Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Donation Award 

Default I need help with permanent party information ...

My husband is hell-bent on getting himself involved in permanent party work release. According to what he's read, he would be eligible to apply in 2 months. However, his CO has told him that he actually won't be eligible for another 10 months. It's gotten to bad that he's considering putting in a transfer for work camp because he's been through every program offered to him and he's bored.

He's served 22 months on a 5 year sentence. He's earned every bit of his gain time and will max out in December of this year (6 months from now).

Please let me know - what's the official rule on permanent party? When is an inmate eligible for it? What does he need to do?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:51 PM

I have never heard of it, but someone will be along to help you.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=485438

is some older chat from here on pto.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

The rule on eligibility is that if the inmate's date is advanceable (they are still earning gain time), they aren't eligible for CWA (permanent party) until 19 months before release. If their date is non-advanceable (they are maxed out on their gain time), they are eligible 28 months out from their release date.

So your husband's CO is correct that he isn't currently eligible. Although by my calculation he is only 6 months away from being eligible...I calculated that when he maxes out in December he will only have 23 months left - which would make him eligible then under the "28 months out if your date is non-advanceable" section of the rule.

I think she said 10 months because 10 months from now is when he will have 19 months left, which would make him eligible then under the advanceable dates criteria - she wasn't factoring that he was going to max out during that period and become eligible under the non-advanceable dates criteria.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you Nan for clearing that up. What you said makes total sense and I'll pass the word along.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 AM
WaitingonMark
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntfingers
My husband is hell-bent on getting himself involved in permanent party work release. According to what he's read, he would be eligible to apply in 2 months. However, his CO has told him that he actually won't be eligible for another 10 months. It's gotten to bad that he's considering putting in a transfer for work camp because he's been through every program offered to him and he's bored.

He's served 22 months on a 5 year sentence. He's earned every bit of his gain time and will max out in December of this year (6 months from now).

Please let me know - what's the official rule on permanent party? When is an inmate eligible for it? What does he need to do?

how do you figure out the release date, max out gain time, eligible for work release, etc..... i'm so lost. he was sentenced to three years on June 1st 2011, his release date is 8/22/13....

Loving Mark ALWAYS!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24chesney View Post
how do you figure out the release date, max out gain time, eligible for work release, etc..... i'm so lost. he was sentenced to three years on June 1st 2011, his release date is 8/22/13....

Loving Mark ALWAYS!
I just answered your question on the calculating gain time release dates thread.