Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:22 PM

Default One Dirty urine while in TDAP (hwh)

Hello. Ive been chillin n the hwh since October 1st. I rook the RDAP program while incarcerated. I went home on home confinement December 23. I suppoese to be done March 3rd but I got a dirty urine February 1st so they called me back to the Hwh February 7. Do the give you a chance with one dirty urine? Im trying to see of Ima get sent back to prison or not. Remember I took RDAP!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2020, 06:19 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,327 Times in 13,402 Posts

The bop Community Corrections Manager, CCM, will decide since you are still in bop custody even when you are on home confinement. Like much of what happens, the outcome depends on that one individual's decision. The possibilities range from no punishment to having the Marshals show up and arrest you for a trip back to prison. The only way they can delay your actual end of sentence date is after a DHO hearing with a punishment that includes a loss of earned good time.

Don't be surprised if you encounter additional restrictions from your PO when you have begun your supervised release sentence.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM

I can only speak for Probation but, the policy in my district was to give people who pissed dirty a second chance with additional restrictions during the remainder of probation. Now I do not know if that only applied to weed as opposed to other drugs but, I knew people who received multiple chances albeit with additional scrutiny and, sometimes minor punishments administered by the PO.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:12 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,206 Times in 1,670 Posts

You may have to go through some outpatient drug rehab hoops, but I would be surprised if they sent you back to prison over 1 dirty UA.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:02 AM
Donation Award 

Rizzy,
I am no expert in the world of BOP but have worked with several in my tenure of 3 decades.
I noticed that you did not state what the drop was for and it is hard to give an estimate without that information.

THC increase sanctions more than likely...Opiates or Meth well that is a whole different story. The reviewing official will also be looking into your background and how that drug correlated to your conviction.

I am just going to throw this out there and have no idea what your history is...but lets for the sake of a review...A person commits an armed robbery on grandma while high on crack then test positive during supervision for cocaine? Is that the same as someone who committed bank fraud and test positive for THC?

I am subject to random drug testing in a state where Cannabis is legal but not recognized by my employer. Just like you I have a choice comply with the rules or take a chance at being held accountable for my actions.

Choose wisely in the future young jedi and you will not have to sweat the consolation prize for non-compliance!

Take Care Chris
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
do97jdl (02-19-2020), fbopnomore (02-12-2020), maytayah (02-16-2020), safran (02-11-2020), sidewalker (02-16-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 11:26 PM

Thanks For all the information fellaz.

My dirty urine was for a splash of Molly which showed up in my urine as Methamphetamine. Ive been back in the halfway house for 7 days now. The staff said it take up to 14 days before they send me back home. I went up for my ticket 4 days ago and they recommended that I get 5 to 14 days good-time taken from me. My only problem is That I took RDAP and was released 9 months early so I dont know if they will take that 9 months back and send me back to prison. The good thing is I only have 2 weeks left until my release date so hopefully BOP wont respond by then!
Old 02-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Donation Award 

Rizzy,
No one can work harder on your recovery and supervision than you!

You are at the end of your road on this supervision, but are you on vacation or have your retired?

Take a long look at your choices that have lead you to this point in your life and decide if you are going to continue on this route with a SPLASH of something or maintain sobriety.

I am sure you know the definition of "Insanity" in the world of substance use disorder treatments....but just in case you need a refresher....Insanity = Doing the same thing and expecting a different result".

Good Luck on your potential violation and on your future recovery.

Take Care Chris
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
bellisq (02-23-2020), EyesOpening (02-16-2020), Rizzy Baybee (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 01:07 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,424 Posts

You might catch a break. But you need to understand this program is their pride and joy. You screw around and they aren't likely to contribute to your ongoing relapses. I hope you work with a sponsor and up your program participation. You're going to be on SR a long time and you have a big mark against you now.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:45 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,206 Times in 1,670 Posts

I don't say this to scare you or to be melodramatic, but you have the chance or a window of opportunity right now to get real about what this is all leading to. That chance, that window of opportunity will close at some point and where you find yourself when that day or time comes is all on you. They don't have a bed in prison waiting for you or me just to sleep on should we go back there. They have a bed for you or me or any number of others like us to die upon some day. And let that be your worst fear "I don't want to die in prison" that keeps you honest with yourself about where all this is going. People that go to prison because of a drug or alcohol problem who continue to do the same things that led them to prison.......they die in prison if they don't change their ways. They die there. I am not so far away from you and what you are faced with just now. Be real. Be who you really are and do something in the face of that. Guys like you and me....we are our worst enemies, not the cops, not the prison system and not the world. I have to be brave enough and man enough to own up to that and it's not easy on some days. I do that with the hope of staying in the free world or I don't do that with the forethought that I will die in prison. It is what it is.

Last edited by Firebrand; 02-18-2020 at 09:47 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
bellisq (02-23-2020), do97jdl (02-19-2020)