sleeves but they can't be white or blue.... also no blue denim,there are a couple of threads here about what to wear.
Glad you found us!

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Welcome to HDSP

We are glad you found this forum. We are here to answer your questions and listen to your needs. LeBeau covered your questions well. HDSP and all facilities are strict about tank tops and sleeveless shirts, sometimes the arm hole is really large and your bra can show. If they can see your bra through the fabric, they have you change. Some of the girls have compiled guides in this same forum. My son was transferred to HDSP this week, so, I too will be reading about that prison. Glad someone said the checkin people are pleasant. Makes the visit go better. Hugs to you Gypsy! David'smom
Old 07-25-2006, 03:26 PM

i would just liek to give a big thank you to this site and specifically this thread!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:23 AM

Hi. My name is Cydney and my husband just arrived at CCC, L-1, to start servind a 12 year sentence. This is all so new to me, and I miss him so much, so please forgive any ignorance, whining, crying and moping! I am really glad I found this site. Everyone has been wonderful! Thanks.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Welcome to CCC

Hi, Cydney. We are glad you found us. The girls have listed some great threads that tell you the ropes. About visitations, what to send to CCC, and almost all you need to know. Please PM me if you need help. Everyone is here to listen. So go ahead and vent if you need to. We all understand what you are going through.
Lots of hugs to you. Hang in. Becky
Old 08-25-2006, 04:01 PM

This site is really helpful. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:48 PM
To the dirt and back...
Donation Award 

You're welcome! Glad you found what you were looking for.

William'sBaby
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
flower shop girl

Hi, I am glad to have this connection, I am new at this whole thing with prisons and so is my BF, He is facing life, and was not proven at the spot, the whole sentencing was a joke but it looks like he has a great chance for his appleal I am still waiting for an ok to visit. I am in az. so I will need time to plan to get there, I am hoping to hear something this week. He hasn't had a chance to call and has been there since June 1st. only one phone in the day room, and the list is long usually by the time comes for his call they lock them down
any thing I can know or do or talk with would be great help
Old 09-04-2006, 08:54 PM

Default Welcome HDSP/CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower shop girl
Hi, I am glad to have this connection, I am new at this whole thing with prisons and so is my BF, He is facing life, and was not proven at the spot, the whole sentencing was a joke but it looks like he has a great chance for his appleal I am still waiting for an ok to visit. I am in az. so I will need time to plan to get there, I am hoping to hear something this week. He hasn't had a chance to call and has been there since June 1st. only one phone in the day room, and the list is long usually by the time comes for his call they lock them down
any thing I can know or do or talk with would be great help
Welcome flower shop girl,
We are glad you have joined us. We have several women in this forum that have been through appeals and may be able to give you some good advice. Your BF needs to send you a form 106 that he has signed to start the visiting process. Fill it out, as honestly as you can, and mail it back to the prison. Go to the sticky under WELCOME and read all the guides. You need to read, and read, and read. Everything you need to know is there.
We have guides for HDSP and CCC. You need to know which prison he is in. The prisons are actually right next to each other. Hope to see you posting.

We're here to help!
David'smom
Old 09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I miss my husband

Hi Everyone, my name is Kristina my fiance transfered to HDSP in March. He's been in for 11 years now and 2 1/2 years more to go! I sent in our marriage packet so were hoping to get married soon. This website is so useful, thanks to everyone for there effort!
Old 09-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Donation Award 

Hey Kristina78! Welcome to the HDSP/CCC Forum! We're so happy to have you join us! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask & make sure to check out our lovely HDSP Guide for everything HDSP!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Welcome Kristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina78
Hi Everyone, my name is Kristina my fiance transfered to HDSP in March. He's been in for 11 years now and 2 1/2 years more to go! I sent in our marriage packet so were hoping to get married soon. This website is so useful, thanks to everyone for there effort!
Welcome and congratulations on your wedding plans! We're here for you.
May be having a G2G soon in Susanville for HDSP/CCC. Depending on your location, you may want to join us. The girls in this forum have done a fabulous job with guides and more. Please read all you can. D'mom
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,026 Posts

I'm new here! Thanks so much for the welcome.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 AM

Hi there everyone. I just signed up to this thread yesterday as my guy was just sent to CCC. As I was looking for the address online I came across this site and let me tell you I am so happy I found you all. I spent half my day yesterday reading and reading the posts trying to figure out how it all works so thanks to all who post here. My man is due out in July of 2008 so I have a little time to go. I hope to get acquainted with you all because I am going to need the support. Family and friends do not understand.
Barb
Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Welcome to HDSP/CCC forum

Hi leeville,
We're glad you found us. That's how most of us found this site, by just browsing. The girls have a lot of good guides for these two neighboring facilities. They are posted in the very beginning of the site. We are here to support you and your loved one. Feel free to contact us through pm's if you prefer. A pm means Private Message. That can be found near the Western Union sign. Coming here to get support from others going through the same thing is the most common reason to be here. Welcome!!!! Keep reading, and reading, and reading!!Hugs to you.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Sitting here waiting

Hello everyone, I'm new to this whole thing and I hope that this website can be helpful, My boyfriend just got locked up in highdesert
Old 12-15-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Welcome to HDSP forum

Welcome ShaeShae16! We have lots of information at the beginning of this thread. See the Sticky signs? Read the Sticky about High Desert guidelines. I bet we have every issue covered but if you have questions, please feel free to ask. For now, get to know the site by reading lots of posts.

Last edited by David'smom; 12-15-2006 at 09:30 AM..
Old 12-21-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Hdsp

Why is there not many recent post on this sight?