Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,329 Times in 521 Posts

During the last week in January my son went to the property clerk and said he had 2 books that had been delivered such and such a date. They asked if he had a slip from them. He said no but that his family had delivery receipts for it and that last time a book went back and he never got a slip. He finally got someone to look - yup both books were there at Whetstone. Everyone needs to follow up if they are getting things; it's the only way to keep them on their toes and get them to do their jobs
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (02-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
During the last week in January my son went to the property clerk and said he had 2 books that had been delivered such and such a date. They asked if he had a slip from them. He said no but that his family had delivery receipts for it and that last time a book went back and he never got a slip. He finally got someone to look - yup both books were there at Whetstone. Everyone needs to follow up if they are getting things; it's the only way to keep them on their toes and get them to do their jobs
Yep 100%. My boy had to hassle them for a month to get them. Iím pretty sure if he hadnít been on their case they would have just sat at property for eternity lol.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,557 Posts

It's getting ridiculous. I haven't heard from mine on over a month and have sent several letters. He always writes as soon as he gets my letters.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Has anyone heard from their LO at lewis-morey this past week?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyLouWho View Post
It's getting ridiculous. I haven't heard from mine on over a month and have sent several letters. He always writes as soon as he gets my letters.
We had come to the conclusion that theyíre holding onto mail and sending a bunch out at a time. Incoming mail to the complex seems fine, but Ts get mega held up very often with multiple letters arriving the same day a lot of the time. He hit up the lady in his unit and she basically confirmed thatís what was happening. However, his valentines card has already arrived via snail mail. It only took 10 days all the way to NZ! Thatís a record lol. There is ZERO consistency with Lewis. However, thereís new rumours of tablets coming in May, apparently there was a town hall meeting about it. Iím not holding my breath because he said theyíve been saying it since 2017, but Iím still crossing my fingers!
Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 AM

Looong rumor for tablets, super long lol the guy i know in lewis been saying that since 2016, but he is very sure that in May new things are coming to Lewis -morey, including better toys for child in visitation , parenting classes , tablets & a few other things. We shall see
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
We had come to the conclusion that theyíre holding onto mail and sending a bunch out at a time. Incoming mail to the complex seems fine, but Ts get mega held up very often with multiple letters arriving the same day a lot of the time. He hit up the lady in his unit and she basically confirmed thatís what was happening. However, his valentines card has already arrived via snail mail. It only took 10 days all the way to NZ! Thatís a record lol. There is ZERO consistency with Lewis. However, thereís new rumours of tablets coming in May, apparently there was a town hall meeting about it. Iím not holding my breath because he said theyíve been saying it since 2017, but Iím still crossing my fingers!
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (02-11-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,329 Times in 521 Posts
Default Mail from Tucson ASPC

Outgoing mail doesn't seem to be a problem this month so far. The Valentine's Day card to me, and his grandmother's Birthday card all arrived the same week he mailed them.

I didn't send him a card because of all the mail problems. I plan to send him postcards while I am on vacation in March. He only got 1 of 2 that I sent last fall when on a weekend trip. This time, I am going to number them and keep track of when I send each one. I can't change anything about when or if he receives them, but I can provide him with a list of date sent, what the postcard was of, and he can go and ask about them particularly instead of just saying, "my mom sent me a postcard that I didn't get."