Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 07-08-2019, 01:11 AM

Default New To This - How to put money on his commissary / NJ

Hello,
This is the first and only time my son was in trouble. I was able to finally find him in the computer system, and put some money in Jpay. I believe that is for the phone? But how can I put money in the commissary for him to buy food? He is a vegetarian.

The lawyer says he will only be there for one week or so, but due to overcrowding in NJ, I believe it will be more like a few weeks. What should I do to get some things to him?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,841 Times in 3,084 Posts

I think (not 100% sure) that JPay is putting money on his commissary.

A cautionary note: inmates who have "too much" money in their commissary account (and everyone will know how much money he has) are at risk of extortion. Try to limit funds so he never has more than about $100 on his books to avoid setting him up for that.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
Hello,

This is the first and only time my son was in trouble. I was able to finally find him in the computer system, and put some money in Jpay. I believe that is for the phone? But how can I put money in the commissary for him to buy food? He is a vegetarian.

The lawyer says he will only be there for one week or so, but due to overcrowding in NJ, I believe it will be more like a few weeks. What should I do to get some things to him?
Hello!

My man is in NJ. When you put money on jpay he can use it for whatever he wants. If he wants to use it for commissary he can. Try not to over do it but it is a way of sending him money
The Following User Says Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
Hello,

Thanks Ginger M and KellyDavid410. I can't get the hang of this forum yet. But I guess what I put in Jpay should be OK then, if my son can use it as he needs to use it. I appreciate the answers and help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Empress For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-09-2019), kellydavid410 (07-09-2019)