Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Question New to this.. Questions about Mail to Prairie Correctional Facility PCF

Hi I am new to this and correspondence with my friend is a bit hard for me to understand. I have been sending a mixture of straight letters on paper and greeting cards. I have avoided cards with any type of glitter or attachments, but am wondering if he is even getting them. Do they give them access to stamps and paper? How can I send him paper to write me back on so he does not have to spend money on it. I wondered if I wrote him one side and he can answer back on the other side if I left it blank. Any suggestions?

And when I say new, I mean new---never ever had to do this. He is a WA inmate but is OOS rent a bed at PCF.

Any help or direction would be a godsend! Thank you. This website has a wealth of information but I can't seem to find the answer to my specific questions.

Thanks in Advance for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
S.W.A.K

I haven't had anyone in PCF. If you call they will be able to answer your questions. When ever I have called any CF they have always been very nice. Here is the number and the link to their website. Good Luck The

http://www.correctionscorp.com/facility/54/

Prairie Correctional Facility

Appleton, Minnesota
Phone (320) 289-2052

Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, some A**hole throws you a shovel.

Last edited by GFaye; 02-22-2009 at 09:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to GFaye For This Useful Post:
rominakins (02-23-2009)
Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM

if he has money in his account he can get stamps and paper. if you send him stamps or paper they will not give it to him unfortunately. also if you add too much stickers and glitter they will not give it to him, i made that mistake once lol. The guy i know is a Washington oos too and this is my first time too but if you need any more help just pm me and i can try and help!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to needhelp2009 For This Useful Post:
dedegirl (03-01-2009)
Old 02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

I don't know anything about Prarie, are they a state or private prison ? I know MN state prisons allow absolutely nothing in .. the inmate has to purchase everything from the inside. Now if you leave one side blank and tell him to reply .. I don't see why they wouldn't allow that. I've sent pen pal applications in and they fill em out and send em back ... so that's similar. Stamps, phone time, etc has to be purchased off commissary.

Hope that helped a lil ! =)
Old 03-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Thank you for all your tips and info. I am glad I found this site. I did hear from him finally this week and am so glad! I am going to plan a trip to see him soon, but I live in Ohio and it is about a 14 hour drive.

Thanks again and God Bless.