Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:22 AM

Question Birth Certificate for person in Prison

Im thinking this cant be that uncommon.My friend is in prison and she needs to get a new (copy) of her birth certificate.hers is lost.I told her id pay for it and do whatever legwork but can I even do that?power of attorney??Anyone who might be familiar with the process,I would be grateful.I have ALL her info but dont like wasting time on something that cant even be done,hopefully

thx
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2019, 06:33 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,394 Posts

It's easy to order a birth certificate through VitalChek. You probably need to get the info from your friend and maybe set up an email addy for her and use a limited credit card that you get from a store. Here's a link to check out an easy way to order https://www.vitalchek.com/birth-cert...-vital-records
Old 06-18-2019, 07:15 AM

Thanked 3,425 Times in 1,600 Posts

I would have her ask her counselor if they know the best way to obtain one. In our state, they help them get one as well as a social security card.

If they dont help with the paperwork, they should be able to provide some direction.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:14 AM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

My husband is in NV and his case worker got one for him so tell her to mention it to her caseworker
Old 07-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Depends on your caseworker. The second to last one I had was worthless. The last one was good. you are better off ordering it and having it sent. However, the system is notorious for losing things.

However , with the passage of Nevada AB236, a birth certificate is not required upon release. The state is required to give you an ID, as long as you request one.

Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to matt0728bw For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-12-2019)