Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 07-10-2019, 08:22 AM

Default She called me after transfer

I wasn't expecting it, but she was able to call me when she made it to Chowchilla yesterday. Now it was only 15 min and frantic but shes safely there and said the 7 other girls in the bunk are polite and seemed cool. They are all miserable together I suppose.

She said shes gonna try and get work so she can call but who knows. She got a number and gave it to me but I still don't see her on the system. I'm gonna try and write her anyways.

This life sure is tough.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (07-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,954 Times in 2,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
I wasn't expecting it, but she was able to call me when she made it to Chowchilla yesterday. Now it was only 15 min and frantic but shes safely there and said the 7 other girls in the bunk are polite and seemed cool. They are all miserable together I suppose.

She said shes gonna try and get work so she can call but who knows. She got a number and gave it to me but I still don't see her on the system. I'm gonna try and write her anyways.

This life sure is tough.

In the past, getting calls in reception was absolutely unheard of, but I have heard a few cases of it happening more frequently the last year or two at Chowchilla. Glad she was able to call so you at least have that confirmation that she's arrived safely.

If you don't mind me asking, how long is she going to be down for?

Reception process back when Dee was going through it was about 3 months for the women. That's not a guaranteed timeline, of course, but most of the women she was locked up with, it was anywhere from 10-15 weeks, depending on how busy they were. Classification tends to be a lot less tricky for the women, if only because there's not as many places they can put them.

You'll get through it. A day at a time.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-11-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,989 Times in 4,577 Posts

Glad to hear she was able to call and I am sure she will appreciate your letter.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
In the past, getting calls in reception was absolutely unheard of, but I have heard a few cases of it happening more frequently the last year or two at Chowchilla. Glad she was able to call so you at least have that confirmation that she's arrived safely.

If you don't mind me asking, how long is she going to be down for?

Reception process back when Dee was going through it was about 3 months for the women. That's not a guaranteed timeline, of course, but most of the women she was locked up with, it was anywhere from 10-15 weeks, depending on how busy they were. Classification tends to be a lot less tricky for the women, if only because there's not as many places they can put them.

You'll get through it. A day at a time.
she took a plea for 2+2 on a second strike. the judge counted her county time double and wrote her in for fire camp. right now I "think" shes looking at 1400 days - 490 credit for county time.

I am praying the classification goes OK and she gets fire camp. the whole thing is terrible what happened. Its absolutely unbelievable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-10-2019), sidewalker (07-11-2019)